It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with only letting in folks who love our country and people in as Immigrants?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
America has lots of enemies. The world has lots of people. It's not a right to come to this country it's a privilege. If you guys actually take the time to watch Trump on TV you might understand why we the American people voted him in. I took the time to watch both Hillary, Bernie and all the other candidates when I got the time. And i concluded Trump was the best person for the job. The constitution of the United States of America does not apply to the rest of the world. We know are enemies will exploit America's kindness. And try and infiltrate are programs designed to help refugees.

abcnews.go.com...

President Trump’s revamped executive order is resulting in “immediate damage” to Hawaii’s economy and educational institutions, the state alleges, “and it is subjecting a portion of the state’s citizens to second-class treatment and discrimination, while denying all Hawaii residents the benefits of an inclusive and pluralistic society,” according to the court filing.

I mean Hawaii's reasoning for fighting the EO is just sad. Lets take a look at a few key definitions:

A pluralistic society is a diverse one, where the people in it believe all kinds of different things and tolerate each other's beliefs even when they don't match their own.

An inclusive society is a society that over-rides differences of race, gender, class, generation, and geography, and ensures inclusion, equality of opportunity as well as. capability of all members of the society to determine an agreed set of social institutions. that govern social interaction.

America still has Black and White Issues after the 1st Black President Race Relations are at the worst they have been since MLK days. Multiple Race Riots in major cities across the US in the remaining months of Obama's Presidency. Ya America is not a Pluralistic or a Inclusive Society because people don't want to Assimilate into American culture and learn English to advance in our Society.

But other experts said the new order remains “tainted” by Trump’s campaign statements calling for a “Muslim ban” and other indications that it has a discriminatory intent and impact.

And yet it's not a Muslim Ban.

Even with the changes to the order, the state of Hawaii argues that the new directive violates the law because it fails to offer a satisfactory explanation for why certain countries were included or excluded from the order. The state also asserts the new order infringes on due process and establishment clause protections of the constitution.

And why didn't you fight Obama's EO banning Immigration? O wait I know why:

www.usatoday.com...

In 2011, the State Department significantly slowed the number of visas it issued to Iraqis in order to review its vetting process. The concern stemmed from the arrests of two Iraqi refugees on terrorism charges in Bowling Green, Kentucky, in 2011. One of the men was linked through fingerprints to an improvised explosive attack in Bayji, Iraq. The arrests triggered concerns in the administration and on Capitol Hill and led to a massive review of Iraqi refugees already admitted to the country and more extensive vetting of those applying to immigrate to the United States. The action only applied to refugees from Iraq.

So Obama's reasoning was because terrorists infiltrated the refugee population? Thats unheard of. You mean to tell me we dont live in a perfect world? Meanwhile Trump is addressing those same concerns in this EO. But Because he's a Republican it's damaging your economy. Gotcha.

Even with the changes to the order, the state of Hawaii argues that the new directive violates the law because it fails to offer a satisfactory explanation for why certain countries were included or excluded from the order. The state also asserts the new order infringes on due process and establishment clause protections of the constitution. “The statements of President Trump and his advisers also provide direct evidence of the executive order’s discriminatory motivations,” the amended complaint states.

O ya man I totally agree with you. Suspending people for 90 days is discrimination:

www.whitehouse.gov...

Among other actions, Executive Order 13769 suspended for 90 days the entry of certain aliens from seven countries: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. These are countries that had already been identified as presenting heightened concerns about terrorism and travel to the United States.

Meanwhile Obama Admin identified them as a threat:

In 2016, the Secretary of Homeland Security designated Libya, Somalia, and Yemen as additional countries of concern for travel purposes, based on consideration of three statutory factors related to terrorism and national security: "(I) whether the presence of an alien in the country or area increases the likelihood that the alien is a credible threat to the national security of the United States; (II) whether a foreign terrorist organization has a significant presence in the country or area; and (III) whether the country or area is a safe haven for terrorists." 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12)(D)(ii).

I determined that, for a brief period of 90 days, while existing screening and vetting procedures were under review, the entry into the United States of certain aliens from the seven identified countries -- each afflicted by terrorism in a manner that compromised the ability of the United States to rely on normal decision-making procedures about travel to the United States -- would be detrimental to the interests of the United States.

Hawaii im sure your tolerant society can survive for 90 days.

edit on 13-3-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
We have 95 million working age adults that can't even find a job and You want to import in more unskilled labor?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864
We have 95 million working age adults that can't even find a job and You want to import in more unskilled labor?

Exactly right Sir. We also have around 565,000 Homeless people in the US. So why do we wanna take in the worlds homeless when we have 500K+ Citizens here who are homeless?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Mate, it's "our" country. I don't know what "are" country means.

But I agree, we should only accept immigrants who "are" actually WANTING to be a part of "our" country and society.

Anyone who wants to come here and CHANGE "our" society should absolutely NOT be considered.

Anyone fleeing persecution to come to "our" country should first be exhaustively lectured on the ways of "our" society and ONLY if they "are" willing to live by "our" ways should they be accepted.

"Are" , as in "are you hungry, you are welcome" etc
"Our", as in " our food, our money, our country" etc

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Just noticing that many immigrants arrive with entrepreneurial skills and start their own businesses and many more would, I am sure, with a hand up (not hand out). Also, it appears the U.S. population growth could use a kick start to ensure those tax dollars and programs are there in the future. What makes people love their country...one that can offer a good life.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

What's wrong with only letting in folks who love our country . . . ?

N O T H I N G .

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You are so right. It is very frustrating trying to understand those who disagree.

Anyone who wants open borders is agreeing to let the country be infiltrated by those who hate us and want to do us damage. They don't seem to care about the well being of their fellow citizens and in my mind are traitors to their country. Doesn't even matter which country we talk about, open borders = threat to fellow citizens. I am 100% FOR immigration and diversity, but those immigrants need to come here to be part of us, not to destroy us.

I have been registered independent for a long while. I would sometimes vote democrat and sometimes republican and sometimes green party. But the democrats have become traitors as wish us harm, so until that stops they will never get another vote from me.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Its our country not are country. Change your title so our country doesn't look illiterate .

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Just noticing that many immigrants arrive with entrepreneurial skills and start their own businesses and many more would, I am sure, with a hand up (not hand out). Also, it appears the U.S. population growth could use a kick start to ensure those tax dollars and programs are there in the future. What makes people love their country...one that can offer a good life.

www.worldometers.info...

Except that our companies are in their country's. So skilled immigrants wanting to come here is an oxymoron.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wow... I just had this conversation at lunch with a friend.

I am HIGHLY suspicious of the motivations of that segment of the American Left that so badly wants to import more members of a certain cultural and religious background completely antithetical to everything our own American culture is based upon and represents.

I am even more suspicious that these leftists will never answer the simple question: How does importing even one of these non-citizen individuals make Americans safer?

Personally, I would require immigration quotas to match our existing American demographics.

62% White European

17% Hispanic/Latino

13% African black

5% Asian

3% other

Of course, that makes me "racist" or "xenophobic" or whatever snowflake idiocy it is today, but then again, I'm already those things by default because I'm a straight White man.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's not just an immigration ban, it's a travel ban.
I could see how this would affect Hawaii's tourism.

www.travelweekly.com.au...

The ban only states certain people from certain countries, but it's ultimately up to the border guards and customs officials.
Who wants to purchase a Hawaiian vacation only to be turned away at the last minute.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
It's not just an immigration ban, it's a travel ban.
I could see how this would affect Hawaii's tourism.

www.travelweekly.com.au...

The ban only states certain people from certain countries, but it's ultimately up to the border guards and customs officials.
Who wants to purchase a Hawaiian vacation only to be turned away at the last minute.

If an American that isnt in the US Military went over to any of these Countries good luck trying to get back in unless you have an extremely good reason that you're traveling to these places. I've heard stories that just having a Skype call with someone from one of these countries can get your ass monitored for up 6 months or more. So if a American will have there communications intercepted from either visiting or calling/video chatting why should they who are not citizens be allowed to come here?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Like I said, it's tourism.

www.stuff.co.nz...

It is not just visitors from the countries targeted by the bans that are souring on U.S. travel; the seven countries included in Trump's original order in January account for 0.1 per cent of incoming travellers. Rather, an atmosphere of fear at the nation's airports - and well-publicized incidents of visitors being detained and interrogated - are scaring off people without the slightest connection to the Muslim world.

"Think twice about visiting America if you don't want the 'Mem Fox' treatment," read a recent headline in the letters column of the Australian magazine Traveller, referring to the children's book author who swore she would never return to the United States after being questioned at Los Angeles International Airport on her way to a literary conference.

The Toronto Star newspaper in late January published a commentary calling on Canadians to forgo unnecessary trips to the US until Trump is out of office.

For Canadian tour bus operator Qanun, the difficulties at the border present a dilemma. If one passenger on a tour is refused entry, the entire bus is delayed, and the company is responsible for bringing the person back to Toronto and issuing a refund, he said.

"In 10 years in business, we only had one case where a passenger was turned away. Now we are wary," Qanun said.

If people think they might have trouble with their vacation, they'll just go elsewhere.

Hawaii is a tourist destination.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: InTheLight

www.worldometers.info...

Except that our companies are in their country's. So skilled immigrants wanting to come here is an oxymoron.

So, they have a handle on American business practices because they work in American companies in their country? I am not sure where you are going with this.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Like I said, it's tourism.

www.stuff.co.nz...

It is not just visitors from the countries targeted by the bans that are souring on U.S. travel; the seven countries included in Trump's original order in January account for 0.1 per cent of incoming travellers. Rather, an atmosphere of fear at the nation's airports - and well-publicized incidents of visitors being detained and interrogated - are scaring off people without the slightest connection to the Muslim world.

"Think twice about visiting America if you don't want the 'Mem Fox' treatment," read a recent headline in the letters column of the Australian magazine Traveller, referring to the children's book author who swore she would never return to the United States after being questioned at Los Angeles International Airport on her way to a literary conference.

The Toronto Star newspaper in late January published a commentary calling on Canadians to forgo unnecessary trips to the US until Trump is out of office.

For Canadian tour bus operator Qanun, the difficulties at the border present a dilemma. If one passenger on a tour is refused entry, the entire bus is delayed, and the company is responsible for bringing the person back to Toronto and issuing a refund, he said.

"In 10 years in business, we only had one case where a passenger was turned away. Now we are wary," Qanun said.

If people think they might have trouble with their vacation, they'll just go elsewhere.

Hawaii is a tourist destination.

Your dreaming if the Ban is going to have even the slightest dent in the tourism economy for 90 days. Which is what 3 months give or take?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The constitution of the United States of America does not apply to the rest of the world. We know are enemies will exploit America's kindness. And try and infiltrate are programs designed to help refugees.

A pluralistic society is a diverse one, where the people in it believe all kinds of different things and tolerate each other's beliefs even when they don't match their own.

An inclusive society is a society that over-rides differences of race, gender, class, generation, and geography, and ensures inclusion, equality of opportunity as well as. capability of all members of the society to determine an agreed set of social institutions. that govern social interaction.

First off, present proof that sinister people are trying to infiltrate our programs designed to help refugees. My research shows there is already a vetting process and guess what? People come here, even refugees, because they want the protection of our constitution.

Maybe you should be the one to leave since you don't seem to agree with the American ideal of inclusiveness?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

I am HIGHLY suspicious of the motivations of that segment of the American Left that so badly wants to import more members of a certain cultural and religious background completely antithetical to everything our own American culture is based upon and represents.

I am even more suspicious that these leftists will never answer the simple question: How does importing even one of these non-citizen individuals make Americans safer?

Personally, I would require immigration quotas to match our existing American demographics.

62% White European

17% Hispanic/Latino

13% African black

5% Asian

3% other

Of course, that makes me "racist" or "xenophobic" or whatever snowflake idiocy it is today, but then again, I'm already those things by default because I'm a straight White man.

God forbid you like women. Heterosexuals are on the Endangered Species list.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

The constitution of the United States of America does not apply to the rest of the world. We know are enemies will exploit America's kindness. And try and infiltrate are programs designed to help refugees.

First off, present proof that sinister people are trying to infiltrate our programs designed to help refugees. My research shows there is already a vetting process and guess what? People come here, even refugees, because they want the protection of our constitution.

Maybe you should be the one to leave since you don't seem to agree with the American ideal of inclusiveness?

5 examples:

Seddique Mateen
San Bernardino Terrorist
Somalian Knife Attack on Ohio State
Buffalo Man Chops off Wife's Head en.wikipedia.org...
911 Attacks

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

originally posted by: SBMcG

62% White European

17% Hispanic/Latino

13% African black

5% Asian

3% other

God forbid you like women. Heterosexuals are on the Endangered Species list.

LMAO! It sure seems that way some times,

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with only letting in folks who love this country. But to flat out say that nobody in any of those 7 countries could possibly love America is ignorant.

But anyway I think Hawaii just has the biggest problem with it because they probably make a lot of money off the people who have layover flights through their state while traveling from other parts of the world. (I am purely speculating, btw)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join