It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBO says 14 mil Will Lose Coverage Next Year Under GOP Health Care Plan

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We have been in continual war for 16:years. No one should get tax cut til we have withdrawn and stopped dropping bombs.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

We have been in continual war for 16:years. No one should get tax cut til we have withdrawn and stopped dropping bombs.

Don't hold your breath..the war on terror is a good 50 years lol... What is a tax cut? I'm in the top 95% and I pay a lot of taxes...

Here is the problem... 50% of America pay little Federal taxes but will use 100% of that subsistence. Tax all the billionaires 100% it would not pay for that in a long run.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Tell those people to get a job.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Those who lose coverage will lose it voluntarily. Because there's no government forcing them to buy anything. It's called freedom!

They don't lose it voluntarily.

There's a webcomic around that makes the point: "GoFundMe is no substitute for health care" about a type I diabetic (childhood diabetic) who lost insurance because he moved to take care of his terminally ill mother. He was trying to raise money to buy insulin through a gofundme campaign and died from lack of insulin... $50 short of the gofundme amount needed

That kind of "freedom" costs lives and actually puts a greater burden on us (because not everyone dies but a lot of them become sicker and sicker and care costs on family and society rise.

Not everyone is as healthy as you. We've had members here die from diseases (cancer) that could have been prevented with an early checkup (which is what happens with health care insurance) instead of waiting until they could afford it or until they had a medical crisis. One thing we tried to teach doctors is that prevention is so much cheaper than remediation -- and that's what insurance is about. A healthy population can work longer and be more productive.

Have you ever read up on the healthcare systems in Canada and elsewhere?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I don't believe rich people anymore since 2008 . They always cry poor.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: carewemust
Those who lose coverage will lose it voluntarily. Because there's no government forcing them to buy anything. It's called freedom!

They don't lose it voluntarily.

There's a webcomic around that makes the point: "GoFundMe is no substitute for health care" about a type I diabetic (childhood diabetic) who lost insurance because he moved to take care of his terminally ill mother. He was trying to raise money to buy insulin through a gofundme campaign and died from lack of insulin... $50 short of the gofundme amount needed

That kind of "freedom" costs lives and actually puts a greater burden on us (because not everyone dies but a lot of them become sicker and sicker and care costs on family and society rise.

Not everyone is as healthy as you. We've had members here die from diseases (cancer) that could have been prevented with an early checkup (which is what happens with health care insurance) instead of waiting until they could afford it or until they had a medical crisis. One thing we tried to teach doctors is that prevention is so much cheaper than remediation -- and that's what insurance is about. A healthy population can work longer and be more productive.

Have you ever read up on the healthcare systems in Canada and elsewhere?

There are always individual stories that can be told - there is no policy on healthcare that will not create some situation or case that can be exploited.

The fact remains though that the vast majority of those that will 'lose' coverage are those that don't want it and are currently being forced.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As long as all of you endlessly argue and debate various schemes of insurance, government intervention and taxation in support of the theft and criminal activity of the medical industry they'll be happy.

Because you'll not be getting to root problem of greed.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Congress really doesn't care about this is, other than it's a PITA for them to deal with.

They have their own high end medical coverage, not their problem.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Really whats so bad about letting a few million of societie's dregs die off. What do they offer our civilization? They aren't innovators, skilled laborers, or business owners. They breed like rats knowing full well they can't support kids, further over populating this country. If the medical field was regulated properly the need for insurance would be non existent anyways.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Congress really doesn't care about this is, other than it's a PITA for them to deal with.

They have their own high end medical coverage, not their problem.

I agree, congress should not be above laws.

The crux of problem is no one, not President, not congress, not federal prosecutors, not DOJ, not states nor local jurisdictions will stand up to medical mafia.

One big reason is it'd cause up 15% temporary contraction in GDP as dollars redeployed into other productive uses.

Of course any politician doing right thing upholding current law would be castigated due resulting economic upheaval.

This is by design and why I call medical mafia as "to big to fail" and all connotations that implies.

Not only would a politician be blamed for recession but also they'd lose largest source of lobby money available because they did right thing.

We the public have allowed this situation to exist through an all to human desire to "get something for nothing" or at minimum "the easy path" allowing theft on a scale only big banking can rival but not surpass.

It will also be our own undoing when economy severely and uncontrollably crashes under weight of our own personal greed and part it plays in medical industry scam.

Just as with banking and now with medical mafia laws exist on the books right now this minute that would bring to heel all the theft and greed. No action is required on legislative side to fix - just the public will to seek justice instead of short term beneficial reward.

You guys calling for insurance are not fix, single pay support just runs us off cliff sooner, free market - what free market?, Tax raisers are criminal enablers.

Where does this stop? National Bankruptcy with catastrophic economic collapse that's where!

Maybe then survivors can end the graft, theft, collusion and monopolistic practices orchestrated by medical mafia.

Me, I'd choose short sharp recession over big crash.

Yall realize those are only choices left,

probably not!

Those who continue to repeat same mistakes over and over, yet expect different results.

Are__________!!!!!!

You may now continue your regularly scheduled deck chair reorganization in progress.
edit on 26-5-2017 by Phoenix because: Add comment

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Who is rich?

The top 5% of households, three quarters of whom had two income earners, had incomes of $166,200.

Take 166,000 and subtract 28% fed tax with very little write offs. I think I typically pay about 40k in fed taxes every year.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Who is rich?

The top 5% of households, three quarters of whom had two income earners, had incomes of $166,200.

Take 166,000 and subtract 28% fed tax with very little write offs. I think I typically pay about 40k in fed taxes every year.

Kick in the rear is when you add up entire tax load to include state, local and sales tax along with whatever fees you're subject to I'd wager you taxed better than 50% of that income - rich indeed /sarc.

That leaves the other 50% to pay your families heathcare and others healthcare less fortunate.

When that's not enough we'll crash and then won't matter anyway.

edit on 26-5-2017 by Phoenix because: sp

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I wish I made 40k per year.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I wish I made 40k per year.

I wish you did too, so what are you doing about it to make it happen?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

At 66 and a disabled husband. Nothing just live out my time.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
What good is the CBO with a moving-target containing so many variable and unknowns? Look how WRONG the Congressional Budget Office was regarding ObamaCare, just before it passed.

dailycaller.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join