It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBO says 14 mil Will Lose Coverage Next Year Under GOP Health Care Plan

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

That may actually be a genus.

That explains a lot, perhaps Imbicilus ridiculsum would be worthy

ETA at least one of the varieties that is, another could be Imbicilus rectum...ok i will stop now.
edit on 20-3-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
QUIZ: What Republican has gone off her rocker, and now sounds like a Nancy Pelosi twin?

""_________said in an interview earlier this week that "it weighs heavy on my heart" when she thinks of the current Republican plan to repeal and replace Obama's law.

"It just really affects our most vulnerable, our elderly, our disabled, our childless adults, our chronically mentally ill, our drug addicted," she said of the potential elimination of coverage for the Medicaid expansion population. "It will simply devastate their lives and the lives that surround them. Because they're dealing with an issue which is very expensive to take care of as a family with no money.""

Answer: www.dailykos.com...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Those who lose coverage will lose it voluntarily. Because there's no government forcing them to buy anything. It's called freedom!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Revised numbers coming out now. I'm sure somebody will post them. I can't do it on a cell phone.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The CBO can't determine who will drop their insurance based on choice. What they can determine is the number of people that will lose insurance because they can no longer pay for it. But feel free to keep deflecting from how terrible this plan actually is.

You serious? They do estimate human behavior, they did it with Obamacare and where horribly wrong with their estimation. They couldn't predict how many healthy people preferred to just pay a penalty rather than pay a ridiculous premium and deductibles that essentially left them uninsured anyway. Really they got every prediction wrong with the Obamacare disaster.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I really think that 14 million number is inflated. But, to further take a step back and look at it holistically, how many of those are dropping off voluntarily? How many of those are illegals? (yes, some are on Obamacare) How many others are receiving benefits fraudulantly? How many simply lost there jobs temporarily and will be right back on it when they find a new one? Obamacare reduced the number of people without healthcare by around 20 million. This gives 14 million back to that number. So 6 million net gain. -- Doesn't seem that bad to me. This is all just partisanship bs.
edit on 5/25/2017 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk

The CBO can't determine who will drop their insurance based on choice. What they can determine is the number of people that will lose insurance because they can no longer pay for it. But feel free to keep deflecting from how terrible this plan actually is.

You serious? They do estimate human behavior, they did it with Obamacare and where horribly wrong with their estimation. They couldn't predict how many healthy people preferred to just pay a penalty rather than pay a ridiculous premium and deductibles that essentially left them uninsured anyway. Really they got every prediction wrong with the Obamacare disaster.

Further, in order to get the bill passed, they had the CBO make their estimates for the very bill that was passed, (which initially projected just the disaster that has happened these past several years), and then when democrats weren't happy with what the CBO was coming back with, forced them to go back 3 or 4 more times to "sharpen their pencils" on it so that it would look more palatable to the American public. The warnings were out there ...I believe the guy responsible for the pressuring if the CBO even goes out on speaking engagements now bragging about how he pulled the wool over the eyes of the American sheep on this. And didn't the incumbent of the CBO, when Obama came in, get fired or resign over it all, and the numbers didn't "add up" until the new Obama appointee took his place? (something close to that happened) Was fishy all the way around.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think good or bad Obamacare is on its death bed either way. The Dems say that 24 million will be without Obamacare if the Republican plan replaces it...while only about 10 million are actually in Obamacare today, does that make sense to anyone?...lol With insurance companies dropping left and right 6 million of that 10 million are foretasted to lose Obamacare with no insurer available. Also Obamacare premiums have gone up 105% since 2013, so sharp increase in cost with decrease in availability, and many of you want to keep this crap?

edit on 25-5-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If you do enough defunding any program is going to shut down.

Like here in Idaho. They have cut Medicaid so much , nursing homes are stopping taking Medicaid residents.

Congratulations Republicans. Purging has been expedited. Beginning with the disabled and old.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

If you do enough defunding any program is going to shut down.

Like here in Idaho. They have cut Medicaid so much , nursing homes are stopping taking Medicaid residents.

Congratulations Republicans. Purging has been expedited. Beginning with the disabled and old.

Stop... Obamacare is not supportable....sorry to say.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

No I will not be quiet. The whole nation is failing, very fast.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
Not like Republicans ever cared whether anyone (besides themselves) had healthcare or not before... why change now?

Coverage != Care

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well if they're still basing their info and numbers on Gruber then I am very sure their figures are incorrect. If you don't know who I'm talking about then look up Gruber, MIT economist responsible for Obama care and see how many fails he has in healthcare in multiple areas. The fact that guy is still an economist at MIT is just astounding to me.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk

Not from what I've heard, they don't. They can only make estimates based on tangible numbers like "this many people will have to get coverage" and "that many doctors will take on so many new patients."

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

No I will not be quiet. The whole nation is failing, very fast.

Why do you say that? It seems that people today want everything to be a Government subsidy and we just can not pay that bill. How did we survive the last 200 plus years without all these required subsidies? The failing is when we keep making the government bigger and bigger, more and more programs stacked on top of each other in an endless pile, and somehow all are needed for our survival even the ones not even dreamed up yet...lol

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

When a nation can't give aid to the war vet, the old and infimed, it's in a failed state.

You are not the nursing home administrator who will be turning down desparate people.

Congratulations for your small government win. Be happy and move on.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Congratulations for your small government win. Be happy and move on.

It isn't small at 20 trillion dollars in the hole, and your evil Republican budget is still over 4 trillion this year... Here is 2016 and China has like 5x the people we have. So what do you suggest we do to get that extra trillion or so...I get it, I really do...I understand your frustration..

............................made....spent
1 United States....3,363,000 3,893,000 -530,000 -13.6% 2016 est.[1]
2 China.............2,465,000 2,897,000 -432,000 -14.9% 2016 est.[1]

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The millions of people Democrats like to claim will lose coverage ignore a vital fact in that statistic. Those people will have the option of continuing coverage or opting not to have coverage. It is based on the number of people who are required to have insurance under obamacare.

When the mandate goes away 14 million (latest number is now 23 million) will no longer be required / forced to carry insurance.

Democrats like to lie using the numbers and they conveniently leave out the specific.

As a side not Blue Cross Blue Shield is now pulling out of Missouri and a few other states.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The 4 trillion budget is in the same league as Obamas budget.

As for China they just had their credit downgraded over their debt load. Apparently that happens when you intentionally ignore chinese municipal / county debt - more than a trillion dollars - from their reporting.
edit on 25-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The 4 trillion budget is in the same league as Obamas budget.

As for China they just had their credit downgraded over their debt load. Apparently that happens when you intentionally ignore chinese municipal / county debt - more than a trillion dollars - from their reporting.

It is actually more than Obama's 2016 by a good deal, but the left is all woo is me, Trump is destroying the country by cutting the government to the bone etc

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join