It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBO says 14 mil Will Lose Coverage Next Year Under GOP Health Care Plan

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Your in-law is WISE to have health insurance, since he obviously has income/assets at risk. Under the AHCA, he'll have more choices in benefits, deductibles, etc.. We all will, thankfully.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: chaeone86
a reply to: carewemust

You are ignoring the cost to the system of uninsured individuals in emergency rooms getting free care, vs. the cost of them entering into the Medicaid risk pool.

You are ignoring the suffering of uninsured individuals getting "just enough" care in emergent environments only to be left with chronic mental and physical illnesss and becoming a suck on the disability and welfare system.

I had one trip to the ER this last year that cost 15k for 48hrs of emergency care. It was covered by my insurance. They paid the hospitals bills. 5-6k per each Medicaid recipient? That's nothing compared to the burden of free care given to (recklessly) uninsured people.

You just don't. Know. What. You. Are. Talking. About.

You're assuming that every person on Medicaid will need enough Medical Care to justify their annual $5,300 cost to all the citizens who are paying that premium for them, year after year.

Yes..I'm ignoring the "suffering" of uninsured individuals. Obama said that there should not be any. So it's their fault if they don't have health insurance.

I'm glad you received quality care at the E.R. and fully recovered, ChaeOne86.
edit on 3/14/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Point is 6k is practically zero in the view of actual healthcare cost. My physical therapy provider charges my plan $400 an hour twice. TWICE WEEKLY. To properly rehabilitate my condition post my time in intensive care.

Truth is nobody can predict their healthcare cost. As I have asserted in all my posts - even the healthiest person may be brought to their knees by unexpected misfortune.

These people would be better off to be covered through any insurance plan rather than none. Medicaid, Obamacare, private insurance, et all. Problem is new plan obfuscates all the above.

Please choose zero coverage until you are sick and suffering in an emergency vehicle and pray to god for help.

Those uninsured people are the most expensive, incapable idiots on this planet. Poor losers who don't understand the concept of shared cost. F*cking idiots who have zero success in their lives. Losers. Pure losers.

Thanks children. You are the welfare loss our system suffers from. Too pathetic to even pay a premium while at once hating a system that gives you healthcare to assure your future. F*cktarded morons.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: chaeone86

YES! You hit all the nails squarely on the head, ChaeOne86. As long as Americans are fat happy spoiled affluent phucks, the damn system will milk our azz, cause we can't stand pain and want gratification like right Fu*kin now!

Doctors, medicine companies, wheelchair manuf., diagnostic machine companies...ALL KNOW THIS and SQUEEZE every dollar out of our insurance. They put Medicaid patients at the end of the list cause they don't pay them as much. We go to single payer, watch all the quality and speed take a nosedive.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is a nice spin but you know as I do that Trumpcare is garbage.

My in law will be fine now...even Trumpcare will take care of him because he's got money. But Trumpcare will screw many in middle america that have the same situation as my in-law with the continuous coverage clause.

If they lapse out of insurance for more than 60 days for let's say losing their jobs or being extremely sick and not having the money to pay for their insurance, they will see their premiums go up 30% if they tried to get back into the insurance.

This is a handout to insurance companies and punishing people who are most at risk. Your average poor person in your red states will get crushed by this rule and will most likely die without insurance.

Trumpcare is DOA. No way this can be reasonably supported by congress.

originally posted by: carewemust

Your in-law is WISE to have health insurance, since he obviously has income/assets at risk. Under the AHCA, he'll have more choices in benefits, deductibles, etc.. We all will, thankfully.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Dropping healthcare for freeloaders is a good thing.

Absolutely. Screw them if they can't afford health insurance. Let them die in the streets. Or they can go to hospitals who are required by law to treat them and let the hospitals eat the cost. So what if hospitals start failing (which is the whole impetus for ACA to begin with). Who needs hospitals?

That's the other thing that no one is talking about..

The reason that the American Hospital Association opposes this? Because it is going to mean Hospitals in rural areas (aka Trump Land) that are just getting by with Obamacare and Medicaid closing. They will immediately be losing money and shut down under TrumpCare...That means LAYOFFS in rural America as these hospitals close and less "access" to emergency rooms..the only places those rural Americans will be getting medical care after their Healthcare becomes unaffordable.

The 24 counties where people would be hurt the most are the same 24 counties that tipped the election to Trump..That is just wild..It's almost like the bill was designed to hurt Trump voters.

If I was a partisan sociopath, I'd cheer this bill...If it passes the GOP will be crushed in 2018 and 2020. There is no math where rural americans don't get completely screwed in this bill...Not like Coal Miners need healthcare or anything?..Right?
edit on 14-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: chaeone86

Truth is nobody can predict their healthcare cost. As I have asserted in all my posts - even the healthiest person may be brought to their knees by unexpected misfortune.

Interesting fact..During the near economic collapse of 2007-2009? With record unemployment and homes being foreclosed on? During all of that wreckage...Medical Bills STILL held on to the top slot for reasons people declared bankruptcy in the USA.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha

If they lapse out of insurance for more than 60 days for let's say losing their jobs or being extremely sick and not having the money to pay for their insurance, they will see their premiums go up 30% if they tried to get back into the insurance.

On top of the general 20% increase in premiums predicted next year by the CBO.

50% increase..So someone who doesn't have insurance now...decides they will sign up cuz now it is "Trumpcare" and he is making America Great Again?

They will pay 20% more than now, plus the 30% penalty...PLUS the bill does not have the minimum requirements and limits that Obamacare demanded of policies..

So they pay 50% more than they would pay now...for a policy that will undoubtedly have a HUUGE deductible and cover much less once that deductible is met....winning?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Did a brown mooslim man come up with the original plan? If yes, then anything different (even dying) is winning! We have always been at war with Eurasia.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I say this is real rich coming the from the ones were saying Ebola would be a pandemic.

A lot can change between now and 2026. They're acting like this is the set in stone future.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Because when you lose your job you lose healthcare insurance and a medical condition/emergency becomes the last straw.

Because when you're house is underwater and you can't borrow equity, and you're stocks are worth 30-70 percent less than what you bought them for, a medical condition/emergency becomes the last straw.

See a pattern here? Your data point isn't really useful because it's incredibly narrow. Of course medical situations are a high cause of bankruptcy because they are often the ace in the hole, the deadly surprise to finances of someone already squeezed from every side.
edit on 14-3-2017 by chaeone86 because: Typo

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlassToTheArson
a reply to: lostbook

I say this is real rich coming the from the ones were saying Ebola would be a pandemic.

??? - Did I miss something? When did the Non-Partisan Congressional Budget Office (BTW - Headed by a GOP appointee since 2015) predict Ebola would be a pandemic?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Consider for 2015: HHS's 2015 estimate of newly insured, those who have coverage who wouldn't have before the ACA, was 16.4 million. There are 320 million citizens in the US, meaning 1% of the population equals 3.2 million. According to Gallup the uninsured rate dropped by 5% since 2013. So 5.2 x 3.2 = 16.64 million.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
This is a nice spin but you know as I do that Trumpcare is garbage.

My in law will be fine now...even Trumpcare will take care of him because he's got money. But Trumpcare will screw many in middle america that have the same situation as my in-law with the continuous coverage clause.

This is a handout to insurance companies and punishing people who are most at risk. Your average poor person in your red states will get crushed by this rule and will most likely die without insurance.

Trumpcare is DOA. No way this can be reasonably supported by congress.

originally posted by: carewemust

Well then Libs should not be too unhappy with Trumpcare since it's not much different than Obamacare ... oh wait yah the penalties and fees but otherwise pretty much the same. I like Rand Paul's take on it.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Newt Gingrich gives a nutshell explanation of WHY the Congressional Budget Office is wrong so frequently...and why it needs to be replaced.

Excerpted from: www.foxnews.com...

""The Congressional Budget Office’s estimate of how the American Health Care Act will impact the economy and our insurance markets is simply absurd.

The CBO should be abolished and replaced by three to five outside professional firms that better understand the dynamic interaction of legislation and the marketplace.

This prompted some liberals to claim I was only griping, because the bill – the first step toward repealing and replacing ObamaCare – received a bad “score” from the budget office. The Left wants to create a false narrative that Republican opponents of the CBO are simply defending their party and president.

But these Democrats are reimagining history.

In fact, I have advocated replacing the CBO for more than a decade.

In my 2005 book "Winning the Future," I argued that the CBO and the Joint Committee on Taxation should be replaced with an Accurate Scoring Caucus after the CBO inaccurately projected $63 billion of revenue losses from the 2003 Bush tax cut, which never materialized.

Then – as now – I argued that the CBO doesn’t score legislation dynamically. It simply ignores growth that results from tax cuts in its projections, which creates an inherent legislative bias toward more taxes and budget gimmicks.""

-end

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Newt.

He's a salamander.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Which species? There are hundreds.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

The slimy type.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh..you're referring to the Politician species!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

That may actually be a genus.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join