It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump greenlights arm sales to Saudis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Good to see Bill Hicks keeping his word, but why the f#k are you acting surprised? Trump said in his speeches before the election he supports the Saudis and even said he would send US troops to defend them!!

That on top of his AIPAC speech saying that Iran is the biggest supporter of terrorism and the poor Saudis were defending against them. Trump is the same as the past administrations. Two sides of the same coin. The same thing happened in Canada. Evil traitor Harper spread endless propaganda how evil all muslims are while selling arms to the Saudis. Then when the saviour Trudeau got in, he did nothing to stop it. All politics is an illusion to keep power from the people.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This is a total load of crap on Trump's part. He should be heralding a new foreign policy approach against Saudi Arabia and their allies. No US armaments should be sold Saudi Arabia or any Saudi puppet, America should not buy any Saudi product (oil included) and American businesses that deal in Saudi Arabia and their puppets should face severe penalties.

It is established fact Saudi Arabia and their friends are supporting the Islamic State, as well as practically every other Salafist terrorist organisation active worldwide.

One would've thought he was serious about actually defeating the Islamic State, given the increase in activity against them in Syria, Air strikes carried out in support of the Syrian Army during the liberation of Palmyra and all that good stuff.

However if he continues to maintain America's friendship with Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Monarchies then this is all in vain, since the Islamic State will have unlimited access to foreign funds and other support, once they are defeated militarily they will simply become an underground terrorist organisation launching attacks in the West, Russia and Iran.

The key to ending Salafist terrorism is ending the Saud dynasty. They are the primary propagators and supporters of this ideology.

I guess Trump is getting different advice. Which is pretty damn sad since it means a continuation of the policy of indirect American support for Wahhabism & Salafism.

So far i've been relatively disappointed with Trump's foreign policy, all in all.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I have favored Trump as well, but must agree with you on this one, this is a really bad decision, one that needs to be questioned!

Why? I think Trump has a little explaining to do.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: amazing
Yeah...let's sell weapons to the Terrorists that blew up the world trade towers, support Boko Harem and spawned Osami Bin Laden...what could go wrong?

I think you'll find it wasn't the Saudi government doing 9/11, it was the US government asking the Saudi government to provide militants for the job.

Either way...they're the enemy. Osama Bin Ladin, Al Queda, Boko Harem, Isis. all have ties to Saudi Arabia, all killing thousands upon thousands of Americans. But we look the other way.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Just to nit pick a little, Trump hasn't approved anything yet. The State Department has, but it hasn't gone to Trump to approve yet.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It would be interesting to know what types of weapons these are and who sold them ...Who would they be used against and by who ?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Its good to see this sort of honesty out of a Trump supporter, although I wish more were keeping themselves aware of this stuff, and not brushing it off with statements like "Obama did x, so why is it a problem now?".

On the subject itself, this crap was wrong as hell when Bush was doing it, stupid when Obama was still at it after years at the helm... It makes no sense, unless IS is a proxy army, employed by the back channels to create destabilisation in the Middle East and other affected areas, so that boots on the ground and all the financial motivations that come with that, are more likely.

I distrust this deal intensely.

Agreed, Toyota flatbeds and Hummers will make America great again, a proven formula.
Sad innit.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Trump has his ear to the wall & listening.....

Trump knows that Turkey is conducting a Referendum Vote to change the Turkish Government into a Chief Executive Presidency kind of leadership...
this vote will be 16 April--- And Erdogan is expected to go Full Islam on the world... he himself will fashion himself as the Muslim World's Caliph or Mahdi

Erdogan will have a private Army at his beckoning too

Trump is positioning the Saudi to go face-to-face with Turkey on the relocation of the Kaabal presently in Mecca close to the Red Sea in Arabia...

Trump will need to try & stop Turkey becoming the Regional hegemon over everyone in the M.E. including Arabia & Iran... about the only way is to arm the Saudi Monarchy with the most sophisticated arsenals available & have the USA coalition in a boots-on-the-ground capacity over there among the Gulf States...

I think Trump will be backing the Globalists puppet if he supports the Saudi regime...but an aggressive Turkey is not to be left unhindered either

I support my post with the info in this relevant link:

shoebat.com... amic-empire-the-islamic-antichrist-will-declare-himself-to-be-god-and-war-agai/

edit on th31148954701514032017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

St Udio,

How do you feel about this statement:

There is no justification which is equal to the task of legitimising this sale, regardless of knock on geopolitical effects it might have. Controlling Turkey by way of arming Saudi Arabia or selling arms to that country, is the very sort of gamesmanship that collapsed the moral underpinnings of every Presidency since Carter left office. Other ways must be found.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Nice find Grambler, thanks for the informative thread. I had it posted in this Trump vetting thread I started a little while back, and I wanted to invite you to comment there. I notice you've been a Trump supporter but are not reluctant to call his mistakes. I am also not caught up in the hype, but want to see these things as clearly as possible. I'm not a Trump supporter, but not a Trump hater either. Please comment there, I would like to hear your thoughts.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join