It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump greenlights arm sales to Saudis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Yeah...let's sell weapons to the Terrorists that blew up the world trade towers, support Boko Harem and spawned Osami Bin Laden...what could go wrong?

I think you'll find it wasn't the Saudi government doing 9/11, it was the US government asking the Saudi government to provide militants for the job.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Why would he do this? Yeah, I am with you on this. I see nothing good about it all.

link   
a reply to: Arnie123

K thanks .

link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

This is the deal that got blocked last year. The Senate approved it in September, but it was never finalized.
edit on 3/13/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What the hell does Saudi Arabia have on us? If there was one country i'd love to see us go to war against it's Saudi Arabia.

S&F
edit on 13-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So now it's this, and Jeff Session's stance on private prisons and MJ that I have a problem with in this new administration. This is proof that there are still elitist globalist influences on the right that need to be drained.

Not good news. Thanks for sharing though.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Right now, the UAE, who has long been an ally of ours, is starting to develop a new fighter with Russian support. They have every right to of course, but if you look at their Air Force, it's exclusively Western equipment.

There are indications that the way that sales for Qatar, Kuwait, and Bahrain by the previous administration is the reason they went to Russia. Kuwait and Qatar had to wait years to get approval to buy new aircraft, and only got that approval late last year. Bahrain was told a vague "improve your human rights record" to get their sale approved.
edit on 3/13/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

So now it's this, and Jeff Session's stance on private prisons and MJ that I have a problem with in this new administration. This is proof that there are still elitist globalist influences on the right that need to be drained.

Not good news. Thanks for sharing though.

I think you and I see eye-to-eye on things. I know that all Presidents don't do everything they say...but getting rid of Sessions would go a long way in my book to putting things on the right track.

a reply to: Zaphod58
Thanks for the info Zap!
edit on 3/13/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Funny, my friend and I were just saying over the weekend how quiet ISIS have been since Trump became President

They haven't been, actually (just google the news) - however the outrage over Trump's stunts (and Trump's own announcements) have pushed the news to the back burner.

......take it that is about to get an uptick now....

I don't think it will. I believe the Trump administration will continue to make controversial moves and statements and ISIS news will get buried under more outrage.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Might seem a stupid question but...

Which side are the Saudis on? It's not A vs B, it's messy as hell.

All depends who make the mess, however the Saudis are in the house of Wahhabi. I find it hard to describe it as a place of religious pluralism. My guess is that their Anthropology Science might have a habit of also relating to culture as well. I don't know for sure, but religious law and execution might stand well together there for instance, while human behaviour is not necessarily a discipline to the same order. Still though, you can go there to study...presumably if you have the dosh.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I am so sick of this garbage. Ever since W. Bush we have been told Islamic terror is the greatest threat to us, and yet it seems these people telling us this have no problem arming those very people when it suits them. And as we can see in Libya, Syria, and every where else this happens, it never works out. Well except for the people who want constant war.

Perhaps the logical conclusion is that Islamic terror isn't the greatest threat to us? If it were, we wouldn't still be arming them.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Or purposefully get buried to avoid the fact that his stance on unlimited migration has some truth in it.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Remember the first day of Republican convention - 'Make America Safe Again'. They spend entire day fear mongering about
a series of attacks , riots, etc just prior to that, and none since this divider-in-chief got elected.

Saudi/Isis indeed helped instill fear in American public and the rest is history. Trump have been bending over backwards to Saudi from the beginning.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
War is a business. You wanted a businessman rather than a politician...what did you expect?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The US State Department under Donald Trump announced last week that they will green-light the sale of weapons to Saudi Arabia that were previously frozen in the final months of the Obama administration.

This made me laugh. Anything done "in the final months of the Obama administration" should be taken as a joke. But then again, so should the Obama administration...
edit on 3/14/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Perhaps there is just a lot of money to be made..damn the consequences.

Thank god you got a non political businessman in charge.

I doubt anyone will dispute that SA is the root of much of the worst kind of evil..what gives in the Trump admin?
edit on 14-3-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
You sure it wasn't "farming equipment" again?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I have told people many times Trump is up to no good ever since he didn't put Saudi Arabia on the travel ban and nobody believed me.
edit on 3/14/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I think most of us know it was very shady, and most of us know what SA is all about.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Its good to see this sort of honesty out of a Trump supporter, although I wish more were keeping themselves aware of this stuff, and not brushing it off with statements like "Obama did x, so why is it a problem now?".

On the subject itself, this crap was wrong as hell when Bush was doing it, stupid when Obama was still at it after years at the helm... It makes no sense, unless IS is a proxy army, employed by the back channels to create destabilisation in the Middle East and other affected areas, so that boots on the ground and all the financial motivations that come with that, are more likely.

I distrust this deal intensely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join