It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump greenlights arm sales to Saudis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Was there a ban on arms sales to Saudi Arabia that I wasn't aware of? Was the F-15SA contract suspended?

EDIT: Upon googling, I discovered Saudi Arabia received its first F-15SA in December 2016.

www.janes.com...
edit on 13-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: more info

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: InTheLight
Am I missing something here? The link below shows Saudis have already been buying U.S. weapons. Pres. Trump probably just made a better deal for the U.S.

www.businessinsider.com...

I don't care what past administrations did.

Obama had a freeze on this sale of weapons, and Trumps admin greenlit resuming the sales.

The point is, if Trump is interested in stopping nation building and eliminating Isis, he would change the policy of selling weapons or arming the people that arm and support Isis.

Obviously, he disagrees with most of you here that the Saudis are involved with ISIS.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Am I missing something here? The link below shows Saudis have already been buying U.S. weapons. Pres. Trump probably just made a better deal for the U.S.

I don't care what past administrations did.

Obama had a freeze on this sale of weapons, and Trumps admin greenlit resuming the sales.

The point is, if Trump is interested in stopping nation building and eliminating Isis, he would change the policy of selling weapons or arming the people that arm and support Isis.

Obviously, he disagrees with most of you here that the Saudis are involved with ISIS.

Then he is wrong

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Funny, my friend and I were just saying over the weekend how quiet ISIS have been since Trump became President......take it that is about to get an uptick now....very dissappointed

Unhappy Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i think there is way more to alot of these kinds of moves than we could ever imagine.

I was thinking about the AHCA for example. I bet Trump is being strong armed into that basically being told "The GOP needs a win it can hold up in front of their constituents, give this to them and we'll deal on some of the things you want".

Thats politics. Trump might just make a "good politician" yet if he keeps going down this path.

And yea...im favorable to Trump...but there are ALOT of things im totally not happy with AT ALL about things hes doing and planning on doing. But....i think we have to realize there are probably alot of things going on behind the scenes that he is trying to figure out. If it is even half as dangerous as AJ and others think, and Trumps whole family is in on this....they could be in significant danger he Trump goes all out against "the swamp". He knows the Clinton body count...and he knows what these people are capable of.....im sure hes trying to mitigate the worst potential situations by either appearing to go along to get along on some issues, or ACTUALLY submitting to the wishes of some of these insider groups on some issues....

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We talk about radical Islam, here's an entire country that's ruled by Sharia Law. They have one of the worst human rights record, yet Saudi Arabia isn't one of the countries Trump didn't ban. Even the people of Iran have more western values than Saudi Arabia!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Yes, more to this than the headlines. As always.
www.theguardian.com...

Maybe you raise a valid point. We should dig deeper than the headlines.

(Sorry for using Guardian link... Just as bad as providing a Daily Mail link. The substance is there though. )

“The addition of these tanks and recovery vehicles to the (Saudi military’s) inventory will enhance Saudi Arabia’s ability to support its soldiers in the field and to defend the Kingdom’s borders.”

Vague as f##k.
edit on 13-3-2017 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

Why do the ext[ ] brackets not work anymore?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Yes, more to this than the headlines. As always.
www.theguardian.com...

Maybe you raise a valid point. We should dig deeper than the headlines.

(Sorry for using Guardian link... Just as bad as providing a Daily Mail link. The substance is there though. )

“The addition of these tanks and recovery vehicles to the (Saudi military’s) inventory will enhance Saudi Arabia’s ability to support its soldiers in the field and to defend the Kingdom’s borders.”

Vague as f##k.

Why do the ext[ ] brackets not work anymore?

Other U.S. allies also have poor humanitarian/human rights records but maintaining American dominance is the order of the day, it appears - hence why Iran was taken off the travel ban.
-------------------------

"Mostly, these are new members of the team, countries that have yet to prove their mettle, to Washington and to others, or who have mixed feelings about being aligned with America. Some of them are relatively weak. Some of them used to be stronger allies, but recently have taken a turn against maintaining American dominance. A few of them aren't allies at all, but rather local players who are only now gaining Washington's favor because of its growing concerns about American interests. The two most powerful, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, have uneasy relationships with the US. Pakistan is wary of being left on its own after having expended considerable political capital and military loss fighting the Taliban; Saudi Arabia is unhappy about our recent attempts at rapprochement with Iran. Both are nominally friends, but they may eventually decided to go their own way.

PAKISTAN
SAUDI ARABIA
MONGOLIA
EGYPT
VIET NAM
BURMA"

www.quora.com...
edit on 13CDT05America/Chicago03450531 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have to agree. However, I believe those orders were already place right? Just frozen?

Is there reason to believe that there will be future sales?

At the very least, we don't sell them advanced tech, such as the F35 or F22, which I heard they really wanted.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Grambler

I am with you on the principals of this new but have to wonder why ?

Look around the Administration. What do you see? Money. Billionaires. It's always about money. It's about friends making bank. That's all.

JT's Rules of Business #1:
Scruples and ethics run inversely proportional to the potential size of the deal.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Maybe TRUMP and HILLARY ARE working together after all?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I agree!, note I'm not from the US.
And you guys in the US didn't had much choice, so between Hillary or Trump, I would have voted Trump easy.

I also don't get this move, only just because it's a ''good deal'' in Trump eyes (for the economy). I could see whey he's for it basically and perhaps some guys close to him which he appointed are for that... and since he's loyal.. but even then- not the right thing to do.

He also wants more money for the military, even though it's already a crazy amount of money which is being spend on that apartment. Ok I guess selling arms are the biggest in export for the US, so yea more money for ''defense''. No wonder Russia are made to be an ''enemy'', more weapons to sell like country's in the EU. But wait--- he want's to be friends with Putin!? I do wonder if he will stay with his word on that! But anyways not much sense to make from it...

And as said by WeRpeons, only money makes sense by supporting SA and doing the opposite against Iran while every normal person with any morals, common sense could see that by doing the opposite would seem more right.

edit on 13-3-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
the 'right' love to throw around the 'triggered' buzzword. What they don't realize is that they are as much susceptible as anyone. 'Oh crap, Donald did something sketchy... quick, drag up Hillary.'

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
“It wasn’t the Iraqis that knocked down the World Trade Center,” Trump told a crowd in Bluffton, South Carolina. “It wasn’t the Iraqis. You will find out who really knocked down the World Trade Center, ‘cuz they have papers in there that are very secret. You may find it’s the Saudis, okay? But you will find out.”

So he thinks it was the Saudi's who knocked down the WTC yet he is greenlighting selling them arms? Does that mean he's selling arms to our enemies?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, if it was the Saudi's that knocked down the WTC they did not use U.S. weapons, they used box cutters and four U.S. planes.
edit on 13CDT05America/Chicago05750531 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Can Congress in any way,block this deal?Not that they would mind you.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Yes. It was approved by State, Congress now has 30 days to block it, or it's approved by default.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes. It was approved by State, Congress now has 30 days to block it, or it's approved by default.
Which administration got this deal going ?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

He article shows it, did you read it?

It was frozen during the final days of the Obama Admin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join