It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump greenlights arm sales to Saudis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I may be a Trump supporter, but I have promised that I would call out Trump for doing things I am against.

This story is one of them.

The US State Department under Donald Trump announced last week that they will green-light the sale of weapons to Saudi Arabia that were previously frozen in the final months of the Obama administration.

The State Department announced the resumption of the sale of arms last week, that will primarily be used by Saudi Arabia to fight their ongoing war in Yemen. The problem is that the announcement did not include any conditions that would require the Saudis to improve the standards used in this war that have already led to a host of war crimes and human rights violations.

www.zerohedge.com...

Now we know from the wikileaks that the US knows that the saudis arm Isis. We know as this article shows that the Saudis commit war crimes in Yemen.

Supposedly Trump is against those things, yet here his administration goes selling them weapons.

I am so sick of this garbage. Ever since W. Bush we have been told Islamic terror is the greatest threat to us, and yet it seems these people telling us this have no problem arming those very people when it suits them. And as we can see in Libya, Syria, and every where else this happens, it never works out. Well except for the people who want constant war.

I am not saying this makes me hate Trump, but its a policy that I strongly condemn.

The anti trump people have spent so much time yelling about tweets and crowd sizes and making fun of his skin color that they are missing important stories like these.

I think that it is important that as a Trump supporter I call him out when he has a horrible policy like this, and hope others are willing to do the same.
edit on 13-3-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yea I am pro Trump also, And yes this is not good at all Grambler. Not at all.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yeah...let's sell weapons to the Terrorists that blew up the world trade towers, support Boko Harem and spawned Osami Bin Laden...what could go wrong?

I know we already sell weapons and help them train personal and provide logistical support, the question is why don't we stop it? Why give weapons to those that are trying to kill us?
edit on 13-3-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Obama! Hillary! Fake news!

Does that cover the excuses?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Might seem a stupid question but...

Which side are the Saudis on? It's not A vs B, it's messy as hell.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I am with you on the principals of this new but have to wonder why ? ...Maybe the key to making sense of it is with Israel .They and the Saudi's seem to be on the same page for some strange reason .Some good news I heard was that the drone strikes in Yemen are finally going after AlCIAda targets.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I too am disappointed to hear this. When can we send the Saudi's back to the caves in which they belong?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The "anti-establishment," propoganda campaign just further crumbles away.

I'm excited to see the excuses and mental gymnastics that's required to spin this to a positive.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If you are determined to make the same mistakes of the past, don't expect a different result, it's just not going to happen.

Disappointing, as I thought Trump was against ISIS? Clearly not.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

it never works out. Well except for the people who want constant war.

Exactly. What's amazing to me is the silence from the elected Dems in the House and Senate. The nation has its undies in a bunch over the election when both parties are really one party that is for the benefit of one, very, very, small special interest group.

Strike one against draining the swamp.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yep, I agree OP as a Trump supporter I can't get onboard with this one. I see Saudi Arabia as a terrorist state and feel we should cut all ties with them.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Obama froze weapons sales to a MUSLIM country, but Trump approves them? Something is bass akwards here.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Very disappointed in this as well.

But heartened, that at least we can call him out on this. Admit this is a mistake.

And I don't see many "excuses" for it.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Obama! Hillary! Fake news!

Does that cover the excuses?

how about we stay on topic...

a debate that doesnt resort to pointless partisanship banter, is what everyone have been crying about lately.
but i read your sarcasm and passive aggressive tone loud and clear.

soon a trumaholic will bring up Bengahzi or Uranium sales to Russia, then the thread completely drifts...
edit on 13-3-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The anti trump people have spent so much time yelling about tweets and crowd sizes and making fun of his skin color that they are missing important stories like these.

Nope.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Could it be a case where if the US didn't then SA would use USD $$ and buy their arms from Russia ? US arms sales is very big business .Even looking at the war in Syria in the north where Turkey (a NATO member) is fighting against a US backed Kurds is a circle that is hard to square .

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Obama froze weapons sales to a MUSLIM country, but Trump approves them? Something is bass akwards here.

I can't believe I actually agree with you on something.

NO WEAPONS FOR ISLAMIC COUNTRIES, EVER!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I think we can all agree on this one...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Am I missing something here? The link below shows Saudis have already been buying U.S. weapons. Pres. Trump probably just made a better deal for the U.S.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Am I missing something here? The link below shows Saudis have already been buying U.S. weapons. Pres. Trump probably just made a better deal for the U.S.

www.businessinsider.com...

I don't care what past administrations did.

Obama had a freeze on this sale of weapons, and Trumps admin greenlit resuming the sales.

The point is, if Trump is interested in stopping nation building and eliminating Isis, he would change the policy of selling weapons or arming the people that arm and support Isis.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join