It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dance is an expression of love

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So i got of the phone with someone who said;" Dance is an expression of love " Problem i have is i believe the movie lalalalala land, influenced the judgement of the character stating the words, i could be wrong however.. Bad boy, good boy dance moves..

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I consider headbanging the only legitimate form of dancing and i'm still single-and for good reason.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My dancing seems to attract the wrong sorts. I prefer to sit at the bar. That's been my formulae to love. Sitting at the bar while the rest of the world pretends to be John Travolta and a "... fancy a drink, luv"?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Dance ....got to love it

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Thank you!

hmm.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can't dance...at least that is what everyone tells me when I try to

I think it can be an expression of love. Definitely some connection made when you are dancing with someone. For me that connection is my feet accidentally stepping on my partners toes..
edit on 13-3-2017 by blend57 because: there is always an edit : (

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Dance 'can' be an expression of love, but it can also be carried out for fitness, artistic expression, ritual such as war dances, or simply because the dancer is having a massive serotonin release in their veins on a weekend club night.

The person who told you dance 'is' an expression of love just oversimplified with a generalisation as people often do.
edit on 13.3.2017 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I like to dance.

It's like standing still, only faster.

hahahaa *open mouth laughter*

oO

edit on 13-3-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I dont know.. we went to Jamaica on vacation and I didnt see much love on the dancefloor. Saw some simulated sex though.. well, a LOT of simulated sex. Acrobatic simulated sex. Simulated sex with injuries. Im not posting it on here.. look up on youtube jamaican club sexy dance or dagger dance.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Perhaps in most cases. But, when I dance, people generally call an ambulance for the "special guy that's having a seizure "...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

RABBITHOLE!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Apologies but I don't understand your single word reply.
Perhaps you might wish to type a few more explanatory words?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
Perhaps in most cases. But, when I dance, people generally call an ambulance for the "special guy that's having a seizure "...

Ahhh you went to the same school of dance my husband did. He graduated top of his class.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I jumped in the rabbithole of "or simply because the dancer is having a massive serotonin release in their veins on a weekend club night." I found a discrepancy, that was inconclusive;" The paper didnt know if it was the music or dancing, that increased the serotonin levels.

Another paper showed that dance "may" boost the serotonin levels, but it needs to be a training session,

This will release serotonin

This wont

edit on 2017313 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I graduated on top of my class too!

By graduated on top I mean I landed on top of them after knocking all of them down with my uncoordinated flailing.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Ah got ya

My point stands though, no 'love' involved, especially when the serotonin release is influenced by ingested chemicals.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This is the correct formula

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

edit on 13-3-2017 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

serotonin has very little impact on "love" but its the music not the dance..

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Well without serotonin and dopamine, the love emotion would be little more than a thought.
And no, it's not just the music or the dance.
You can dance without music and achieve the same chemical releases same as exercise.
You can also introduce chemicals into the human body which does the same and creates interest in dancing to any repetitive beat.
Neither of those are 'love' based.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join