It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Anne Coulter be on Bush Admin payroll?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
With the recent report of another columnist being paid to promote Bush administration initiatives. I began to wonder, what are the chances Anne Coulter could be another right wing propaganda loud mouth paid to put a pretty face on an ugly GOP agenda? Like the previous three columnists, could Anne Coulter be on the White House payroll? Is she another attempt by the Bush administration to manipulate the media and our society with lies?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't see how. Does she even have a column anymore? Her self promotion website doesn't count. I followed her firings from her last couple gigs (The Nation, USA Today) until she dropped off radar as nothing more than a recurring joke on FNC and ATS threads.

No. I think the purchased (not so) "free" press tend to be less high profile, more palatable people one might actually mistake for a real journalist if not careful.

Anne stumping for your candidate wouldn't be worth the box of Twinkies and breath mint it would cost to hire her.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If she is, it would only be because they offered to pay her to say what she believes.

Seriously, thinking people CAN feel differently than you. These assumptions that if someone disagrees with the left's agenda, they must be getting paid off is both extremely ignorant and extremely arrogant.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
If she is, it would only be because they offered to pay her to say what she believes.

Seriously, thinking people CAN feel differently than you. These assumptions that if someone disagrees with the left's agenda, they must be getting paid off is both extremely ignorant and extremely arrogant.

It's not arrogant, nor ignorant to debate the possibility that there are more conservative pundits on the payroll. That's just being logical and following the preset pattern.

Personally, I don't think she is, because if it ever got out, it would tear down the Bush government. I mean, if it actually came out that this administration were paying money for lip service from a woman who advocates nuclear holocaust, the ardent support of Joe McCarthy, the massacre and or conversaion of millions from Islam to Christianity, and nothing short of the stripping of liberals' civil rights.

Bush would be done.

It would confirm the world's and America's greatest fears. All of those terrible things that people say...would be actually be true.

That being said, the things stated above are not the work of a thinking person. They're not the work of rational mind. They're the reactionary internal dialog of a crazy person with severe psychological problems. A troubled, paranoid, recovering alcoholic without a functioning coping mechanism that allows to her to get rid of her anger in a healthy way.

Franlky, she just makes me curious about her childhood. I'm utterly, utterly convinced that Ann Coulter's hate for all things liberal, and her attempts to unmask their secret Un-American activity, the dark, awful things they do behind closed doors, is actually her own fear of being people discovering her OWN secret sins. People might see who SHE really is inside and what's she's really done in her past. Probably no worse than what you might find in any suburb, in any town, in any state in America.

But, not in her mind. In her mind, she herself is bad.

She's a polemicist, because I personally think she wants to be hated. I think she has so much self loathing, that she throws herself out there with the most grandiose statements to be punished. I love how casually everyone forgets that Ann was fired by MSNBC in 1997 for saying to a Vietnam Veterans Group, on air no less, "No wonder you guys lost".

Ann Coulter is an angry person. She lives in world of sadness and hopelessness. Believe me, there is a psychological treatise that could be written about her.

P.S. Also, while I'm sure you support ALL freedom of speech from the ENTIRE fourht estate, even those wacky liberals who don't support YOUR agenda, I don't want any pundit to act as a PAID voice box for any government agency.

new topics

top topics

join