It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is doing what Obama didn’t do: reach out and listen

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Last week — are you sitting down? — Trump canceled a couple of media availabilities. He turned down ESPN’s invitation to provide his own NCAA tournament brackets, a free PR ride on basketball fever annually seized by President Barack Obama.

Read more here: www.mcclatchydc.com...=cpy

Trump has been meeting all along with congressional leaders. Now, he’s had, of all people, Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina over for lunch. Then, Mr. and Mrs. Marco Rubio and Mr. and Mrs. Ted Cruz came for separate social dinners. Social is what Washington calls meal-time lobbying, and what no one expected last year during the primary campaign when Trump mocked those men.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
Is Trump growing into this presidency? From this opinion piece I have gained some new info about how Trump is doing business behind the senses. one thing is Trump's planned speaking tour about repeal and replace the the ACA mess. Remember Obama had a speaking tour where he lied about saving $$$ and keeping your dr. We will see what happens.

Pass, this is what Trump is saying about ESPN's NCAA basketball fever. I thought it odd that Obama would get involved with this, seemed below the presidency to me, but I may be a stick in the mud when it comes to this.

Last week — are you sitting down? — Trump canceled a couple of media availabilities. He turned down ESPN’s invitation to provide his own NCAA tournament brackets, a free PR ride on basketball fever annually seized by President Barack Obama.

Read more here: www.mcclatchydc.com...=cpy

Trump has been meeting with congressional leaders all along, kind of haven't heard this from the media. Meeting with the Rubios for dinner, having key committee members to the WH for drinks and Bowling (Trump doesn't drink).

Trump has been meeting all along with congressional leaders. Now, he’s had, of all people, Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina over for lunch. Then, Mr. and Mrs. Marco Rubio and Mr. and Mrs. Ted Cruz came for separate social dinners. Social is what Washington calls meal-time lobbying, and what no one expected last year during the primary campaign when Trump mocked those men.

The other evening the Trump White House had key committee members in for drinks and social bowling. The president will be working that Oval Office phone to Capitol Hill, as he has to many foreign leaders since Jan. 20.

Trump still prefers the personal touch, just as he did when he built his real estate "empire". After sessions Trump invites attendees to the Oval Office for what was once a rare coveted photo with the sitting pres. This is supposed to increase support and mute disagreements also spreads positive word of mouth about the pres and his plans. This time spent with the lawmakers is almost like a long term investment.

Trump prefers that personal touch, as he did in his real-estate dealing days, the opposite of aloof. Both he and Mike Pence are holding a series of “listening sessions” with leaders from education, small business, big business, community banks and so forth.

Somehow, recent encouraging economic news and the administration’s legislative agenda always come up, starting with Obamacare’s repeal and replacement, then tax reform. And most sessions end with POTUS inviting attendees into the Oval Office for a once-rare, much-coveted photo in that fabled place.
Such focused attention by a president tends to increase support and mute disagreement, while fueling positive word of mouth about him and his plans, almost like an investment in a long-term real estate deal.

Trump will hit the road to for some repeal the ACA (Obama care) rallies. This will attract national news media and give valuable news coverage, Smart. Hopefully Trump's tour will be better than Obama's, that is when Obama promised all the BS about keeping Dr.s and saving $$. Lies, all of them.

In coming days, Trump will venture out into the country for what might be called Obamacare repeal rallies. As a new president’s early trips, these will attract national news media and the much more valuable local media coverage. Don’t be surprised if some local TV anchors get “exclusive” interviews with the commander-in-chief.
You may recall Obama held scores of town-halls to gin up support for his namesake health legislation. That’s when he made those infamous promises about keeping your doctor, insurance and lowering premiums.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well, isn't that special? Today tRUMP will need to give his PROOF over the wire tapping. So I do not think he will be doing much listening. He better be explaining WTH he was thinking. Today is the day, I hope the tRUMP supporters finally realize the man is insane!!!! Once there is no proof provided, what are you going to say??? You can't just let something like that slide under the carpet!!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
He does seem to be meeting with enemies and friends alike.
Whether it will do any good is another question.

I am also not sure speaking with politicians is particularly something that will unify the country. Politicians do not care about people.

I think he should spend more time doing press conferences and speeches, or find a way for his weekly address to be extended and reach more people.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I find it awfully strange that as soon as Trump made those tweets... all the Russian rhetoric was put on pause and the pro-Obama camp went dark. The silence was deafening.

edit on 13-3-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I will ask you the same question if evidence is provided.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I can't imagine Trump speaking with out some evidence.

If he was shooting his mouth off I would be surprised.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I find it awfully strange that as soon as Trump made those tweets... all the Russian rhetoric was put on pause and the pro-Obama camp went dark. The silence was deafening.

Which tweet are you talking about? You really have to link it because he has posted a lot of crap on twitter.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

There is a war going on behind the scenes. The old guard is dying a slow and well fought death. The internet is what has pulled the corner of the carpet up, and Trump is starting to rip at the seams.

It is going to be a brutal fight, these string pullers behind the scenes assume this power and privilege is a birth right.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I can't imagine Trump speaking with out some evidence.

If he was shooting his mouth off I would be surprised.

WHAT?! He has done it for over a year now. He doesnt fact check anything.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I will say it again, he has some evidence or he would not have tipped his hand.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Pyle

I will say it again, he has some evidence or he would not have tipped his hand.

Blind faith in a politician/government used to be considered embracing ignorance on this site why has that changed?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Not blind, we will let this roll out and find out what he "meant" by tapping wires.

Patience.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Well, isn't that special? Today tRUMP will need to give his PROOF over the wire tapping. So I do not think he will be doing much listening. He better be explaining WTH he was thinking. Today is the day, I hope the tRUMP supporters finally realize the man is insane!!!! Once there is no proof provided, what are you going to say??? You can't just let something like that slide under the carpet!!!!!

Why is today the day?
The only evidence of insanity I have seen is from the Leftists.

I see why today is supposed to be the day...lol
Maybe Trump will just plead the 5th like all of Hillary's cronies did before Congress lol

edit on 13-3-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Admit it, no matter what he says you'll go along with it just like with people making the excuse that his blatant lies were said to "trick" the media.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

He turned down every opportunity where someone could have asked him about his wild wire tapping claims you mean.
He hasn't been seen in public where he could be questioned since he made that tweet.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I have friends in politics. I promise you they are not in it for glory. They care.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Because he's inviting an even deeper investigation. That's a good thing.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Why?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Well he'd better put up or shut up.
The congress wants answers.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

We always have to decipher what he meant from what he says.
Why can't he just speak so we can take what he says at face value?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join