It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Just Occurred to me (not sure if this is a "Wow" or a "Duh" moment)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I agree with most of what you're saying in the OP. The amount of largely baseless rhetoric and vitriol that has been brought to bear against our new president is remarkable, to say the least. Rarely any substance to it either. I mean, some of the things people are saying about him may have some basis in fact, but no one who says all these hateful things about Trump is willing to back it up with facts.

You'd think that if they felt that strongly about it, they'd do some research to back up their point of view, and share said research on this fabulous discussion forum that we have here. That is not how it's played out so far though. It's just this whole 'he's a racist rapist sexist bad hair egomaniac' kind of thing. It's interesting to watch, in a macabre sort of way. It tends to go that way in the real world too, in my experience. I did some activism during the election cycle (Libertarian), so I got the chance to talk politics at length with a lot of people in my region. It was much the same there.

I wrote this thread asking the question whether Trump is the real deal or not.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Most of the responses I've gotten so far are typical in that they are purely emotional. Interestingly though, this has held true for those who support him as well. Little factual info has been presented as to why I should think he's the real deal, either.

As to the whole folks behind the curtain thing, I'm still on the fence myself. I have seen a lot of promising activity from the new administration which might lead one to believe that we have the real deal in office, that he's not just another crony who's going to sell our country a little farther down the river. That he's different, and may actually be doing the right things. I can't help but suspect that this is an elaborate ruse though, and that we're being played by the media too. I mean we're really only talking about a dozen or so editors at the top of the pyramid as far as the major media corporations go. They decide what gets published or not. The intelligence community? Lies are their major stock in trade, so I have a hard time accepting any appearances of theirs at face value as well.

If we drink the orange kool-aid, we may wake up with a really bad hangover a few months from now. On the other hand, if he is the real deal and we don't support him, that move does not lead us to a happy ending either. We all knew Hillary was a globalist, I thought with Trump maybe there's a chance that he's not. I am hopeful, but still undecided as of yet.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

He uses social media because it's a one way communique.
He talks people listen. He doesn't have to answer questions or back up what he says with evidence.
It the perfect foil for the liar in chief.

I love that he uses social media. No other POTUS in history has tried to communicate with the American people like he does.

How could telling us whats up from his own mouth not be good?

Because many of the more obsessive followers will take it all as fact. Like the baseless wiretap claims.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join