It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Just Occurred to me (not sure if this is a "Wow" or a "Duh" moment)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
most of the time i'm a cynic...

but with the present Zeitgeist.... I see the glass as half-full, so tally me as a 'wow' guy

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Uh, if you don't know those things about tRUMP, it is because you do not want to. It is all out there for your viewing pleasure. Most of which is tRUMP speaking himself. His Twitter account reads like a teenager. All you have to do is look!!! Nope, you wont do it because for what ever reason, you supporters see him as doing no wrong, not now, and not ever.

Constantly posting the president's name in the way the way you do made me think you were a teenager, and a petulant one at that. It is not making you look as clever as you seem to think it does, but it does make you seem very childish.

edit on 13-3-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's hard to imagine how you'd see him being attacked while you're taking your own swings constantly. It doesn't matter to you how flooded with pure BS the coverage is because you don't like Trump.

So, if Fox News didn't give Obama credit for jobs and stock market performance, that somehow changes reality? You either believe it has an impact or you don't. Why would it be a tit-for-tat?

Oh, that's right because... go team.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

We don't have to listen to any freaking news report, just read his TWITTER ACCOUNT....His Twitter rampages at 3am are utter paranoia!!! So No it does not just come from the news. Again, today he actually is being held accountable to provide PROOF to his latest of MANY TWITTER RAMPAGES....Nobody but tRUMP caused those....you cant point your finger at the media for what he does on Twitter on the weekends at 3am, time after time. The man is up tweeting about TV ratings, SNL, and now OBAMA....

Nice to see what keeps your president up all night, he is not worried about our country, just twitter.

edit on 13-3-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If you ever wonder where the "swamp" is, just remember that Clinton got over 90% of the vote in DC.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Example...take this comment you made:

Yet he tweets and attacks SNL and Arnold Schwarzenegger, claims about the attendance at his inauguration, now claiming Obama wire tapped Trump towers without supplying any evidence to the fact.

This bothers you. Evidently, it bothers you immensely. You, like many others, don't understand that Donald Trump is not Barack Obama. He is not a puppet like George Bush. He is not a smooth politician like Bill Clinton.

He is his own man. He does things his way. He won the presidency his way. He is going forward his way. He is not establishment and people that ARE establishment, or people that are comfortable with establishment ways, get perturbed and agitated with his style. Get over it!

He tweets. I read his tweets everyday, both @realDonaldTrump and @POTUS. The @POTUS are professional, presidential, and informational, and they are directed at The American People.

The @realDonald Trump is usually no more than two or three per day. They don't rant and rave like the media portrays them. They inform and expose and tend to be more personal. He is sharing with us, the people. If he says to "pray for Arnold Schwarzenegger" because his ratings are tanking.....that's just him. And guess what? He was right. Arnie is out.

The media's reporting on the attendance at the inauguration was a sore spot for DT. I don't blame him. The media started out his first day lying. It was a sign of things to come. The lying main stream media exposed its tactics the first day out. DT told us all about it. It wasn't JUST about the numbers...it was about the tactics of the lying media. And guess what? He was right.

He tweeted that Obama wire tapped Trump Tower? And guess what? He was right. You will see.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Uh, if you don't know those things about tRUMP, it is because you do not want to. It is all out there for your viewing pleasure. Most of which is tRUMP speaking himself. His Twitter account reads like a teenager. All you have to do is look!!! Nope, you wont do it because for what ever reason, you supporters see him as doing no wrong, not now, and not then.

Translation - I am a hypocrite with no proof of my claims.

I'm not a Trump supporter by the way, I'm British.

Question, why would you not hold yourself to the same standards? I mean, if he's such a cad, what does that make you?

Most of your allegations are your opinion, but claiming someone is a rapist requires some proof, would you not agree?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thats exactly why I voted for Trump.. to burn it down. Its also why I participate in no real way in the love Trump or hate Trump threads and few real life discussions concerning him. There are a lot like me.. the burn it down folks. Trump is incredibly useful and besides all of the yay or nay concering him.. he is doing exactly what I wanted when I voted for him. Now we have a CHANCE for a real revitalization with future presidencies and candidates. Our governmental corruption might be tolerable and wonderful to some, the establishment left and right I see on here.. but its NOT tasty for a patriot. The left and right love the wizard.. even when he ( SHE and all of them) is exposed. My kind wants to drag him out from behind his curtain, beat the crap out of him, take him outside, throw him down the steps and say " fools.. here is your wizard and who you have pledged your life to"... and restore the republic with or without the blessing or cooperation of the useful idiots. In case youre a moron.. the wizard stands for the establishment left and right. Our termless overseers. Our corrupt leaders.

After all we have shown you now.. and more to come.. you STILL listen to the "news", your party leaders, and think this is a sports game where you root for YOUR side. hating and harming your fellow countrymen. You stand there with your mouth open waiting to be fed. This is life or death for our country and way of life. You are either fodder or a real American. I see a hell of a lot of fodder. WILLFULLY ignorant because it its popular to side with one or the other side they are offered. I see many victories for the "bad guys" and the biggest one is the dumbing down of America.

Worship your golden calf..erm.. golden elephant or donkey.. and see what happens to you and yours. I can tell you the story will end the same way.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Look, I hate tRUMP, because he does not stand for the America I do. I also hate the fact that he is a liar, tRUMP U, Rape, Womanizer, racist, pervert (talks about dating his daughter, eww..) He is mentally unstable....This latest Twitter Rampage against Obama, should at least make any sane person question this man. He has until the end of today, to give his "proof" I bet he will say something like "I can not reveal my sources, I have to protect them", or heck maybe he wont say anything, it really does not matter. You can not seriously support a man who would make such claims with NOTHING to back it up. You cant just let it go. That is HUGEE!!!!!! If you have respect for him after he provides no proof, you may need to take a look at yourself.

You are very uninformed.....Or, let me put it another way. You are misinformed. You don't have more than a one-layer ability to "see" below the surface.

He did not go on a Twitter "rampage". Do you know what a 'rampage' is? All President Trump did was give us, The American People, the information. The evidence will come out in time and in accordance with the rule of law.

You may think his claims are baseless, but they weren't. Donald Trump has the evidence...I can "guarantee" it.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Trump's a spoiled, self-absorbed easily distracted man-child who's way too preoccupied with petty irrelevant squabbles and his own public image.

Still, compared to the alternatives last November, the best choice available.

IMO.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Trump's a spoiled, self-absorbed easily distracted man-child who's way too preoccupied with petty irrelevant squabbles and his own public image.

Still, compared to the alternatives last November, the best choice available.

IMO.

Your closing sentence perfectly explains what swung it for a great deal of the electorate.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

This bothers you. Evidently, it bothers you immensely.

You better believe it does! This guy sits in the highest office and controls the most powerful military in the world, yet he's thin skinned and acts like an immature child. Don't excuse his comments for not being a political insider! Any other political outsider would have the intelligence to control their mouth and act in a professional and mature manner. Leaders of this turbulent world need to be thick skinned and not shoot from the hip every time someone offends you! Let's keep in mind, this is the same guy that declared he loves war! (Yes, and there's a video clip of him saying exactly that, so don't twist his words). He's blatantly trying to circumvent our democracy by avoiding any kind of checks and balances on his decision making. That isn't how our democracy is set up to work!

Our government isn't set-up like a business and doesn't run like a dictatorship. He may have been able to fire people in his business that didn't agree with him, but again government is a whole different ball of wax. It's great that Trump can reign in overspending, but on the flip side, he's taking from programs that benefit the environment and it's citizens and investing it into a war machine that is already spending trillions of taxpayers dollars!

He ran on helping the little guy, but he's stacked his administration with billionaires. Really, you honestly think anyone who sits on billions of dollars can relate to you or I? How can you give this guy any kind of credibility when he's been caught in so many lies??? Sure many politicians lie, but this guy is so blatant it's disgusting and it really puts into question if this guy is mentally stable to be president. If you want to claim this guy is not a government insider, maybe he should act like it and stop lying like many of our politicians!

He tweeted that Obama wire tapped Trump Tower? And guess what? He was right. You will see.

And if there's no evidence to the fact, are you still going to find excuses to defend him???

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It certainly has taken people out of their comfort zones. No matter how loudly people rail against the "elite" they have a certain comfort knowing the same people are consistently in charge. Rome liked it when the emperor was in residence. Plus Trump is disliked by the elite themselves. After all he's the newest of 'new money.' He actually earned it himself, and in the peculiar ways of inherited wealth, that makes him an interloper into their club. The elite consider themselves much more sophisticated and cosmopolitan than Trump who, after all, is "in trade," that derisive term applied by the aristocratic British against people who dared to poke into their lofty realm. Plus Trump is brash and has insulted the status quo. He actually believes he can change things for the better.

Now add in the bureaucracy. It was once the case that people in Civil Service positions did not expect a great salary. The trade-off was that they would get a really good pension at the end of it all. in exchange for a lower middle class life they had security. People in business made a lot more money, but the incurred a lot more risk. That was the trade-off. But somewhere along the line some people decided that if government were to get good people, government had to be competitive. And being competitive meant paying descent salaries to government workers. Plus all the benefits they had grown to love, all the holidays, all the perks. Today even a Wage Grade supervisor makes over $100K and a GS in the top ranges makes what most would call an astronomical salary. Couple this with the virtual impossibility of "termination for cause" and you have an elite class of employee, the government worker, who not only gets all the benefits, but now makes more than the rest of America. Trump has threatened them, too. And know that the are very worried because their cushy positions are threatened.

So we have the Old Money elite against Trump. We have the Washington Establishment against Trump, we have the insufferable Left against Trump, and we have the intelligentsia against Trump, another group of elitists that believe their PhDs make them better and more knowledgeable than everyone else. Ironically the unions are taking a second look and some of them have said, hey, you know what? Trump's not so bad after all. e can work with him. After all, Trump says "America First" and is pushing for more living-wage jobs as he seeks to bolster manufacturing.

An interesting mix, to be sure.

edit on 3/13/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Being in opposition because you disagree with Trump isn't necessarily fear.

I think that is wishful thinking on the part of his supporters.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
It's interesting how radically different perspectives can view and process the same input.

I haven't really seen anyone attacking the President, because thus far, he and his Administration have made plenty of bone-headed mistakes on their own ... all the media has to do is report what's happening.

Even Fox News (the actual news side, not the infotainment side) can't properly spin the side-show the first 50 Days have been.

It's fascinating as well to see Trump get credit for better job numbers and a rising stock market, because when his predecessor was in office and got high numbers in those areas ... some were slavering to point out the false statistics and "well, you know, you can't give anybody credit for the stock market."

No, there's no monolithic occulted group out there opposing Trump. A lot of Americans don't like him and didn't vote for him. He's pursued an extremist agenda rather than a moderate one putting the lie to his claim that he wants to be the President of ALL Americans, etc. etc.

Trump has earned what he gets.

This is one of those things that just makes me smile. Obama was president for 8 years. For 8 of those 8 years, the economy has struggled. All economic indicators were relatively stagnant. And when his term was over and we got Trump, regardless of how many stupid things he says, the economy has picked up, the economic indicators are pointing upwards, The unemployment numbers claim to be going down. Now I agree that Trump hasn't had time to enact all the policy needed to make all these things happen, but the driving force behind all the forward momentum is due to a change, a new president and a new direction. So to try to credit Obama is weak at best. If Obama was the cause, it would have been better in the 8 years he was president, it wasn't.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Always great to read your threads and posts Flyingclaydisk!

A couple of thoughts on your observations:

- "the seemingly unending teeth gnashing and hand wringing in the media over the Trump presidency here in the US" is no different here in Europe, at least not in Belgium (the heart of Europe, home of Nato and EU headquarters). Every major newspaper serves a daily dose of Trump bashing, like clockwork. The source is almost always either Reuters, AP, CNN, The New York Times or The Washington Post. There is almost zero investigative reporting from our own journalists anymore concerning the US. The news is just taken over from your sources and swallowed hook, line, and sinker. It is obvious to me that the unending daily repetition of Trump bashing is purely meant to brainwash the public (and our own politicians!), and it's working like a charm, but only to the brain-dead part of the population (There is, also here, a growing silent group, maybe even a silent majority). As far as international news is concerned, there is no longer any difference between the US and Europe. It is al just The West now. That is very telling as to how insanely concentrated the source of the propaganda is!

- I'm sure that the establishment was completely caught by surprise by Trump's victory in november, mainly due to their arrogant delusions of omnipotence and their utter disregard for what the people really feel, and you've taken the words out of my own mouth. I absolutely agree with what you write: "They are not gods" and we the people certainly still have the power in numbers. Trump's victory brutally reminded them of that. Many mistakes were made by them that could have easily been avoided had they not been so arrogant in their delusions. It is obvious that they have lost all composure and didn't really have a plan B. I am reminded of the fall of Rome, which was caused by similar mistakes, and I am sure that this history is repeating itself now.

The chickens truly have come home to roost! The establishment in the West is becoming irrelevant. They f*cked up big-time. I have witnessed the same process in others in my personal life, and it's really quite a pathetic thing to watch.

soulwaxer

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

He uses social media because it's a one way communique.
He talks people listen. He doesn't have to answer questions or back up what he says with evidence.
It the perfect foil for the liar in chief.

The majority of the people use social media! It is the logical and intelligent thing to do if he wants to reach the people, unfiltered. Are you triggered by the fact that he is intelligent?

soulwaxer

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Very true..I think though being a narcissistic megalomaniac Trump supplies the ammunition 90% of the time, the more he shuts up and stays away from twitville the smoother things will go for him..regardless of his policies.

Also at the end of the day, 2 very flawed candidates were presented so natural for a good portion of people to question what is being done.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
While some of the responders here are completely blinded by their political zeal and hatred for Trump in their responses, I guess it will come as a surprise my OP isn't really about Trump. Quite the contrary in fact, it is about the Niagra Falls of venom coming out of the woodwork from all the "rats" (the establishment elite) shrieking and panicking as they are forced to abandon their ships of gold.

However, thank you for confirming something I failed to point out initially; some here would eagerly walk away from their own house aflame just for the chance to throw a dagger in Trump's direction. Home be damned. Such is their blinded zeal.

edit on 3/13/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Don't know about anyone else but I don't care one way or the other about Trump.

Where you see venom against Trump I see as people who disagree with his positions on some things.

Describing what you see as shrieking and panicking is your own doing.

I do believe lesmisanthrope called it the "tyranny of the listener".
edit on 13-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join