It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Just Occurred to me (not sure if this is a "Wow" or a "Duh" moment)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I was just sitting here reading the morning news (on a myriad of sources) and I was contemplating the seemingly unending teeth gnashing and hand wringing in the media over the Trump presidency here in the US. It's not just a left or right thing, but coming from seemingly all directions (well, almost all). Then I started to think maybe it's not really coming from 'all' directions at all, but rather one direction more so than any other.

The never ending rhetoric and vitriol isn't about any real tangible things, more just about anything people can dig up to slam Trump with...absolutely any cotton pickin' thing. There's no huge conspiracy out there, at least not concerning Trump anyway, despite how many would just LOVE to have this be the case. The economy, the stock market, and business in general are all on upswings, significant upswings, yet people just HATE Trump...why?

Is it because the elite "establishment" façade is being torn away? Is it because the status quo of the Beltway Bandits is now being exposed? I believe this is exactly what it is. The fraud, the smoke and mirrors, and the illusions are being systematically exposed for just exactly what they are...one great big fraud on the American people. The paralysis of government bureaucracy is being exposed for the laziness, greed and quid-pro-quo politics it is and it's having the curtain torn away, and those behind the curtain aren't liking it, not one bit!

When I was a kid there used to be a saying..."He who smelt it...dealt it". Maybe this age old saying was far more profound than I ever knew. Afterall, inside the Beltway surrounding DC really is a "stinky" and filthy place, full of corruption, decay, favoritism, greed, entitlement and power (without justification).

Those men/women behind the proverbial 'curtain' are being exposed for who they really are. The ones who have been pulling the ropes and pushing the buttons, belching fire, smoke, thunder and lightning, are being exposed to the light of day. They deserve no obedience as they serve no one but themselves. They demand blind obedience with their displays of omnipotence, but they are not omnipotent. On the contrary, they are mere mortals just like you and I, and we are people who DESERVE accountability...not fire, smoke and BS. They were elected by US, and their kingdoms will crumble just the same. They are not gods, they never were. They're just beady eyed politicians who hide behind their manipulations for the sake of their own personal gain.

Perhaps the chickens really have come home to roost, and the all the vitriol is from those running for cover under the light of day.

That is all.

edit on 3/13/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Its the bystander effect, in a way.
Many people here are against trump, and not really sure why. Many people here think he is the greatest thing since slice bread, but dont know a single policy of trump.
Just like those mentalists go protest against trump and have no clue what exactly they are protesting.

Similar things happen in the media. Pro trump sites, dont even know a thing about his foreign policies , and some are now catching up to the health care bill as not what they thought it would be, but a month ago, they would blindly vote in favor of it.

And sites against trump, still cant seem to provide any proof of ties to 'russia'.

You may be right in saying that there may be another single catalyst for all this nonsense, and what or whomever it is, is keeping us all busy.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You're right lies and bragging and exaggeration are intangible things.
But they are still issues with Mr trump.
edit on 3132017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
from what i'm seeing (and keep in mind i'm not living in america) the thing with trump is that, for better or worse, he broke the paradigm. He's the first person in a pretty long time that isn't part of the political ecosystem, he doesn't go on talk shows saying obvious and crowd pleasing things just for appeal, he uses social media to defend himself or his side of the story, in short, the plays dirty just like everyone else, the platitudes stripped away.
if you like that or not i guess strongly depends on your political leaning.
i'm not a fan to be honest, i was betting on sanders when that was still an option, but i won't lie, it's captivating to see this person drop almost our of nowhere and BSOD everyone around him.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

i was in home depot yesterday and saw a couple admiring a barbecue, vertical, 3.5 feet, door in front. out of nowhere, i wanted to say , about right size for hillary's bunch to barbecue a baby, dont you think... but it passed.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's interesting how radically different perspectives can view and process the same input.

I haven't really seen anyone attacking the President, because thus far, he and his Administration have made plenty of bone-headed mistakes on their own ... all the media has to do is report what's happening.

Even Fox News (the actual news side, not the infotainment side) can't properly spin the side-show the first 50 Days have been.

It's fascinating as well to see Trump get credit for better job numbers and a rising stock market, because when his predecessor was in office and got high numbers in those areas ... some were slavering to point out the false statistics and "well, you know, you can't give anybody credit for the stock market."

No, there's no monolithic occulted group out there opposing Trump. A lot of Americans don't like him and didn't vote for him. He's pursued an extremist agenda rather than a moderate one putting the lie to his claim that he wants to be the President of ALL Americans, etc. etc.

Trump has earned what he gets.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

He uses social media because it's a one way communique.
He talks people listen. He doesn't have to answer questions or back up what he says with evidence.
It the perfect foil for the liar in chief.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Its because the media are owned and they know how to influence people
Throw down your guns, they have already won, it's to late
Nothing left but blood
You could,write a million pieces like this,,get everyone to read it and then tomorrow, they will accept the media lie, forget the truth.
Game over

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

He uses social media because it's a one way communique.
He talks people listen. He doesn't have to answer questions or back up what he says with evidence.
It the perfect foil for the liar in chief.

I love that he uses social media. No other POTUS in history has tried to communicate with the American people like he does.

How could telling us whats up from his own mouth not be good?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Yep ...The potential fall out especially by the ones behind the Vault doors that are wide open is something scary to contemplate .This goes from the small grass roots level to above the UN ...Babylon has fallen has fallen is screaming in the back of my mind.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's all about intent.

Yes, Trump has said some stupid things, but the argument of "well the media couldn't report it if he didn't say it" is so naive and misses the point entirely.

Did Obama say stupid stuff??
Did Bush???? (most definitely)
Did Clinton do stupid stuff??

They all did, but they didn't receive the same lack of respect from the media. Their errors were downplayed and the good things that were said highlighted. This is the kind of respect that you would expect the media to give the President of their own country.

This isn't to say that the media should hide all of the stupid stuff Trump says, but surely you can see there is a concerted effort to ignore any good he has done or said and highlight ALL of the bad stuff and highlight it with a gusto I don't think I have ever seen before!

I have honestly never in my life seen such a grandiose smear campaign, it is truly shocking that the US would cannibalise itself in this way.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
As an example, I have seen many of his speeches that offered plenty of excellent clips. In fact you could cut many of them in such a way that would make him sound very centre, very sensible and very likeable.

You have to ask yourself why the media is taking clips out of context to make them sound worse than they are, whilst ALSO ignoring the many good parts of a speech.

No, this isn't just Trump being an idiot. There is a concerted effort to destroy him.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Look, I hate tRUMP, because he does not stand for the America I do. I also hate the fact that he is a liar, tRUMP U, Rape, Womanizer, racist, pervert (talks about dating his daughter, eww..) He is mentally unstable....This latest Twitter Rampage against Obama, should at least make any sane person question this man. He has until the end of today, to give his "proof" I bet he will say something like "I can not reveal my sources, I have to protect them", or heck maybe he wont say anything, it really does not matter. You can not seriously support a man who would make such claims with NOTHING to back it up. You cant just let it go. That is HUGEE!!!!!! If you have respect for him after he provides no proof, you may need to take a look at yourself.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No, he uses Twitter because he understands what a powerful marketing tool it is.

He would not be the POTUS if it weren't for Twitter.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Most people are not that well-informed. They listen to their favorite news program and they hear the exaggerations regarding Trump, and they simply accept it without question.

I think you're right. The establishment politicians that have connections to the establishment media moguls are afraid their cushy little game they have set up over years will be exposed.

They continually make mountains out of molehills and call everything Trump says a "lie". They exaggerate and speculate and deal in hyperbole.

Plus....I think a lot of it is jealousy....real deep jealousy.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Blah blah blah rapist blah blah blah sexist blah blah blah racist etc etc. It makes me wonder if there is Trump "Hater" (notice how its ok to use that word when they do it) that has ever had a thought they could truly call their own.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Look, I hate tRUMP, because he does not stand for the America I do. I also hate the fact that he is a liar, tRUMP U, Rape, Womanizer, racist, pervert (talks about dating his daughter, eww..) He is mentally unstable....This latest Twitter Rampage against Obama, should at least make any sane person question this man. He has until the end of today, to give his "proof" I bet he will say something like "I can not reveal my sources, I have to protect them", or heck maybe he wont say anything, it really does not matter. You can not seriously support a man who would make such claims with NOTHING to back it up. You cant just let it go. That is HUGEE!!!!!! If you have respect for him after he provides no proof, you may need to take a look at yourself.

So, I'm sure you will be forthcoming with proof of whatever the hell "he is a liar, tRUMP U, Rape, Womanizer, racist, pervert" means, because you're not a hypocrite are you?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

i get your point, but the opposite is also true:
most people in america, and at least 98% of all ATS members know that the MSM will use use a number of tricks to tilt our perception of someone, from the wording of an article, to selecting specific clips...
In short it's become harder and harder to trust any news organization to be objective or to do their reporting with the pursuit of objectivity in mind.
So yes, by using social media nobody can directly confront him, but nobody can disport his words either.
again, if that's good or not, it depends on if you like him or not.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

more just about anything people can dig up to slam Trump with...absolutely any cotton pickin' thing.

What?? I think Trump is doing just fine digging up things on his own which is causing the media and representatives to slam him! He's president of the United States for Christ's sake! Yet he tweets and attacks SNL and Arnold Schwarzenegger, claims about the attendance at his inauguration, now claiming Obama wire tapped Trump towers without supplying any evidence to the fact. I don't care for John McCain, but I have to give him credit for him referencing Trump's accusation about Obama wire tapping Trump Towers, "Put up or Shut-up."

The never ending rhetoric and vitriol isn't about any real tangible things, more just about anything people can dig up to slam Trump with...absolutely any cotton pickin' thing.

It's pretty sad when his supporters have to constantly come to his defense, when it's the horse himself that is causing all of the attention. Trump is the one with the never-ending rhetoric. You have to be deaf and blind not to recognize the foolishness and ridiculousness of his comments and tweets!! His spokespeople can't even answer a straight question without trying to twist Trump's words or ignore the question altogether.

It's really sad that Trump supporters can't recognize Trumps immature rhetoric and constant empty accusations. It's one thing to agree on his stance on issues, it's another thing altogether to ignore what comes out of his mouth and what an idiot this guy is! You would think by now he would know what not to say or what not to tweet if he doesn't want the media or his fellow GOP reps to attack him. (But he must be a genius because he's a successful businessman and he's a billionaire! :lol

Lets be honest, if this guy was a liberal, you would be all over his @ss!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Uh, if you don't know those things about tRUMP, it is because you do not want to. It is all out there for your viewing pleasure. Most of which is tRUMP speaking himself. His Twitter account reads like a teenager. All you have to do is look!!! Nope, you wont do it because for what ever reason, you supporters see him as doing no wrong, not now, and not then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join