It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Good Sign For Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

The first thing we saw this morning on our way to the voting center was a convoy of the Iraqi army vehicles patrolling the street, the soldiers were cheering the people marching towards their voting centers then one of the soldiers chanted "vote for Allawi" less than a hundred meters, the convoy stopped and the captain in charge yelled at the soldier who did that and said:
"You're a member of the military institution and you have absolutely no right to support any political entity or interfere with the people's choice. This is Iraq's army, not Allawi's".

Source

Well, this would be allowed in America, but it's a good sign to see in Iraq. Were the military allowed to voice their opinion, I would worry people would be afraid to vote otherwise. Of course, the evil ones (terrorists) couldn't prevent them from voting...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Indeed that is a good sign that the commanding officer called out the soldier for his indescretion. Its a shame we arent as vigilant with activities outside our polling places here in america. I saw plenty of violations of those signs requiring all political endorsements to be xyz feet away from polling places.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
it's nice to hear good news about this! the media rarely shows anything good.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have a few links for good news in Iraq. The stuff the Bush haters wish wasn't happening (they'd rather see people suffer instead of Bush being right)

iraqthemodel.blogspot.com...

desert-smink.blogspot.com...

chrenkoff.blogspot.com...

I have more at home, I've just been reading blog after blog at home with my broken hand, but I have too much work to get done and had to come in today.

new topics

top topics

join