It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Gun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I just rewatched the Top Gun movie with Tom Cruise, an amazing fly above flickr. An interesting factoid is that Movie producer John Davis claimed that Top Gun was a recruiting video for the Navy, that people saw the movie and said, "Wow! I want to be a pilot." After the film's release, the US Navy stated that the number of young men who joined wanting to be Naval Aviators went up by 500 percent.

Not sure if it would work in this day and age

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

The opening sequence to Top Gun is one of the best in hollywood. That was the real deal , everything they showed after that was chopped up, disconnected footage used as a vehicle for ego driven acting....

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I grew up in SoCal in the eighties on the Venice beach canals before they were renovated.

Top gun was a great film. Good pace, good feel, fun. America baby, America.

edit on 12-3-2017 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Making my post great again

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Yes every time i watch this movie, i Imagine them actually flying a real 'jet'. Sorry i forget what these planes are called. The woman in this married her long time girlfriend. Great actor..
edit on 12-3-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2017 by Neith because: oops

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I loved it when it came out. But what I love more is the motorcycle in it. I just so happen to own a 1983 kawasaki gpz 750 turbo...
Twisting the throttle feels like a catapult take off in a jet!
Thanks for the reminder to get ass out in the shop and start cleaning her up for spring.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Ever ridden a Harley? Oh what a rush. I took a ride with one of hells angels on one when i was 17 and it was noisy, but very fast.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

Yes every time i watch this movie, i Imagine them actually flying a real 'jet'. Sorry i forget what these planes are called. The woman in this married her long time girlfriend. Great actor..

They are F-14 Tomcats. They have been replaced by F/A-18 Super Hornets which will eventually be replaced by the F-35 Lightning. Kelly McGinnis is the actress.
edit on 3/12/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The original 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' had a huge influence on my young developing mind.
You are welcome to our annual chili cook-off.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Ewww, you weirdos, will there be finger sucking?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I was about to leave a dumbass remark when I found this.

"Texas Chainsaw Massacre set turned into 'horror barbecue resort'
Brave fans are invited to spend the night at the renovated Last Chance gas station, the scene of the 1974 cult classic about a family of hungry cannibals"

TCM gas station turned into a real BBQ stand and motel

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
I loved it when it came out. But what I love more is the motorcycle in it. I just so happen to own a 1983 kawasaki gpz 750 turbo...

You do know the bike in the movie is a 1985 ZX900A2 aka 900 Ninja aka GPz900r? Internet Movie Cars Database

I just so happen to own one of those! Same color even so I loves me some Top Gun movie!

From the movie:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Ewww, you weirdos, will there be finger sucking?

There better be finger sucking and old man moaning.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Thank you! I knew her name but couldn't remember.

The name of the aircraft i did not know, wow they upgrade fast don't they?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
A footnote here is that Tom Cruise is shorter than i am. I'm only 5'4'' but him.. He's 4'10''.

They must have made him wear platforms because she's nearly 6 feet tall.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I've forever wondered what kind of meat they used for those famous cook outs, Thanks!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

lol!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Top Gun was one of those fun 80s movies with a predictable plot but great music. It is my understanding that pilots in the Navy have to have a minimum of a bachelor's degree. Maverick makes it look easy but the cost of a fighter jet is too much to let just any twerp fly them. How many guys went in the Navy, suckered by the movie and the recruiter, only to end up doing less glamorous jobs? LOL. At least they have tattoos to show for it.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Yes actually, it's parked between my 83 gpz and my 70 suzuki

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Good girl! I should have been more specific I guess, but, yes it is the 900 shown. Good on you for keeping it real. I do love my 750 though. She's been punched out to 834 cc , custom cams, emissions eliminated, bigger turbo, up sized fuel system, sprocket swapped.
Tons of fun. Pulls a 1/4 mile in 10.44 @141 on the stock skinny wheels.
Next is a wheel swap from a later ninja so I can drop the wheel height from 19 " front to a 17" and the rear 17" to a 15". Both with fatter rubber.
I'm sure you know the gpz is the precursor to the ninja. We don't see any 900's up here though. Deer country.
edit on 3122017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3122017 by Natas0114 because: Screwed up my qm numbers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join