It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Catfishes Beware.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Sorry, I'm talking my lingo here.
From my experience and positionality.
I'm sure it goes both ways though.
Everyone must be careful.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Not mentioning any names or who it was, or might have been.

Just saying everybody should be careful.

Nothing wrong with caution unless you have something to hide.

But if you do - don't think we can't see see right through you with lazer eyes.

Flippin' hilarious.

Try it with somebody else sweetie.

edit on 12-3-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Synchronicity man...

I was prowling around yesterday and saw an avatar of a member that almost made me choke-

I had to stop and show the wife. We both laughed, like yeah, sure, some chick that's absolutely smoking hot is so bored she found here way here.....

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Feel sorry for what's going to happen, because it seems they're in my country.

And they're watching this thread like a hawk.

Not good what's gonna happen to them.

Very clear.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Wouldn't it be nice if we could invent a financial "dirty bomb" card.

Give the info the scammer, sit back and wait for the fun to begin when they use it.......

edit on 3122017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Where was this warning before I got married? Biggest honeypot of them all is marriage.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Just wanted to say - a lot of people think I'm the nasty one?
I'm trying to protect you all!
Those people will clean you out to the last penny and leave you starving on the streets.

They have no scruples.
They are nasty, nasty people.

They feel nothing for you - absolutely zilch.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Lol! Thanks, I have a wicked cold right now and almost blew snot out of my nose.
Your absofu#kinglutely correct!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Trust me , I'm with you on this. Not to long ago, some asshat tried to get one of my kids to fill out applications for financial aid to a school that doesn't exist. The cute part was they wanted MY info. As a co-signer.
I would've killed that sob if I got ahold of them personally.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I got an email the other day in my spam box by a "hot chic" wanting to hook up.
I replied "sorry,I am too busy pretending to be a hot chic on the internet right now and am a little busy,take care."

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Just got a private message - oh no what have I done?

"I'm a senior citizen and what have you put on Chat?"

Whatever.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
"I love you ..."

If only that wasn't too good to be true.

But yeah, it's a powerful thing to say to somebody.

Most guys would give a lot for that.

ANYBODY, man or woman, who barely knows you and already is professing undying love is either extremely mentally ill or looking to hook a sucker. Most guys should give a lot for real love, which only comes after a sufficient time with the individual in person, and not online.

It's the biggest red flag there is. If they're using the "L" word way too soon, that's your cue that you're dealing with a problem child of monumental proportions, and it is the most common way men are suckered on the net today. Real love is rare, and it takes time to earn. Any other type is fake and manipulative.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've gotten Catfished....people have tried through my name here but it's not attached to much else. For those who don't know, I'm female. I have kept my General Tab E. Katt avatar for almost 6 years because I don't want to be bothered and I do not want expectations of "male vs. female" responses.

But anyway....I got suckered by one of those widowed soldier men who catfished me.....oh yeah, he was so in love with me....and he was really fine too....but I played along because he wrote love poetry and I have known enough men in the military to know they don't talk like that, so I was waiting for the eventual end to the game. He kept going on, and then one day said that he had been hacked while in Afghanistan and he'll get in trouble unless he fixes it, so if I could wire him $500 he could hire an IT expert to fix it and not lose his rank, the world would be safe. I laughed so hard I almost choked. THERE IT WAS. I told him that he was full of it, I wouldn't send him a penny, and he could piss off. He told me World War Three would start if I didn't send the money. I said I hoped he took the first bomb, right on his lying head. Then he asked if my daughters were available for him to friend.

Okay then. Both sexes are being set up and pestered, first with unrequested communications, then professions of love....then the demands for money. I only give money to family and dear friends. The internet is a minefield of freaks, liars, crooks, and some very good people, and the only way to know is to MEET THEM and know them for years.

PS....a lot of people on here who pose as women with sexy avatars, etc., ARE MEN.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The only expressions of love, or personal interest of any kind, I accept online - here or elsewhere - are platonic and/or humanistic. Brotherly/sisterly. And even then I'm cautious if someone is trying to garner personal information. This is one area where my social anxiety proves beneficial I guess lol.

The last thing I'm even thinking about looking for in life - let alone online - is a romantic relationship. But yes, everyone should always be mindful and cautious (especially those who have tendencies toward going this way.)

Peace.
edit on 3/12/2017 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Happens all the time! Just go to a website called 419eater.

It's hilarious! Crazy, but hilarious! Some of these guys are VERY creative!!

edit on 3/12/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

They got everybody's info. It's just a question of whether you're worth it for them.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Will check it out, thanks!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I got lifelock, I'm not really worried. Besides, I have a set of plastic for morons who want to play. If they are stupid enough to use it, it's on them.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

It's not just beautiful women trying to lure horny guys.

I got a PM from a person claiming to be a young transgender women in crisis, reaching out to me because of a post of theirs I answered. After a couple of back and forths, something seemed off, so I contacted a MOD. It turned out they had been trolling a number of other sympathetic members too. Member was quickly banned. But, they often come back with a new spiel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join