It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator McCain Falls for Absurd Russian Prankster Pretending to be Ukrainian Prime Minister

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I cannot believe McCain fell for this.
Why isn't the mainstream media reporting on this?
McCain is a traitor to his country, he needs to retire.

Talks sanctions and Russian hacking....

Promises to keep the Ukrainian PM informed....

Will advocate for maintaining sanctions and increasing sanctions on Russia....

Mentions an 'excellent' Washington Post article 'Rockets fall on Ukraine"....

If Trump relaxes the sanctions, Congress and the Senate will act legislatively to block the removal of the sanctions....

Mentions General Mattis is strongly in favor of sanctions....

www.zerohedge.com...

"We have pranked McCain, Lindsey Graham and the Republican Majority leader in Congress McConnell in the Congress Mitch McConnell on the issue of anti-Russian sanctions, however, we can not tell the details yet," Kuznetsov said

Can't wait till they release the details.

edit on 12-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

I think people are just staring trying to decide what to comment. But that's hilarious (but scary at the same time)
No word from mainstream yet.
edit on th2017000000Sundayth000000Sun, 12 Mar 2017 18:42:45 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 12 Mar 2017 18:42:45 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm having deja vu about this thread. Wasn't he caught out in a similar way fairly recently?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Republicans are idiots.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I'm having deja vu about this thread. Wasn't he caught out in a similar way fairly recently?

Zerohedge report is from Febuary 17th, I wasn't aware of it till I seen the2ofusr1 mention it in a thread.
I thought I'd make a post and see what people thought of this.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Republicans are idiots.

The 3 pranked "Republicans" are all RINOS... so you're comment would be more accurate had you said "Fake Republicans are idiots." McCain isn't Conservative nor a Republican, he's a caricature of himself... a blathering, senile warmongering establishment figurehead who should have been voted out 20 years ago.
edit on 12-3-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Republicans are idiots.

The 3 pranked "Republicans" are all RINOS... so you're comment would be more accurate had you said "Fake Republicans are idiots." McCain isn't Conservative nor a Republican, he's a caricature of himself... a blathering, senile warmongering establishment figurehead who should have been voted out 20 years ago.

Ah, so they aren't Republicans. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Republicans are idiots.

Do you like McCain or not?
Stop beating around the bush.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I love it when some Republicans "call others out" for not being Republican enough.

The only thing that beats that is when Christians do it to other Christians.

John McCain has resumed being a classic Republican after his sell-out when running for President. I'll take his style of hawkish true conservatism any day.

Amazing that folks will disrespect American veterans when their politics don't match up with theirs.

#shameful
edit on 12-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm not disrespecting him for being a veteran, I'm disrespecting him because he's a warmongering, tax and spend, big brother loving jackass. Calling him a "classic Republican" is an insult to the memory of Barry Goldwater. The only #shameful that should make any appearance here is the one immediately following everything that falls out of McCain's mouth like flops from a bull's ass.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Isn't it obvious?
I love the man like he was a brother to me...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Republicans are idiots.

I can find the Maxine Waters video, but not the Mitch McConnel one, have you heard it?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Great answer lol

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I'm not disrespecting him for being a veteran, I'm disrespecting him because he's a warmongering, tax and spend, big brother loving jackass. Calling him a "classic Republican" is an insult to the memory of Barry Goldwater. The only #shameful that should make any appearance here is the one immediately following everything that falls out of McCain's mouth like flops from a bull's ass.

I disagree. John McCain advocates for a strong military, fiscal responsibility, and the rule of law.

"Big brother loving jackass" is utter emotionally-appealing opinion.

Directly opposing your opinion for example, several staunch conservative groups have given him excellent lifetime scores.

He does take a more balanced approach to politics than some extremists do, admittedly.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Emotional-appealing

That sounds more like McCain than anything else. McCain wished an Arab Spring upon Russian soil after the Beslan school massacre and the Moscow theatre siege was a completely undiplomatic and irresponsible statement for someone who represent the US at the Senate level.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 12-3-2017 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2017 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

For every conservative group giving him "excellent lifetime scores," I can produce 2 that portray a man whose credibility is in the toilet and is only in the GOP because Democrats expect their warmongers to warmonger without open giddiness and euphoria.

You added the words "strong military, fiscal responsibility, and rule of law" after McCain's name as if throwing a handful of buzzwords at him is going to make it all come true... McCain is an agent of chaos, frankly... historically turning to BS statements about fellow lawmakers and officials he dislikes when there's not an active war for him to ghoulishly drool over. Otherwise, he's been pro amnesty, pro PP full funding, pro bailing out Puerto Rico with tax payers money, pro increased healthcare funding, pro spending, anti conserving, pro stricter gun control, pro internalization of Homeland Security's most ridiculous initiatives, basically he stands for everything most Conservatives are opposed to. But because you say so, he's such a stalwart Republican, ya? :rolleyes:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What's ironic is how liberals are pushing Russia conspiracies started by Neo-cons and establishment RINO's. Strange times we live in.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, I'd love to take you up on that challenge, but I fear it would devolve into little more than partisan bickering.

I added those qualifiers to my description of John McCain because those are classical Republican values, alongside support for enterprise and more efficient government.

Your list of problems with his positions read like a laundry list of what makes some modern Republicans so unlike the classical versions: Ronald Reagan was pro-amnesty for example, there's nothing conservative about being xenophobic, niether is there anything classically conservative about kow-towing to Christian fundamentalism or authoritarianism and similar modern fringe cult behavior ... and as you say, I could go on and on with your list of what modern Republicans believe ... that have little reflection on classical Republicanism. You mentioned Barry Goldwater ... he was appalled at the way that the Christian Right was subverting his party ... and that's just the low-hanging fruit in your "list"

I think there's probably a short-cut though. McCain is an agent of chaos?

That couldn't be because of his stance on being less than worshipful of President Trump now could it?

That's where I'd put my money with your main issue with him if I were betting.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Republicans are idiots.

Ah, so they aren't Republicans. Thanks for clearing that up.

As I remember, Pelosi got scammed the same way.
Actually, all one has to say is 'Hank Johnson'. Democrats are smart... eh?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
What's ironic is how liberals are pushing Russia conspiracies started by Neo-cons and establishment RINO's. Strange times we live in.

What's even more amazing is that "conservatives" are pushing pro-Russia rhetoric and ignoring the fact that Putin was a star KBG agent on his way to the Premiership.

Strange times indeed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join