It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aghori Sadhus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Warning: I hope you aren't eating anything..

The Aghori Clan

A little article I stumbled upon and wanted to share.

In a nutshell: A respected and feared clan of homeless stoners that only eat rotten human flesh, rotten garbage from dumps and animal feces. They cover their entire body with cremated human ash and only eat and drink from a human skull. They perform disturbing rituals that include necrophilia, to sacrificing live animals and even drinking menstrual blood. All in the name of spiritual enlightenment.

But there is definitely more than meets the eye.

The disgusting but fascinating Aghori Sadhus

Aghoris worship Shiva or Mahakala - the destroyer, or its female manifestation: Shakti or Kali, the goddess of death. According to what Aghori Meronath from Varanasi told photographer and writer Davor Rostuhar, "Each deity in Hinduism is just one manifestation of the same God. Different orders worship different deities, thus satisfying all manifestations of God. But what Shiva and Kali demand from their followers is not acceptable to most people. Thus Aghoris are the only ones willing to please them. "

"The reason why we do things that seem outrageous to the outside world is actually simple. To find purity in the filthiest! If an Aghori manages to remain focused on God even during sex with a corpse or while eating a human brain, then he is on the right way."

They also have sex with the living too, but

Aghoris have another very specific and highly secretive ritual for sexual intercourse. The ritual explains that sex in the midst of the dead can give rise to supernatural powers. In the dead of the night, in a graveyard, amidst the strewn ashes of the cremated, the Aghori clans unite to perform this ritual.

It is imperative that the women have to be menstruating while the act is going on, and they cannot be involved in the act by force. The process of coitus is carried on for the greater part of an hour, and the men cannot complete their orgasm until the whole ritual is over.

Yum yum yum!

The Aghori are well known for their extremely revolting appetite. Their food habits include whatever a civilized human being will not eat at any cost, such as foods from dump site, faeces, urine and putrefying human corpses. But they seem to have their own reasons for their nasty appetite. Consumption of excreta is said to kill ego and derail the human perception of beauty, which is essential for a man to lead his life as an Aghora.

At night, when people do not go near cremation grounds for fear of ghouls and phantoms, he meditates in peace. Breaking the rules between the clean and the unclean, the pure and the impure is the way in which he hopes to gain magical powers to cure and heal.

Want to receive their blessings?

After three days the man approached the baba again with sweets stating that baba’s blessings solved his problem. The Dhuniwale Bhaba is also notorious for throwing faeces on people and the most awful fact is that people are very contended with his ‘prasad’ and some even take it home.

They also claim to have a cure for both aids and cancer.

To the surprise and awe of the scientists all over the world, The Aghoras claim they have medicines that can treat some of the most stubborn diseases. These medicines called ‘human oils’ come from burning the human body collected from the burning pyre. The babas claim that these medicines are very effective on curing all the diseases but are not used in modern medicine due to ethical considerations.

The healing powers of Aghori Sadhus are said to come from their expertise in Black magic. What they say about these practices is that they never use their powers for harmful deeds. Instead they absorb the diseases that plague the victims who visit them into their bodies and eliminate the diseases by burning them using Black magic.

I've always been fascinated with different cultures and how they perceive reality. What really drives them to believe what they do? Is this just another way to true enlightenment? Or are they just a bunch of strung out delusional folk?

Philosophically, they are no different than monks, but the contrast between them is night and day. A lot of the philosophy makes sense from a philosophical stand point. To each their own I guess..

Enjoy?
fixed the link

edit on 12-3-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
How odd was just reading about this cult the other day and wondering just how their digestive system copes!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Personally I wouldn't call them a cult, tribe or clan makes more sense. Even though their practices are all "cult" like..

About their digestive system.. who knows. They all seem fairly thin but also relatively healthy.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

they also cant see any of their family again
after becoming one

they are very misunderstood

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Seems like a peaceful group of people fdrom what i just saw in this video. Very interesting bunch i never heard of thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Cool and interesting OP. Interesting enough for further research.

FYI though, a link to an automatic download of a disk image without warning? NOT COOL! Some folks browse from work and those kinds of shenanigans can be dangerous.

S&F anyway.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Enjoy?

Yes, indeed!
What fascinates me most about this worldview is to find God in the ugly/rotten/diseased corners of the world. I can't quite decide on whether this is a holy or satanic way of viewing the world.

Will think on this for a while. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Oh crap thanks for letting me know! I gotta fix the link, eek!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I know how you feel about religion, so I can only imagine what is going through your head. Their practices seem very unholy in every sense of the word, but their philosophy is the total opposite. Maybe they have been decieved by something sinister. But that's a whole different t topic.

Thanks for reading zosi

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

One has to wonder, who came up with the idea for this 'belief system' in the first place. Eating human flesh, feces and having sex in grave yards. I wonder how enlightened they've become thus far, if at all, and to what means?

It sounds more like Woodstock 1969 minus the flesh eating habits.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I think these people beat out the ones in your OP on gross factor.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Good point, I've pondered that myself. I think they have been around for over a thousand years, so obviously tradition was passed down but how it started, no idea. One can only speculate.

Considering their lifestyle and diet, they all seem to live for quite a long time and seem to be in relatively normal health.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What..... The...... #!

I get it though, as it seems any cult dark or bright have very similar rituals, mock or otherwise.

Almost makes you want to participate also, if it wasn't for the fear of losing my soul.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yeah it also gives new meaning to the term eat s'it and die.

Could you really eat crap though? Seriously? In hopes of becoming enlightened?

I think i'd rather live as the buddhists live. It's safer and less disgusting.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
WT actual F?

That's disturbing.

That's all I got. Disturbing.

Oh, and kids hunting spiders is, if anything, worse!!! Arachnophobia FTW.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I think they've come to a point where the mind over-rides the potential danger of living this lifestyle would do to everyday people like you or I. I wonder how many times they got sick before their mind accepted this concept as 'englightenment'.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

Yeah it also gives new meaning to the term eat s'it and die.

Could you really eat crap though? Seriously? In hopes of becoming enlightened?

I think i'd rather live as the buddhists live. It's safer and less disgusting.

Lol, no, no.

I mean there are dozens of not hundreds of cults and secret societies and their approach is similar whether mock or otherwise.

If I were to join one of these "families" it certainly wouldn't be this particular one.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Sign me up to the one that hangs out with the reptilians. You know, the one that will go to their spaceship and take off for interstellar travel when earth is about to # itself.

Yea that one..

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

lol oh ok good, i was hoping that was what you meant!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I couldn't watch more than 20 seconds of it. Yuck! having a vivid imagination doesn't help either.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join