It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO researcher of the Year, Tom DeLonge; Major announcement within 60 Days!!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Been quite awhile now without a peep from Delonge.
I'm starting to characterize him more and more into the bozo category.

I even sent him an email saying we are all still waiting to hear his announcement of it being "delayed" further.

From HuffPo

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
With regard to DeLonge's repeated mention that "they found a life form" - perhaps his careful choice of words relates to a non-bological life form (i.e., some kind of AI creation) and that's what the government has been working on reengineering and not a vehicle.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

Um im pretty sure tom is just talking out his ass. Hes got nothing.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The de facto announcement is: "UFOlogy as credible as every doomsday prophecy past its due date."

What's not clear is if that would be a step up or a step down.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

That's quite an interesting take on it!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Actually, I got the impression the direction they where going with the book is there's a bit of 'alien life form' in all of us (for all I've seen on these boards even that part may be artificial). Mind this is hypotheticaly speaking

Also, it's not about disclosing the truth, but getting the subject out of ridicule to make proper research possible.

On the other hand everything looks like a big marketing campaign for NASA and the likes ... (mutual interest, investors/moneyflows or some other agenda?)

Anyway, I'm afraid the message will never live up to the hype by now. We'll see ...
edit on 31-5-2017 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The only way for DeLonge to gain any real credibility in this area is to provide New and Credible information or evidence in this field that has not already done the rounds or is a rehash of existing data.

Can he achieve this?

Only time will tell.

If he does deliver and the information provided can be verified, then his status within the UFO community will rise significantly.

However, if he cannot or does not produce anything significant, then his status and reputation could well be destroyed.

It certainly makes me wonder if DeLonge himself may have been set up to take the fall as he has remained very tight lipped regarding this 'Major Announcement'. I'm pretty certain that if he was in possession of any information of real significance or information deemed a risk to National Security should it be released, that certain persons would go to any lengths to prevent this.

The trouble is, the longer he makes us wait, the less credible he appears but why is he holding back?

That's the big question.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: studio500

so that we are less likely to doubt him in the future, when he suggests that we unite to form a one world order to fight the evil aliens circling our solar system, we will be like, yeah lets get them.... we wont doubt you again Tom.

lol

I have no idea where Toms going with this..... but he is highlighting that governments are keeping big secrets from us.....

and for me, thats just bad PR, unless they are trying to soften the masses before disclosure.

if not, it will eventually come back to bite them hard, generations are tiring of this game of cat and mouse.

if they wont tell us, we will make them, one way or another, we are the majority and always will be.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: studio500

if they wont tell us, we will make them, one way or another, we are the majority and always will be.

Really?? How? How will we make them tell us?? We haven't managed it so far.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Its inevitable.... i may not be around when it happens but it will happen, the truth cant be hid for ever.

we are not special btw, we dont know all there is to know, we haven't stopped evolving, history does repeat!

..... i dont see our leaders ever disclosing the full truth, our enlightenment may not transpire till after there has
been a bloody revolution of the 1%...... it sure would be good to be around for that one.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I hope we won't be let down....

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: studio500why is he holding back?

indeed. time for Tom to s##t or get off the pot.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Posted to twitter yesterday.

Big s--t is coming. I just need a few more weeks. It will make sense when it comes.
twitter.com...

Just a few more weeks.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
No Time For Truth

"Just a few more weeks." Where have I heard that before?

"This time I mean it."

"All will be revealed."

"I know something you don't, and it's so important that I'm not going to tell you about it for a really long time."

Making big announcements then stalling for time is a well-worn cliche in "alternative" circles, a big red flag of bull# and already old before you've seen it a thousand times.

If Mr. DeLonge truly has something important to say, the right thing to do is say it, rather than fire up the hype train and run it behind schedule.

Given the (hopefully) obvious bitterness of my previous posts, I want to emphasize that I have nothing against Tom DeLonge personally, admire his talent and share his interest in unexplained phenomena, but this sort of misbehavior does immense harm to UFOlogy and further marginalizes a subject that's already buried too far in the margins as it is.

tl;dr: If you've got nothing to say, say nothing.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

FM that will be the name of his new book "just a few more weeks"

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

I see an album!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

I agree.
It's obvious what he has to reveal is something that he is probably selling, a movie, a documentary, a book etc, otherwise there is no need to stall.
edit on 2-6-2017 by BullwinkleKicksButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BullwinkleKicksButt

I'm thinking it's his doc/movie he's been trying to advertise for.
Because you know, you gotta buy the book!

His newest book Gods:Vol 1, has lost my interest.
I was all jacked thinking awesome another book, his first was excellent!
But then I'm like 5 chapters in and can't even keep my eyes open long enough to finish the page.
All well....just a few more weeks

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Amen my brother.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Yeah I read Chasing Shadows, bloody brilliant, hope they make a movie out of it.
Got 80% through reading gods, then gave up on it. Far too long for what it was covering.

I agree most likely his documentary. I said that many times previously like a broken record.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join