It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Swamp is Fighting Back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com... a-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.6d366db75b56

Preet Bharara, one of the most high-profile federal prosecutors in the country, said he was fired Saturday after refusing to submit a letter of resignation as part of an ouster of the remaining U.S. attorneys who were holdovers from the Obama administration, according to people familiar with the matter.

Dude you know the drill stop making a issue out of it. Go get hired at a expensive Law Firm that no one but the rich can afford you.

Bharara’s dismissal was an about-face from President Trump’s assurances to the Manhattan-based prosecutor in November, weeks after the election, that he wanted him to stay on the job following a meeting at Trump Tower, according to Bharara.

And now they are asking you to leave.

Two people close to Trump said the president’s chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, and Attorney General Jeff Sessions wanted a clean slate of federal prosecutors and were unconcerned about any perception that the White House changed its mind about Bharara. The removal of former president Barack Obama’s federal prosecutors is about asserting who’s in power, the two said.

O I see now the liberals President Bannon wants you to go. Thats why this is such a big deal to the left.

The departure of Bharara, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, capped a confusing sequence of events, beginning Friday, when acting deputy attorney general Dana Boente began making calls to 46 prosecutors asking for their resignations by the end of the day. Requests for resignation are a normal part of a transition of power from one administration to another, although both the Bush and Obama administrations let their U.S. attorneys leave gradually.

And yet Bill Clinton did the same thing and no one batted an eye.

During Friday’s call with Bharara, the New York prosecutor asked for clarity about whether the requests for resignations applied to him, given his previous conversation with Trump, and did not immediately get a definitive answer, according to a person familiar with the exchange.

So in other words he's asking if he's special. You got the letter didn't you? You're an attorney aren't you? You know how to read.

When asked Friday whether Bharara was also being asked for a resignation letter, one White House official not authorized to speak publicly said, “Everybody’s gone,” and would not engage further on the issue.

Those pesky leakers spilling the beans again.

On Saturday morning, when the administration had still not received Bharara’s resignation, Boente attempted to call the U.S. attorney to find out why, but the two men did not immediately connect, according to people familiar with the discussions.

When they finally did speak shortly before 2:30 p.m., Boente informed Bharara that the order to submit his resignation indeed applied to him because he was a presidentially appointed U.S. attorney, according to a Justice Department official with knowledge of the conversation.

Bharara asked Boente if he was firing him and Boente replied that he was asking him to submit his resignation, the official said. Minutes later, Bharara announced on Twitter that he was out. “I did not resign,” Bharara said. “Moments ago I was fired. Being the US Attorney in SDNY will forever be the greatest honor of my professional life.” Bharara sent an email to his staff, asserting again that Boente had removed him from his job.

They asked you nicely to resign so you're making a Scene on Twitter, and to the Lefts Media. You got a Letter, and a phone call and just like the Elitist you are you say no on the phone? So of course they would Fire you. What's so difficult for you to understand your NEW boss asked you to leave.

“Needless to say it is personally very sad for me,” the note said. “This is the greatest place on Earth and I love you all. Even on a day when your U.S. Attorney gets fired it is still Thanksgiving because you all still get to do the most honorable work there is to do.”

Liberal tears alert.

There is no indication that the ouster of Bharara stems from a disagreement about a particular case or investigation. While the FBI has been conducting a counterintelligence inquiry looking for evidence of contacts between agents of the Russian government and Trump campaign advisers, and a former campaign adviser to Trump has been part of an investigation into possible overseas corruption, there have been no signs that Bharara’s office has been involved in either of those probes or any other inquiries that might touch on the president or people close to him.

Give it up HILLARY LOST BECAUSE SHE WAS A TERRIBLE CANDIDATE. O and this to:

On Wednesday, watchdog groups asked Bharara to probe whether Trump has received payments or other benefits from foreign governments through his business interests in violation of the Constitution’s emoluments clause, which prohibits top officials from receiving favors or payments from foreign governments.

How about that Clinton Foundation?

edit on 11-3-2017 by Stevemagegod because: link

edit on 11-3-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think you are making this out to be a bigger deal then the liberals you claim are crying right now.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Check this out.

Judge Jeanine Pirro - U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Says He Was Fired By Pres Trump After Refusing To Resign - Coco Soodek

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
I think you are making this out to be a bigger deal then the liberals you claim are crying right now.

Go read the Facebook comments.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Don't worry they will make a big thing of this for about a week.
S & F

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Im not sure I understand the thrust of your OP?

If I had had a previous conversation with an employer and they agreed I was going to stay in a position then I got a letter asking for my resignation Id probably ask if it was valid as well.

His message didnt seem that bad either, he said he was sad to leave and he enjoyed his time there, fairly standard.

He didnt bash the current admin or claim any wrong doing.
What am I missing?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

If I had had a previous conversation with an employer and they agreed I was going to stay in a position then I got a letter asking for my resignation Id probably ask if it was valid as well.

His message didnt seem that bad either, he said he was sad to leave and he enjoyed his time there, fairly standard.

What am I missing?

He was a Obama Political Appointee. Trump was Potus Elect. Things Change. He knows the deal. He knows if he makes a Scene because all the cool kids are doing it he will have fake outrage from the Left and he thinks he can guilt trip his way to keeping job.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

Don't worry they will make a big thing of this for about a week.
S & F

Ya i know. I mean when they made the Spicer upside Flag story yesterday I was like hu must be a Good Day for Trump and Slow Real News happening day because the only Fake News they can make about the Trump Administration was the upside down Flag that flipped by itself.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You Trump supporters who believe he drained the swamp are ridiculous. Goldman Sachs, Exxon, billionaires alike all apart of his cabinet.

Denial much?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

What am I missing?

He was a Obama Political Appointee. Trump was Potus Elect. Things Change. He knows the deal. He knows if he makes a Scene because all the cool kids are doing it he will have fake outrage from the Left and he thinks he can guilt trip his way to keeping job.

And run for governor.

He's been investigating Como and Bloomberg for years.

Time for the investigations to move forward.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Looking at how this guy Preet became, I think it was a good idea for Trump to get rid of him. He loves to take cases that make him look powerful. When a guy gets a big head, it is time to get rid of him.

What Trump is doing is actually what other presidents have done with party switches. Nothing new.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You Trump supporters who believe he drained the swamp are ridiculous. Goldman Sachs, Exxon, billionaires alike all apart of his cabinet.

Denial much?

Who better to tackle the corruption and swampyness of a system than those intimately aware of it?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Check this out.

Judge Jeanine Pirro - U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Says He Was Fired By Pres Trump After Refusing To Resign - Coco Soodek

I stopped watching after the 1st minute when she said Trump has the right to do this BUT..... SORRY Nope BLAH BLAH LIBERAL TEARS ALERT

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Denial much?

You do realise they work for Trump? Hilary and Obama worked for them accepting massive donations and pay to play schemes.

Over 20-plus years, Goldman provided the Clintons with some of their most influential advisers, millions of dollars in campaign contributions and speaking fees, and financial support for the family foundation's charitable programs.

Source, as you should source your accusations.

Education much?
edit on 12-3-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

President Donald Trump reached out through a secretary to Manhattan's top prosecutor two days before he was fired by the Justice Department, but the two men never spoke.

U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara (buh-RAH'-ruh) reported the call to the Justice Department and it was agreed he shouldn't speak directly to Trump. That's the latest twist in the unusual dynamic between Trump and the high-profile prosecutor who's made public corruption a favorite quest.

The interaction was described Saturday by a person told about the conversations who requested anonymity because of the talks' private nature. The White House referred comment requests to the Justice Department.

apnews.com...:-Trump-tried-to-call-prosecutor-before-firing?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitte r&utm_medium=AP

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

ATS isn't facebook.

edit on 12/3/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Dude can you make it through one day without saying left or liberal this or that on these boards?
It's almost as if you…. have an agenda
or…..you are obsessed
or…..you remain constantly triggered

Regardless you come across as confidently desperate and petty and I am guessing you are star/flag struck as well.
Your consistency is disgusting and part of what is wrong with our country and our tribe here at ATS.
You are free to post as you wish but so are we so I'm just sayin...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Don't bring that sh*t over here, man.

Not cool!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Denial much?

He appointed people who have Life Experience in the Real World and not as Career Politicians. Because i know how Democrats dont like Successful People or anyone with any amount of substantial wealth that isnt a woman named Hilary Clinton who has a estimated $300 million dollar net worth from a life as a Public Servant.

Meanwhile The Government is a failing business and needs to be run as a business.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Oh, look everyone..facebook, facebook is great as a source if your a teenaged drama queen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join