It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire att network down?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Did AT&T Wireless bring back an Unlimited Everything plan? Every time I used to consider leaving Sprint, I found that companies had eliminated their unlimited plans. With 2 teenagers, having a data-limit ceiling is a big No-No.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's strange that in many areas, AT&T says that they have "high-speed" internet, but after digging into the fine print, you see that their "high speed" packages top out at a mere 6 Megabytes per second!

Ref: www.att.net...

Here in the Chicago area, the cost for AT&T's 6 Mbps plan is the same as Comcast-Xfinity's 75 Mbps plan. Duh!

The problem I have in this area is that att is the only carrier

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Att has been running a bunch of fiber optic cables for their new Internet service. It's supposed to be a crap ton faster than it is now. They might have been doing stuff with it and it messed up the current service.

I have att and it sucks the same as usual. No outage or anything.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
What could it mean?

I see AT&T failing as a provider in the near future. They will continue as a mobile service but..

Interesting take. Man in the middle hacks are easier with wireless?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

We've had 4,000+ downed wires in MIchigan since Wednesday including att and comcast, dish etc...500,000 without any power...

All normal today, Sunday....since around 9pm last night.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have AT&T for pretty much everything, I was getting sick of paying Charter $65+ for just internet. We switched to AT&T and have had no problems really, and when you do customer service is really good. We also switched from Sprint to AT&T last year and that was the best thing ever. No more dropped calls, 4G pretty much everywhere we go, we can go up north and get service without having to be on a major highway(my aunt lives right off a highway in the boonies and the minute you turned off you went to roaming and couldn't do anything... I couldn't even send or recive text messages. Now with AT&T mobile we can actully watch streaming video there.) We also have Directv(I don't really watch much regular tv, but my sig other does.) And because AT&T ownd Directv they have a plan where as if you are Uverse or Directv customer you get unlimited data on your mobile phones. Also, you can watch directv though the app on your phone/tablet and it won't eat up any data either.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
My internet service has been down all day. The data on my phone is fine. I checked the outage map and this is what I saw. downdetector.com...
Anyone else here use att internet? Has anyone ever seen an outage like this? What could it mean?

The logical answer is something in the infrastructure broke either through hardware failure or human error.
Maybe it has something to do with the the weather either wind, snow, the pending NorEaster if in that impacted area.

Either way, though the average user thinks it's this way, in a complex network be it data or voice redundancy isnt supposed to account for everything because that is impossible..it is supposed to account for as many possibilities as possible ..

More often than not in life Occam is your friend.
edit on 12-3-2017 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join