It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire att network down?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My internet service has been down all day. The data on my phone is fine. I checked the outage map and this is what I saw. downdetector.com...
Anyone else here use att internet? Has anyone ever seen an outage like this? What could it mean?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well, I have AT&T and we aren't effected. Blame it on Trump or protestors. Or maybe even Russia.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
What could it mean?

I see AT&T failing as a provider in the near future. They will continue as a mobile service but..

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

A couple of days ago, people in over a dozen states couldn't call 911 on AT&T phones, causing major problems since most people no longer have a land line. No idea how this relates to what you are saying, just throwing it out there:

Source

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

A couple of days ago, people in over a dozen states couldn't call 911 on AT&T phones, causing major problems since most people no longer have a land line. No idea how this relates to what you are saying, just throwing it out there:

Source

This is affecting my internet only. And lucky for me I have a landline.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, I have AT&T and we aren't effected. Blame it on Trump or protestors. Or maybe even Russia.

I blame the black eyed kids.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I don't use the service. How do you deal with AT&T in the first place: Don't they data-cap for net services as well? If so maybe more data-capping is on it's way or if not maybe it's coming to your local service.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
I don't use the service. How do you deal with AT&T in the first place: Don't they data-cap for net services as well? If so maybe more data-capping is on it's way or if not maybe it's coming to your local service.

My internet has no cap but my phone data will cap at 1g and then slow down.No extra charge though.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Ooohhh, I forgot about them, maybe they did it. Beats blaming everything that goes wrong on Politics.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's strange that in many areas, AT&T says that they have "high-speed" internet, but after digging into the fine print, you see that their "high speed" packages top out at a mere 6 Megabytes per second!

Ref: www.att.net...

Here in the Chicago area, the cost for AT&T's 6 Mbps plan is the same as Comcast-Xfinity's 75 Mbps plan. Duh!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

My phone is at&t but I have it on my TWC/spectrum internet when I am at home. still happening?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's strange that in many areas, AT&T says that they have "high-speed" internet, but after digging into the fine print, you see that their "high speed" packages top out at a mere 6 Megabytes per second!

Ref: www.att.net...

Here in the Chicago area, the cost for AT&T's 6 Mbps plan is the same as Comcast-Xfinity's 75 Mbps plan. Duh!

You are right. I looked into AT&T internet when I moved as Verizon isn't wired into this building. I saw the plan and was horrified. I was like no way. TWC/Spectrum advertises 50 down and 6 up, but it is usually about 65 down and 10 up. About half of Verizon but nowhere near the crawl of At&T.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
DP.
edit on 12-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

My internet has no cap but my phone data will cap at 1g and then slow down.No extra charge though.

You should be putting your phone on your home wifi and use a home internet other than at&t. With that, at least when you are at home, your phone data is truly unlimited. When I go out, I start using data, but TWC/Spectrum has hotspots everywhere, so setting a simple app to connect where ever there is one, I use only a tiny bit of data when I leave the house as it switches back and forth. I have never come close to any cap or throttle with either TWC or Verizon being my home internet that I can connect my phone to.

I think comcast/cox, etc has a similar app even if your phone is at&t.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I think a black eyed kid tried to sell us girl scout cookies.
My son said that the girl scout didn't have eyes.
I don't know, I didn't really see her.
She was standing in front of our garage door when we got home.
She said she was waiting for the rain to stop.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

AT&T thinks consumers are dumb as rocks. Well... maybe a lot are. On the flip side, AT&T's incentives used to be so lucrative, you could almost earn a living from them. During the 1990's, they'd send a $200 check, for each landline that you switched to AT&T long-distance phone service. And there was no contract.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

mmmmm....is this the right thread for that?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: reldra

AT&T thinks consumers are dumb as rocks. Well... maybe a lot are. On the flip side, AT&T's incentives used to be so lucrative, you could almost earn a living from them. During the 1990's, they'd send a $200 check, for each landline that you switched to AT&T long-distance phone service. And there was no contract.

Very true.

They are not bad for just a cell phone. But I would never have them for ALL my internet. I would end up broke and throttled all the time.

I actually got a great deal on the new phone I have from them. Paid for it in full this time, so my bill is super low. But as main internet...never.

I also NEVER buy accessories in their store. Can get the same things for half on the internet like cases and screen protectors and wireless chargers and such.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

No...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

No...

I thought not, but throwing in the black eyed children thing livens things up I guess.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join