It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Wikileaks been compromised by the Russian Government? The evidence points to YES!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OMG, I couldn't even get past the title. Really?! WL and Russia?

I'd bet my left nut elements (particularly the right) within the US are working with WL NOT freaken Russia. FFS.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I fail to see how anything in your OP has demonstrated your presumption that Assange was actively working to undermine HRC,

His leaks benefited the Trump campaign and the GOP. The side that would have most benefited Putin to be in the Whitehouse. This coupled with coincidences over the last 7 years. Snowden stating on Wikileaks website that Russia is a bastion of freedom. Assange getting cozy with Russia today, a known Russian propaganda network. I think it's rather clear, I consider that evidence enough. I can't make you agree Cold. It's your personal choice what to believe.

You'll remember The New York Times published a copy of Trump's tax returns from 1994. If Trump's most recent tac returns were leakable in any way shape or form, somebody somewhere would have published them

Not sure about that. One does have to question, after Trump promised he'd release his tax returns, why he's been so unwilling to do it so far? If there's nothing to hide, there's nothing to hide right?

He's the first president not to release is tax returns in close to 40 years.

He has nothing to hide right? He's a big boy is he not?

And yet it's Assange to blame for Hillary's failure

Who said on here that Assange is to blame for Hillary's loss? This is not what it says in the OP.

I think you would be more effective in your efforts if you spent more time listening carefully to Assange's own words.

I just find it very funny that in order to argue against the OP, you use Assange himself as a source. Really.

Yes I listen to Assanges own words. I don't take everything he says as truth. Maybe you should look into this matter beyond merely what Assange claims.

Except that nothing about Wikileaks' published history suggests that Assange is curating information to be politically expedient or to serve a partisan agenda.

Oh I think it's clear in the OP. I'll go back to what I said before, I can't make you believe. Your mind is made up along with the others here Cold.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
its weird how the white house / wikileaks has gone to extraordinary lengths to marginalize, demonize and discredit the CIA, Obama, the news media and the courts

its almost like they are afraid the news will report the CIA found a connection between trump and the russians via an Obama ordered wiretap or surveillance and its headed to the courts

hmmmmm

That is very inaccurately stated.
The CIA and Obama and the news media, and some courts/judges have all demonized and discredited themselves by their own words, and actions over the past 8 years.

No one else in the world could discredit them further since they are already scraping the ocean floor of scum, and they did it by themselves.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Nice copy and paste job.

That theory on Reddit has been thoroughly debunked by the folks at r/WikiLeaks. Take a look sometime.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

His leaks benefited the Trump campaign and the GOP.

They could have also benefited Jill Stein and Gary Johnson.

Snowden stating on Wikileaks website that Russia is a bastion of freedom.

From your own source:

Yet even in the face of this historically disproportionate aggression, countries around the world have offered support and asylum. These nations, including Russia, Venezuela, Bolivia, Nicaragua, and Ecuador have my gratitude and respect for being the first to stand against human rights violations carried out by the powerful rather than the powerless. By refusing to compromise their principles in the face of intimidation, they have earned the respect of the world. It is my intention to travel to each of these countries to extend my personal thanks to their people and leaders.

Nowhere in that statement does he refer to Russia as a 'bastion of freedom,' he doesn't even use the word bastion. Rather, he points out that certain countries have been more friendly to those seeking asylum for being whistleblowers that are targeted by their own government.

Assange getting cozy with Russia today, a known Russian propaganda network. I think it's rather clear, I consider that evidence enough.

If you could even call that evidence it would have to be circumstantial evidence at best. You're lacking any hard evidence to support your claims.

Furthermore, if RT is guilty of helping Trump's campaign by allowing their anchors to publicly criticize HRC, then by that logic CNN is just as guilty of meddling in our election for airing non-stop (often factually inaccurate) hit pieces on Trump. Not to mention the mounting evidence that WaPo and CNN were propaganda arms of the Obama administration.

Not sure about that. One does have to question, after Trump promised he'd release his tax returns, why he's been so unwilling to do it so far? If there's nothing to hide, there's nothing to hide right?

He's the first president not to release is tax returns in close to 40 years.

He has nothing to hide right? He's a big boy is he not?

Seeing as I have not seen Trump's tax returns I cannot comment on what they contain, I can only speculate.

What I can say, however, is that Warren Buffet won't release his tax returns to the public, either. The reason Trump isn't releasing his tax returns is because #1 he doesn't have to, and #2 if the intimate details of the inner workings of his businesses were made public it would create an advantage for any competing businesses to exploit any weaknesses or loopholes found in Trump's tax returns. It's really no more complicated than that, I'm afraid.

I just find it very funny that in order to argue against the OP, you use Assange himself as a source. Really.

Yes I listen to Assanges own words. I don't take everything he says as truth. Maybe you should look into this matter beyond merely what Assange claims.

I read everything, from everywhere, whether I believe the source to be reliable or to my liking at all. I was merely suggesting that if you are going to criticize Assange, best use his own words to convey your argument. Since your OP makes some wild assertions about the man, I thought it would be appropriate to quote some relevant snippets of Assange's own words as he has already publicly addressed some of the accusations you have posited, and yet nowhere in your OP do you show Assange's own take on the matter. Which, whether you like him or not, would be the fair & balanced thing to do in investigative reporting.

Oh I think it's clear in the OP. I'll go back to what I said before, I can't make you believe. Your mind is made up along with the others here Cold.

Seeing as you've done nothing but project your own biases into a collection of seemingly irrelevant data, I would argue that it is in fact your mind that has already been made up.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

They could have also benefited Jill Stein and Gary Johnson.

Of course. Only, the reality that there hasn't been a majority third party win in congress or the whitehouse in more than 150 years. It was going to be either the GOP or the Democrats.

To further add to that, it doesn't help either of the third parties if these releases were to benefit the fall of one of the major parties but not the other. There's no logic behind that. I'm sure you know this already.

Rather, he points out that certain countries have been more friendly to those seeking asylum for being whistleblowers that are targeted by their own government.

Again from the quote:

the first to stand against human rights violations carried out by the powerful rather than the powerless.

I'm going to ask you now. Since when was the Russian government one of the lead bearers in taking a stand against human rights violations?

If you could even call that evidence it would have to be circumstantial evidence at best.

I'm satisfied with what I've posted.

Furthermore, if RT is guilty of helping Trump's campaign by allowing their anchors to publicly criticize HRC, then by that logic CNN is just as guilty of meddling in our election for airing non-stop (often factually inaccurate) hit pieces on Trump.

What hit pieces on Trump exactly? Trump opens his mouth, the media reports it. The media is at fault for what Trump says.

Where's the personal responsibility Cold?

Seeing as I have not seen Trump's tax returns I cannot comment on what they contain, I can only speculate.

Indeed that's all we can do. It is, in the least, unsettling that he has been so reluctant to release them. First among many in close to 40 years.

What I can say, however, is that Warren Buffet won't release his tax returns to the public, either.

Warren Buffet wasn't running for president.

Further to this:

Legendary investor Warren Buffett made another move Monday to debunk Donald Trump: He released his tax figures, and he said he was willing to do it even though he, like Trump, is currently under audit.
In a challenge to the GOP presidential candidate in August, the Oracle of Omaha had promised to release his tax information if Trump released his own returns. Trump has so far refused to do so, but Buffett decided to make his personal returns public after the politician brought them up during Sunday's presidential debate. In short, Buffett paid $1.8 million in federal income taxes in 2015 on about $11.6 million in income, for a rate of just under 16%

fortune.com...

The reason Trump isn't releasing his tax returns is because

Neither you nor I can say with personal knowledge why Trump is not releasing his tax returns. You even admitted you could only speculate what could be contained in them.

Obama released his short form and long form birth certificates. He's one of only a hand full of presidents who ever did it. Why is Trump so scared to do the same with his tax returns? What's he hiding? It doesn't seem to bother you but it should.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think you may be right here. it seems quite suspicious that wikileaks seems to now be converted as a tool for the russians.

The best way to cripple a opponent isn't through lies, but filtered truths. Look at how people here are responding to this conspiracy theory with a grand number of links...no actual debate, just justification because it helped their outcome, attacking the idea, and demanding since its not already a solid proven thing then it means nothing.
...here...a conspiracy website...a conspiracy with tons of evidence is being treated like that.

It reminds me of if you say something bad about China with tons of chinese around, they all become hyper sensetive and defend it not by saying it isn't true, but by trying to turn the debate "well, america has corruption also, india is polluted also, etc".

I think this has legs. well done ops...and thanks for your hard work here even though this website has become little more than a trump echo chamber..keep prodding, this is the digging that needs to be done if indeed WL has been compromised.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Nice copy and paste job.

That theory on Reddit has been thoroughly debunked by the folks at r/WikiLeaks. Take a look sometime.

or you can explain why its debunked given we are here..

its like a feminist tutting and saying "I dont have time to educate you!"

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
No they haven't.

Unfortunately their biggest sponsor has had to endure being held in an Embassy, but they continue and I am sure they will continue to do so. Regardless of what some may hope.
edit on 11/3/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
OMG, I couldn't even get past the title. Really?! WL and Russia?

I'd bet my left nut elements (particularly the right) within the US are working with WL NOT freaken Russia. FFS.

You should get past the title and read the content then snowflake, information wont hurt you (much).

Your nut is in danger. You are like those feminists who reject even reading anything on the mens rights movement because they assume its all nonsense. Read it. until then, stop typing in comment sections on things you are ignorant about, buttercup.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
As has been reported, attempts were made on the RNC server but failed. At the time of the leaks (well before they were released) many republicans were going against Trump, the only candidate who wasn't part of the political system and many felt the only hope to break the system

I have said it before and will say it again, Wikileaks is against the US deep state that wants to control the world and is the world's largest terror organization. It has nothing to do with any party, it has to do with the real control in the US.

Yes, we are worse than and have more power than all rough governments combined.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I fail to see how anything in your OP has demonstrated your presumption that Assange was actively working to undermine HRC, with the specific intention of helping Trump.

I think the ops isn't about that, but rather it is demonstrating how Russia has infiltrated Wikileaks based on the history he outlines.

Of course all you will see is how wikileaks helped your man get in office and are in full blown defense mode..cant even see the ops is on a much broader level.

I bet you are one of those people who believe in the whole pizzagate scandal because there was a mention of pizza somewhere and some art and a very loose and crazy theory going on...but you dismiss this which is beautifully laid out with undeniable actions of the past immediately because it might touch your god emperor in its vastness.

feckless partisans aren't needed to discuss this stuff.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I think it's more likely that he's dead. I mean who would stay locked up in the Embasy for more than 4 years? If he did, he's really dedicated s/c

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Nice copy and paste job.

Do your own homework. Southern Guardian is correct. That theory is BS. Who would volunteer to stay locked up in an embassy. Go ahead and call me names like you do others here. No class in doing that and certainly doesn't promote healthy discourse...
edit on 11-3-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

heya. just wanted you to know I'm here.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Nice copy and paste job.

Try this:

Deconstructing Common Lies against WikiLeaks

And this:

Disinformation concerning WL's 2010 Russian 'bombshell' and FSB threats resulting in leaks never happening.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

This notion that wikileaks has been compromised and is now an agent/puppet of Russia has risen significantly over the past six months.I believe this is because the left has a cognitive dissonance problem, and the Russian narrative provides the perfect solution. The release of information about the DNC created a predicament for those on the left. One that could not be resolved without admitting either their beliefs about WL were wrong, or their beliefs about the DNC were wrong. But if Russia compromised WL both their previous and current opinions of WL are valid, while mitigating any need to evaluate their perception of the DNC.

The evidence that forms the basis of your premise is either intentionally misleading, or simply, inaccurate.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Assumptions may possibly point to yes. Evidence not so much.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I bet you are one of those people who believe in the whole pizzagate scandal because there was a mention of pizza somewhere and some art and a very loose and crazy theory going on...but you dismiss this which is beautifully laid out with undeniable actions of the past immediately because it might touch your god emperor in its vastness.

I find this to be rather hilarious, given the fact that when pizza gate became a thing, I was one of the first people on this forum to criticize the theory as being misrepresented and conflated.

What's even more humorous, is the fact that you were perfectly capable of looking up my previous posts to see what kind of position I have taken on the pizza gate issue. But instead, you chose to waste your time and energy typing up that ridiculous cheap shot that in the end only proves your complacency.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I'm growing really tired of having to repeat myself over and over again. It's not just you, it's many others as well.

However, I do think it's important to point something out:

From your source about Warren Buffet:

Legendary investor Warren Buffett made another move Monday to debunk Donald Trump: He released his tax figures, and he said he was willing to do it even though he, like Trump, is currently under audit.
In a challenge to the GOP presidential candidate in August, the Oracle of Omaha had promised to release his tax information if Trump released his own returns. Trump has so far refused to do so, but Buffett decided to make his personal returns public after the politician brought them up during Sunday's presidential debate. In short, Buffett paid $1.8 million in federal income taxes in 2015 on about $11.6 million in income, for a rate of just under 16%

Buffet never released his returns, and the figures that were given to the media came from Buffett himself and not from the IRS.

By the way, the reason that I had brought up Buffett in the first place is because he went around and campaigned for Hillary, attacking Trump telling him that he will meet with Trump personally and go over his tax returns, anytime, anywhere.

Notice the stark contrast between making his returns available to the public and meeting with Trump to go over his tax returns.

So yes, Trump is keeping his tax returns private for the same reason Buffett is keeping his private, to protect their businesses.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join