It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch embassy and consulate in Turkey sealed off as diplomatic row escalates

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We Dutch have been pretty tolerant. But enough is enough.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If you are living in Holland and what happens in Turkey matters so much to you, why don't you go and live there? I am sure there are plenty of people that would happily make a contribution to your travel costs.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
a reply to: 23432

youre funny. If you call losing 20 MILLION people during WW2 teaching someone a lesson you should re learn math. The Russians wouldnt have made it to Germany had the Allies not prepared the way. And, not that its relevant to the thread, but you brought up the russians....so should i remind you that the Russian leadership killed what...between 40 to 50 MILLION of their OWN people!!!

forget about the poor Ukrainians that were starved to death, another 7 to 10 MILLION people.

I do try to utilise humour while gently asking people to use their noggings .

Tell you what is funnier though ; premise of this thread is about Freedom of Travel & Freedom of Speech and we witness some users attempting to frame this thread into a moral highground where they can continue to beat up on their dead horses .
Cliche as it gets in other words yet still funnier than anything I can come up with .

Let's all forget about the fact that Europe supports Terrorists .

The King is naked shouted someone and everyone looked to see that he was bollock naked indeed .

What's next ?

Banning Islam and muslims from Netherlands ?

Oh how history repeats itself before everyone's eyes ? Dutch pride themselves on multiculturalism , openness and freedom and strongly self identify with these values .

These unlawfull actions such as attempts of arrest of ministers with diplomatic immunity or the unlawfull siege of embassy are on their way to become a dark stain in Dutch history.
As for Russians and their actions ; I am a Circassian who had been genocided by Russians , thank you for your input .
One thing we can agree on is how greedy the bear gets .

As for Ukraine ; I am expecting million of them into Turkey this summer and to that effect governments of Turkey & Ukraine have lifted passport requirements for each other's citizens .

It is possible to be a devoutly Christian nation and have good relations with another nation who is devoutly muslim .

Anyhow , Europeans are blatantly practicing racism and religionism .

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
If you are living in Holland and what happens in Turkey matters so much to you, why don't you go and live there? I am sure there are plenty of people that would happily make a contribution to your travel costs.

I don't live in Holland but I could if I wanted to because the Law gives me a " Right " to do so .

I also like my smokes but that is besides the issue .

This issue is about Freedom of Travel & Freedom of Speech , first and upmost .

I have number of citizenships and I vote in number of Countries .

Why should I give up my " Right " to vote ?

Only fascists would ask such a thing .

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: tribal

youre funny. If you call losing 20 MILLION people during WW2 teaching someone a lesson you should re learn math. The Russians wouldnt have made it to Germany had the Allies not prepared the way. And, not that its relevant to the thread, but you brought up the russians....so should i remind you that the Russian leadership killed what...between 40 to 50 MILLION of their OWN people!!!

forget about the poor Ukrainians that were starved to death, another 7 to 10 MILLION people.

I do try to utilise humour while gently asking people to use their noggings .

Tell you what is funnier though ; premise of this thread is about Freedom of Travel & Freedom of Speech and we witness some users attempting to frame this thread into a moral highground where they can continue to beat up on their dead horses .
Cliche as it gets in other words yet still funnier than anything I can come up with .

Let's all forget about the fact that Europe supports Terrorists .

The King is naked shouted someone and everyone looked to see that he was bollock naked indeed .

What's next ?

Banning Islam and muslims from Netherlands ?

Oh how history repeats itself before everyone's eyes ? Dutch pride themselves on multiculturalism , openness and freedom and strongly self identify with these values .

These unlawfull actions such as attempts of arrest of ministers with diplomatic immunity or the unlawfull siege of embassy are on their way to become a dark stain in Dutch history.
As for Russians and their actions ; I am a Circassian who had been genocided by Russians , thank you for your input .
One thing we can agree on is how greedy the bear gets .

As for Ukraine ; I am expecting million of them into Turkey this summer and to that effect governments of Turkey & Ukraine have lifted passport requirements for each other's citizens .

It is possible to be a devoutly Christian nation and have good relations with another nation who is devoutly muslim .

Anyhow , Europeans are blatantly practicing racism and religionism .

The statement in the post you quoted regarding the allies preparing the way for the Russians to invade Germany is utter nonsense. Does anyone need to be reminded about the Turkish genocide of the Armenians and the fact that it is illegal to refer to it as such in that backward country.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I don't live in Holland but I could if I wanted to because the Law gives me a " Right " to do so .

I never suggested anyone should give up their rights. I have never supported Fascism as I consider weak and ineffective. You may not agree with my sentiments but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that many people in the Netherlands feel that way.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The statement in the post you quoted regarding the allies preparing the way for the Russians to invade Germany is utter nonsense. Does anyone need to be reminded about the Turkish genocide of the Armenians and the fact that it is illegal to refer to it as such in that backward country.

You dont seem to get how things work in real life .

Putin is broke and he is coming to get the goodies from Germens .

You can take that to bank .

Armenian allegations of Genocide doesn't make it so and as for your definition of " Backward " is nothing more than the justification of Emperialism ; I'll just sit back and smile while watching you immerse in your own delusional dreams .

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I never suggested anyone should give up their rights. I have never supported Fascism as I consider weak and ineffective. You may not agree with my sentiments but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that many people in the Netherlands feel that way.

Many people might feel that way in Holland but many more people in Holland are also ashamed of what has happened .

Turkey is a backward country you stated in your post above .

What exactly you think that you have in your forward country and I don't have it in my supposedly backwards country ?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Oh no, it isn't! I know this is the card that is being played, but is not the issue at hand. The minister of foreign affairs was given all the possibilities to have a meeting in The Netherlands. There have been no bannings of travel or freedom of speech by itself. That would be against our own basic beliefs.

However, the Turks wanted a big public manifestation (+100k people) and called upon all Turks in the Netherlands to come on over, without the Dutch governements consent. The governement could not guarantee the safety of the people and therefor revoked the landingrights. From there the Turks escalated!
edit on 13/3/2017 by chrismir because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

A firmly secular constitution that is not in danger of becoming something else.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You dont seem to get how things work in real life .

Putin is broke and he is coming to get the goodies from Germens .

You can take that to bank .

Armenian allegations of Genocide doesn't make it so and as for your definition of " Backward " is nothing more than the justification of Emperialism ; I'll just sit back and smile while watching you immerse in your own delusional dreams .

Judging by your remarks on the Turkish genocide of Armenians and imperialism I am forced to conclude that it is not just your rudimentary grasp of the English language that is causing you to display such poor comprehension and delusion.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You think the constitution is there to " serve " you ?

Conspiracy site is where you are @ , so , come again ?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Judging by your remarks on the Turkish genocide of Armenians and imperialism I am forced to conclude that it is not just your rudimentary grasp of the English language that is causing you to display such poor comprehension and delusion.

This thread is about freedom of travel and freedom of speech .

Nice try but please stop trolling and flaming .

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismir

Oh no, it isn't! I know this is the card that is being played, but is not the issue at hand. The minister of foreign affairs was given all the possibilities to have a meeting in The Netherlands. There have been no bannings of travel or freedom of speech by itself. That would be against our own basic beliefs.

However, the Turks wanted a big public manifestation (+100k people) and called upon all Turks in the Netherlands to come on over, without the Dutch governements consent. The governement could not guarantee the safety of the people and therefor revoked the landingrights. From there the Turks escalated!

A women minister with a diplomatic immunity have been prevented illegaly to go her own merry way i.e the Turkish Embassy which is a Turkish Land according to internationla agreements .

I dont know how your media is playing this out but suffice to say that it is a scandal for the last 400 years the Dutch and Turks have never had anything like it in their cordial relations .

I will not even mention the support that the terrorists gets from various nations in EU , including Holland .

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I have studied my country's constitution so I do not think so, I know it is so.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Engaging in open discussion is neither trolling or flaming.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

A women minister with a diplomatic immunity have been prevented illegaly to go her own merry way i.e the Turkish Embassy which is a Turkish Land according to internationla agreements .

After the minister of foreign affairs was not allowed, they sent the minister of family affairs, who happened to be in Germany. They used multiple colones on various routes to mislead the Dutch authorities. The Turkish consulate ensured the mayor of Rotterdam no further events were planned and no more visits were expected, while they knew the minister of family affairs was on route. Again misleading in the dirtiest way. She had only one sneaky intent to go there, ignoring the Dutch governement completelly and have their rally.

This is not about freedom of speech/travel. This is about who can make calls on what happens on our soil.
edit on 13/3/2017 by chrismir because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I have studied my country's constitution so I do not think so, I know it is so.

Yeah ?

What country is that than ?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Backward Country argument is a well establish flame initiator and the Armenian issue is out right trolling .

You are also ignorant about few things pertaining to Turks it seems.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Backward Country argument is a well establish flame initiator and the Armenian issue is out right trolling .

You are also ignorant about few things pertaining to Turks it seems.

The truth is the fire that burns hottest.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join