It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch embassy and consulate in Turkey sealed off as diplomatic row escalates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

With mass rallies still ongoing at the consulate, the Dutch police asked Kaya to promptly leave the country for Germany, accompanied by a police convoy. "You must go back to the German border,” the police told the minister, as reported by NOS correspondent Robert Bas. However, the minister reportedly rejected the request, after police refused to let her address the protesters, NOS reported.
The Turkish minister has now been detained by Dutch police and is to be deported!

Deporting a diplomat from a foreign country?

That's one you don't hear everyday, and them sounds like fightin' words to me.

Turkish Minister Detained
edit on 11-3-2017 by antoinemarionette because: added quote

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

They're going to tow her ass to Germany!

Just when you think you've seen it all....

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep
Then if Turkey declares war they can all be deported as enemy aliens.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

This is a bizarre thing for sure . I wonder if Flynn plays some small but big part in this ?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
WTF! No i don't want her in my country either. She is the freaking minister of family affairs. She tried to attend a political rally in the netherlands. We have enough turkish ministers/diplomats flooding into our country under false pretenses. Great now they will be going to riot in our country next. # Erdogan!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yeah, but I still don't have a clue as to why this is happening.

Something about some action against the Turkish Finance Minister is all I could surmise.

What exactly did the Dutch do to piss the Turks off in in the first place?

I'm confused...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Turkish foreign minister wanted to address resident Turks at a rally. The Dutch government were worried about security, and refused to allow it.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

This is a bizarre thing for sure . I wonder if Flynn plays some small but big part in this ?

Interesting dots you are connecting, could you expand a little on that?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There are some tweets about the local police in Ankara heading to dutch diplomats to arrest them.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I'm also seeing tweets that Rotterdam is under a state of emergency within the inner city. This is getting crazy!
edit on 11-3-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Well Flynn worked as a lobbyist firm in the Netherlands and was hired by Turkey to look into or what ever into Fethullah Gülen who is held up in the US and is wanted in Turkey as well as being linked to the attempted coup ...I am not sure how one might connect those dots but they came to mind when reading your thread .

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thank you for clarifying. Was the protest being held by Turkish immigrants in Rotterdam rallying against the Dutch government in some way. Was the Minister there to fan the flames?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Oh yes, I do know what you are referring to now. Flynn is no longer in the picture, but I suppose there could be something more to it. Gulen is the guy Ergodan wanted shipped to Turkey, but Obama didn't allow it, right?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That would be my guess too. We currently have the same problem in Germany. I read some tweets about the turkish law and politicians are apparently not allowed to campaign in foreign countries. That explains the cloak and dagger crap we are now observing.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yes, I think that sums up the situation as I understand it. Latest report on Twitter is that the "Families" minister HAS been towed away.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I really dont see any upside for Turkey on this one... I cant see Turkey letting the guy (Geulen) who is in the US under asylum back into Turkey to give a speech.

Throwing around the Nazi word also is not helping Turkeys position either.
edit on 11-3-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Actually, a German friend just explained this to me in detail.

Erdogan is coming up for a power referendum and he's sending his ministers to foreign countries so that those with dual citizenship can vote for Erdogan. He wants to stay in power so he needs all the help he can get, including from those who no longer live in Turkey. However, Germany and Holland do not want his strongman political rallies on their territory, and have denied ministers to speak there. The upcoming referendum will give Erdogan even more power if he wins, making him president for life.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

but Obama didn't allow it, right?
Correct and George Webbs braverman files also links Gulen to the Muslim Brotherhood and the Awan family that was inside the US Govt and caught stealing highly classified stuff .

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
Actually, a German friend just explained this to me in detail.

Erdogan is coming up for a power referendum and he's sending his ministers to foreign countries so that those with dual citizenship can vote for Erdogan. He wants to stay in power so he needs all the help he can get, including from those who no longer live in Turkey. However, Germany and Holland do not want his strongman political rallies on their territory, and have denied ministers to speak there. The upcoming referendum will give Erdogan even more power if he wins, making him president for life.

It also revolves around Turkey changing their constitution that would, from what I have read, make Erdogen, essentially, a Sultan with massive power.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join