It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of people could live in space colonies orbiting the Earth in 20 years, expert claims

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
a reply to: DBCowboy
Elysium?

Only if Communist countries fall before Space colonization.

What 1950's communist countries would they be?

Living in the past...

edit on 11-3-2017 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2017 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
Elysium?

Only if Communist countries fall before Space colonization.

What 1950's communist countries would they be?

Living in the past...

Cuba, communist party, etc.

No seriously If America wanted, we would be a space colony by now. There used to be a race between America and Soviet to conquer space. Without any competition and green light given to corporations to do the work. Don't expect Halo Space station for the people.

"Those who think they are free are not actually free."
edit on 11-3-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I doubt that will happen in our lifetime. Just a hunch. I can't say I'd feel comfortable living in the middle of nothingness, out in space with god knows who.

That definitely doesn't sound like something i'd enjoy for any length of time. It's an interesting concept though.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

OK when that was going on there was such a project that involved Nuclear Propulsion.

Project Orion was a study of a spacecraft intended to be directly propelled by a series of explosions of atomic bombs behind the craft (nuclear pulse propulsion). Early versions of this vehicle were proposed to take off from the ground with significant associated nuclear fallout; later versions were presented for use only in space.

en.wikipedia.org...(nuclear_propulsion)

Hey I have an idea lets not do that.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think it would be a whole lot cheaper and better to just fix earth, but if that doesn't happen we can wait till all the rich gluttonous bastards are up there and fire a few missiles at them. That would go a long way to fixing things here as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
See it would take a while but given would could colonize our solar system....

www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Don't know about that, I am still waiting for the dehydrated food pill that turn's into a full roast dinner Jetson's style.

Maybe 50 years and even that is being overly optimistic, now if the same imagination was turned to the earth perhaps we could have city's in controlled environment domes Eden Project like in places like the Sahara, under water and even above the arctic circle, notice how lazy we are as a species when we could have done all that far more than 50 years ago but just leave those places un tapped and complain about global crisis while some deplorable characters make profit from the public neurosis on the subject.

I believe that in 50 years the Chinese may well have a space fleet and colony on the moon while the west has slipped further and further behind but in 20 years probably even they will just have a scientific space station.

Then again I am thinking on the anthropomorphic scale and of course there is the looming and nearly upon us prospect that with faster and more accurate 3d printing technology's, artificial intelligence and robot's that can build themselves or modify themselves to perform specific task's including building structures in space, in the asteroid belt, on the moon and mars, beneath the ocean's, in the polar region's then assuming they don't wipe us out or have a programming glitch then I could be wrong and it could well be in 20 years.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

OK when that was going on there was such a project that involved Nuclear Propulsion.

Project Orion was a study of a spacecraft intended to be directly propelled by a series of explosions of atomic bombs behind the craft (nuclear pulse propulsion). Early versions of this vehicle were proposed to take off from the ground with significant associated nuclear fallout; later versions were presented for use only in space.

Methinks that the nuclear devices actually used were not the same as we know of on earth in reality. the program went black from white and apparently exceeded their expectations.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Funny thing is, they still show Nuclear engines on spaceships in some Sci-Fi movies.

edit on 12-3-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The first problem would be loading a vessel[s], with anywhere between 30 million to 300, 000 1 megaton bombs.

Then sending them all up into earth orbit where they could be loaded to the ship that would use them for propulsion.

Or maybe being more conservative would be better?
edit on 12-3-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The next obvious step in developing nuclear weaponry would be to miniaturize the technology....

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The first problem would be loading a vessel[s], with anywhere between 30 million to 300, 000 1 megaton bombs.

Then sending them all up into earth orbit where they could be loaded to the ship that would use them for propulsion.

Or maybe being more conservative would be better?

So you launch them out on the ocean covertly to shoot it up into orbit. Might be why we had alot of missile testing in the past as a cover.
I also said...maybe the drive wasnt actually Nuclear at all. The Nuclear engine idea was to cover something else prolly.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Prolly I could turn my microwave oven into a gun as long as I know what I am doing.

Prolly if I dial the right number on my cell phone I can call the Intentional Space Station.

Prolly the Nazca lines had something to do with using the jet stream by humans that developed balloons capable to doing that.

Prolly Plasma wave propulsion is possible..

www.nasa.gov...

Prolly fast radio burst as a form of propulsion needs to be looked into...

www.sciencedaily.com...

Prolly humans are on there own .

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

If you are going to be condescending at least try to be original.
but point is Orion was not exactly as advertised.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

But then I would not have given you anything to smile about

Actually during my Indigenous upbringing the issues related to aliens and Orion specifically in this case with the belt of Orion. If you would like I can PM you the whole account but in relation to the gist, Alien from another place took control
of the planets of the Orion belt and have been since treating the earth and its people like entertainment.

And once mankind reaches a certain level of technology they arrange a meteorite to hit earth that sends mankind back to the proverbial stone ages intellectually.

I learned about this when I was very young and since then I looked into the issue from the standpoint of astrophysics.

As far as the Belt of Orion those stars while they appear to be aligned from our position on earth the actual distance between them is substantive. One could of course could consider that they form a line from some angle but in reality
not from ours. Also these are white stars and for an interplanetary culture a poor choice due to longevity of the stars for setting up a home base.

Further...

www.constellation-guide.com...

The problem with the Drake Equation is that it does not consider the amount of mass extinctions that have occurred on Earth and how that made life like us possible.

Admittedly many ancient cultures placed an emphasis upon this star system.

The thing with belief systems and even in relation to Scientism are that there are extremist positions and that was no different in the past. See when a meteorite hit the earth and wiped out all the Dinosaurs the result was human evolution.

When in the 250 thousand year span of humans on earth the majority of people who addressed/survived mass extinction events.

Had no consideration to the long term benefits to the survival of the species.

In relation to my ancestral beliefs the other side of the issue is that the mass extinction events. That occurred over the last 250,000 years did result in the destruction of several human civilizations that understood the earth as a sphere and traded at that scale.

Information as well as survivors with the specific knowledge of technology prior to the mass extinction events got involved in reinstating there civilization.

And this relates to how we as a species have developed.

In a manner of speaking being afraid of what is out their is a factor that has resulted in stagnation in relation to civilizations and myself I think otherwise.

edit on 13-3-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

True. thanks for the chuckle. Here is something though...why not preserve tech if possible to increase the evolutionary speed and pass the point where that jerk off can hit us down again?

COmmon sense dictates they would to that. But no evidence or remnants of said civs are laying around.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Imagine a man made structure the size of Texas in the Sahara Desert that is about 1000 ft. in altitude throughout.

The materials needed to make such a structure are all from our solar system and not from earth.

The sole purpose of this structure is as a farm.

There is another one to scale in every desert on our planet.

Taking into consideration the general rendition of Judea-Christian history. humans were different in respect to how the bodies were different from modern humans, originally developed in Africa. About 60 thousand years ago they were evident in Asia and Australia. From their it is presented that about 35,000 years ago they presented in Europe and about 13,000 years ago they presented in the Western Hemisphere.

How Human Beings Almost Vanished From Earth In 70,000 B.C.

www.npr.org...

A skull provides direct anatomical evidence that fills a problematic time gap of modern human migration into Europe. It is also the first proof that anatomically modern humans existed at the same time as Neanderthals in the same geographical area.

www.sciencedaily.com...

In respect to the Western Hemisphere...

Radiocarbon tests of carbonized plant remains where artifacts were unearthed last May along the Savannah River in Allendale County by University of South Carolina archaeologist Dr. Albert Goodyear indicate that the sediments containing these artifacts are at least 50,000 years old, meaning that humans inhabited North American long before the last ice age.

www.sciencedaily.com...

edit on 14-3-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join