It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Finds 6,932 NEW Documents Targeting Tea Party Community

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Judicial Watch put in a FOIA request in 2015 and it apparently got stalled.

It was about the IRS targeting of Conservative groups applying for a tax exemption.

Now JW says the IRS has responded (in court) and has suddenly located close to 7000 documents related to the request.

I wonder where they found them?

story and other links ...
IRS Finds 6,932 NEW Documents Targeting Tea Party Community

Judicial Watch announced today that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) reported to a U.S. District Court that it located “an additional 6,924 documents of potentially responsive records” relating to a 2015 Judicial Watch Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit about the Obama IRS targeting scandal. The FOIA lawsuit at issue sought records about the IRS selection of individuals and organizations for audits based upon applications requesting non-profit tax status filed by Tea Party and other 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organizations (Judicial Watch v. Internal Revenue Service (No. 1:15-cv-00220)).

These newly identified records are presumably not records that were contained in the “Congressional Database,” which the IRS created in 2013 to house records responsive to congressional inquiries into the IRS scandal.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds like a case of ... wait for it ... Obstruction of Justice.

Next to Hillary going to jail for the rest of her nasty little life ... this is the case I'd most like to see pursued. I would love to see Lois Lerner penniless, stripped of her pension, and wearing orange.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Just Lois?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
a reply to: Snarl

Just Lois?

I'm not greedy. In the IRS case, I'd be happy with anything we could get.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I wonder how this relates to Obama, Holder and his admin?

I would not want to be the one with out a seat at the end of ring around the rosies.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I would not want to be the one with out a seat at the end of ring around the rosies.

I thought that was musical chairs?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Good grief.They are as bad as the CIA.Shut down the IRS and institute a national sales tax.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yes, I think you are right. Ring around the rosies we all fall down. That ain't going to happen here.

Obama isn't going to have one lost nights sleep over this little deal.

If Trump follows through on his big talk. There are going to be some prison terms handed out.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

"If Trump follows through on his big talk. There are going to be some prison terms handed out."

If Trump ever stops having to put out fires he might be able to accomplish some of the things American's put him in office to accomplish. Unfortunately he has a strongly entrenched career bureaucracy and a very reluctant and compromised RINO party to contend with...I see his hands being tied for four years unless he figures it out.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I wonder how this relates to Obama, Holder and his admin?

Even though Obama never seemed to know about anything until he read it in the newspaper (from Fast and Furious to his tapping of Trump Tower), unless he is even more inept than he's proven to be, he had to know about the IRS targeting of conservative groups.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well, well... more evidence of abuse of powers. I am enjoying all the corruption of the last administration coming to light. We knew it was happening.
Perhaps Lois Lerner can now face some justice.
edit on 11/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Nothing has ever been done since judicial watch started there investigations, but this time its for real.

Still waiting on bush and cheney to be atrested for war crimes.

Yawn.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I am enjoying all the corruption of the last administration coming to light. We knew it was happening.
I am not going to change the channel anytime soon ...If Trumps team can get the flow of FOIA out the door then we can expect the show to be better then anything Hollywood has produced .

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Well, well... more evidence of abuse of powers. I am enjoying all the corruption of the last administration coming to light. We knew it was happening.

Interesting. Can you provide a link to the evidence that has been released by the IRS, in regards to this current lawsuit, which proves abuse of powers?
edit on 11-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Nothing has ever been done since judicial watch started there investigations, but this time its for real.

Yawn.

Well Lerner did resign over this after the investigation concluded "substantial evidence of mismanagement, poor judgment and institutional inertia". So, something did come of it. What we may find now is that, contrary to the first investigation, findings of "no evidence that any IRS official acted based on political, discriminatory, corrupt, or other inappropriate motives that would support a criminal prosecution" can be shown to be inaccurate and Lerner can be prosecuted.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Interesting. Can you provide a link to the evidence that has been released by the IRS, in regards to this current lawsuit, which proves abuse of powers?

Yes, the fact that nearly 7,000 documents relating to the case have been found when they should have been turned over at the time of the original investigation and included in the Congressional Database. We'll see if that evidence is circumstantial or not.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Yawn.

Well Lerner did resign over this after the investigation concluded "substantial evidence of mismanagement, poor judgment and institutional inertia". So, something did come of it. What we may find now is that, contrary to the first investigation, findings of "no evidence that any IRS official acted based on political, discriminatory, corrupt, or other inappropriate motives that would support a criminal prosecution" can be shown to be inaccurate and Lerner can be prosecuted.

So this time its true, someone is going to be disapointed, and it wont be me.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yes, the fact that nearly 7,000 documents relating to the case have been found when they should have been turned over at the time of the 2015 investigation. We'll see if that evidence is circumstantial or not.

So you don't have evidence of abuse of powers or corruption.

Ok.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yes, the fact that nearly 7,000 documents relating to the case have been found when they should have been turned over at the time of the 2015 investigation. We'll see if that evidence is circumstantial or not.

So you don't have evidence of abuse of powers or corruption.

Ok.

Yes - documents not included. That is evidence of a cover up, perhaps circumstantial, but we'll find out.
Given these documents are coming to light now, after the old administration has gone, one must wonder why these documents have not been made available for over 2 years since the date Judicial Watch first questioned whether their original FOIA request had been fulfilled.

www.judicialwatch.org...

Although the IRS discovered in February 2014 that some of Ms. Lerner’s emails were missing, it continued to rely on this same, incomplete database when it searched for records responsive to Plaintiff’s FOIA requests. It has not searched for backup tapes for email servers or hard drives that may contain the missing emails. Nor has it searched disaster recovery tapes or government-wide backup systems. All the IRS appears to have done is search this same database for emails from persons who sent or received emails to or from Ms. Lerner. The IRS will not even definitively state 3 whether the emails of Ms. Lerner’s assistant(s), who may have monitored or managed Ms. Lerner’s email account for her, are included in the database. This remarkable fact alone is a sufficient basis to permit limited discovery on the adequacy of the agency’s search efforts to date.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That is evidence of a cover up, perhaps circumstantial, but we'll find out.

I did not ask for evidence of a cover-up.

You said this was more evidence of abuse of powers and hinted at corruption.

I want to see that evidence which corroborates your specific claim.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join