It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Pruitt Says No to CO2 and Social Justice at EPA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes, Scott Pruitt has made his position clear, which is that of a man completely and entirely in the pocket of the fossil fuel industry. As governor of OK he turned the state into this country's earthquake central, thanks to his giving his oil buddies pretty much free range to frack the hell out it. Just because he's sued the EPA over and over again on behalf of his deep-pocketed benefactors doesn't mean he's got even the slightest clue about how the environment works or what it needs to survive. The only ones who'll benefit from Pruitt's reign are the oil companies, just like other industries under Trump - the rich will continue to get richer, while Trump's supporters will continue to be lied to. Tell me, where's Trump's economic plan for employment? You know, his plan for the forgotten Americans who lapped every word Trump threw up at them - those same words he now admits were just campaign promises that meant nothing to him. All he's done so far is set up his industry buddies with less so-called government restrictions, (but in reality just less of a way for the American people to make sure industry doesn't roll over us again). Now he wants to take away health care for 15ish million Americans. I wonder how many American who voted for Trump will lose their coverage. A lot, I bet. Yeah, Trump's awesome alright. Just ask Exxon, or the coal industry, internet providers, or Trump himself. If he's not already telling you how great he is, he soon will be. Donald Trump will turn out to be the most expensive US President in history. But don't worry, he won't be paying for a thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

You know what's really funny about global warming and all of their awful models, we're actually seeing exactly what the science would expect. The basic premise of CO2 as a greenhouse gas is established as being a logarithmic warmer. Yet, the models that these communities are trying to create have it being a linear warmer, or worse, an exponential warmer.

Since the 50's we've seen an increase of about 33% in CO2 (from ~300 ppm to ~400ppm). During that time the temperature has increased by about 0.6C. When we reach 500ppm, we can expect an increase of about 0.5C from current levels. When we reach 600ppm we can expect an increase of about 0.4C from the 500 levels. If we were to pump CO2 linearly into the atmosphere, we would see an increase of ~1.5C in about a 150 year period.

BUT we wouldn't see another 1.5C increase for another 300 years after that (assuming a continuation of linear addition of CO2). For the life of me, I can't figure out why some "scientists" seem to believe in feedback mechanisms that would accelerate warming, they haven't proven out.
edit on 14-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Tell me, where's Trump's economic plan for employment?

You haven't been paying very close attention, have you. Cutting regulation (started) and government bloat (started), repealing obamacare (in the planning phase), building the wall (taking bids), pulling out of TPP (done), lowering taxes (in the planning phase), building the keystone pipeline (in progress), expediting environmental reviews(done), and streamlining the federal government(in progress) are the economic plan for employment.

He's only been president for ~50 days. H'es got over 1,400 days to go.

See the last jobs report? Expected 190k, delivered 298k. Compare that to obama's last full month, december: Estimated 180k, delivered 156k. That's the beginning of the trump boom. Once congress gets in gear and starts actually implementing the cuts they need to approve, expect to see 500k jobs/month for a while.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I have been paying attention. Like his campaign, Trump's full of talk about how great things are going to be, and how much we're all going to love his 'improvements'. So far, all I see actually getting done is the elimination of rather obscure regulations which will allow his industrial buddies to make more money. And, News Flash, Trump's 50 days in office have nothing to do with the most recent jobs report, (the same report that while Obama was in office was regularly trashed by your team - but hey, why be consistent, eh?).

Talk about how great things will be isn't actually doing anything. FYI...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

There are even left-wing scientists who have admitted that water vapor causes 97% of the greenhouse effect in the Troposphere. I also forgot to add in my previous post that water vapor levels constitute 1% in cold areas, but in the tropics/warmer areas it constitutes 4% of all trace gases, meanwhile CO2 levels are around 0.04% of trace gases. But the AGW believers want to claim that the warming is being caused by CO2, and not by water vapor, or any of the natural changes the Earth and sun are undergoing which should affect the climate.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join