It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Pruitt Says No to CO2 and Social Justice at EPA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yez Doctor.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: rickymouse

It could alter the way energy flows through the earths crust.

O.K. so you are against fracking and North American energy independence because you think that the climate may be affected because it alters the way energy flows through the earths crust?
Do you have any proof of this?

I read a geology article on the subject of mines and earthquakes on weather patterns quite a few years ago, in fact, that was three computers ago. The link is long gone.

Fracking shares some of the characteristics of mining, it alters the way energy flows through the earths crust. All the evidence that fracking is safe was formed from small areas of fracking. Now we are doing large areas of fracking, even causing earthquakes in some states. Strangely these states where fracking is widespread are experiencing more storms causing damage. Or is it strange, I predict from reading this old evidence that there is a connection. I believe that it would be hard to find any evidence showing what I say is happening, it has been selectively removed from the net or is just buried by other crap so we can't find it. I used to have to go to page ten in the search to find things that were real, the newly put on evidence actually shoves the old posts way back. Now I have to go to page twenty or thirty sometimes to find what I am looking for or state exact wording in a certain order.

They went crazy on the fracking and if you notice, it is not the big oil companies that are doing it. They do not want to lose all their money when things go wrong. These little companies will just go bankrupt and their insurance will provide little relief. The insurance usually pays more to pay for legal fees than compensate anyone.

So the fracking steers more storms into populated cities that destroy more houses and businesses and increases jobs fixing these things. It also keeps the price of fuel down so we can go on more trips and turn up the thermostat, meaning we need more cars and the gas company employs more people and the government collects more taxes. Plus the jobs fracking creates add money to the economy by itself without the need for the storms and earthquakes destroying things.

Win Win for a while. Our weather seems to have improved since they started widespread fracking, the storms swing down to where the fracking is happening now, we win too, less snow to deal with. I shouldn't complain. Frack baby frack.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
What about the dust bowl? Was that man made climate change, and why hasn't it happened again or gotten worse?
edit on 11-3-2017 by AutonomousMeatPuppet because: .

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

So the fracking steers more storms into populated cities that destroy more houses and businesses and increases jobs fixing these things.

Do you think this steering of the weather towards cities is intentional?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet
What about the dust bowl? Was that man made climate change, and why hasn't it happened again or gotten worse?

Far as I know the dust bowl was caused by over farming and clearing lands of indigenous deep rooted plants that could store water during drought periods.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Would you please read the study and its summary.

Unless you mean to argue that climate change is temporary, then it is clear that the conditions supposedly caused by climate change will result in a permanent drought (arid condition) in the southwest.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

So the fracking steers more storms into populated cities that destroy more houses and businesses and increases jobs fixing these things.

No, I do not believe it is. We are just changing things. The homes were probably built in those areas because the tornadoes did not hit them. Altering the paths of the local weather patterns just moved the tornadoes and storms to different areas. Mining certain Mineral bodies seem to be more electromagnetically effecting than the fracking and that would cause more wide spread alterations than fracking does.

If a real lot of fracking is done, that could lead to bigger changes of patterns I suppose. There should be a way to correct this but it would take someone much more knowledgeable than me to do that and that person would have to have an open mind and be able to almost see what is going on in his mind.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

No, I do not believe it is. We are just changing things. The homes were probably built in those areas because the tornadoes did not hit them. Altering the paths of the local weather patterns just moved the tornadoes and storms to different areas. Mining certain Mineral bodies seem to be more electromagnetically effecting than the fracking and that would cause more wide spread alterations than fracking does.

If a real lot of fracking is done, that could lead to bigger changes of patterns I suppose. There should be a way to correct this but it would take someone much more knowledgeable than me to do that and that person would have to have an open mind and be able to almost see what is going on in his mind.

So there seems to be a difference between fracking and non fracking means of oil production?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Definitely. Drawing it out of pockets does not seem to cause any problems. Small amounts of Fracking aren't a problem either, but they are going crazy with the Fracking in some areas.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So, you actually have no argument against his statement?...

Hey, at least he is a lawyer telling the truth. Not like Obama who was and keeps being an institutional liar...
edit on 12-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Far as I know the dust bowl was caused by over farming and clearing lands of indigenous deep rooted plants that could store water during drought periods.

Well, you got that wrong as well buddy...

March 18, 2004 - (date of web publication)

NASA EXPLAINS "DUST BOWL" DROUGHT
Siegfried Schubert of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md., and colleagues used a computer model developed with modern-era satellite data to look at the climate over the past 100 years. The study found cooler than normal tropical Pacific Ocean surface temperatures combined with warmer tropical Atlantic Ocean temperatures to create conditions in the atmosphere that turned America's breadbasket into a dust bowl from 1931 to 1939. The team's data is in this week's Science magazine.

These changes in sea surface temperatures created shifts in the large-scale weather patterns and low level winds that reduced the normal supply of moisture from the Gulf of Mexico and inhibited rainfall throughout the Great Plains.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So, unless the EPA director reads the made up articles made by "Phage" he must be ignorant. Just another "Phage moment".

Just a question for ya Phage, do you have any idea since when Earth started warming up in the present, and ongoing cycle? The early 1600s. Since then water vapor, and CO2 levels would have also been increasing naturally. But that's one of the many facts you like to leave out.

I also wonder, how important would water vapor levels be to the Earth when water vapor molecules are 10 times more potent than CO2 molecules as a ghg, and more so when water vapor constitutes 1% of all trace gases on Earth's atmosphere meanwhile CO2 continues to be only 0.04% as a trace gas on Earth's atmosphere...

The following graph is showing how water vapor levels have on overall been increasing. But I digress, this graph only shows water vapor content in the atmosphere since the 1980s.

Here is another figure showing water vapor levels increasing from 1989-2004 by the IPPC.

www.ipcc.ch...

www.lmd.ens.fr...

BTW, if CO2 is supposed to "change temperatures globally" why is it that CO2 doesn't seem to be causing warming in the Antarctic?

data.remss.com...

Instead we have underwater volcanoes melting glaciers in the Antarctic. But that didn't stop the AGW brigade from claiming "it is the big, and evil CO2".

Underwater volcanoes, not climate change, reason behind melting of West Antarctic Ice Sheet

Or what about the fact that the Sun's activity was until recent years at the highest in over 1,000 years or more. Or what about the fact that Earth's magnetic field has been steadily weakening since at least the 1840s? How would that affect the climate on Earth? Or what about the several other natural factors which have been dramatically changing?

But I guess it must still be "the evil CO2" otherwise "you are ignorant because Phage tells you so".

edit on 12-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

edit on 12-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add link.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Definitely. Drawing it out of pockets does not seem to cause any problems. Small amounts of Fracking aren't a problem either, but they are going crazy with the Fracking in some areas.

What does fracking do underground to the formation? Why is it needed?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This guy Scott Pruitt is obviously an idiot and totally unqualified for the role he has been appointed to.
Like Dracula managing the blood bank.
Seriously, when 99% of the worlds experts all suggest rising man made co2 emissions are contributing to global warming and this fool can't see that?
Sheesh, i despair.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yabby
This guy Scott Pruitt is obviously an idiot and totally unqualified for the role he has been appointed to.
Like Dracula managing the blood bank.
Seriously, when 99% of the worlds experts all suggest rising man made co2 emissions are contributing to global warming and this fool can't see that?
Sheesh, i despair.

So it's 99% now?
Yes.. sheesh is the right expression.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

What does fracking do underground to the formation? Why is it needed?

Currents flow through the earth steadily. A mountain actually brings these currents up and mountains become geo-effective and the energy barrier on them is elevated. In other words, the charge builds on them and dissipates.

To explain this I have to tell you about surface charge. If we touch something cold with a conductor like water in it, like your tongue on a piece of cold steel, current flows from the warm to cold quickly, and enough to overpower the surface tension of our skin so our tongue gets welded to the metal. When we touch something, our charge on our body protects us from welding to it or blending molecules. If you overload the energy then bonds are broken and stuff starts to blend. The energy field of the cells is what protects us, also it keeps bacteria from eating us.

Ok, I tried to explain that, I do not know if it hurt or helped.

The atmosphere of the earth is created by energy barriers of different strengths and frequencies. It is powered from the sun and also the energy within the earth itself. The flow of energy from the core and the flow of magnetics through the crust form these barriers as they interact with the sun. If the sun dims, then our planet's energy field should respond by actually increasing output and still keep the earth warm somewhat. Everything is connected, everything interacts. If the sun snuffed out, our energy field would not do us much good.

Now the flow of energy through the crust is a part of this, there is a constant current moving through the crust. If an earthquake happens it alters this flow but the natural plate tectronic energy is part of this current moving too. A wave lapping on the shore means energy is flowing through the crust for many miles. Lightning striking the ground is dissapated through the crust and electrolytic action of the soil. It creates waves of energy in this rock. Energy creates frequency waves, life counts on the proper frequency to interact with the DNA of life forms to form in the proper way.

I am even getting lost in my trying to explain this.

So fracking too much changes the flow of energy from the crust to mountains and to the sea, this alters frequencies and energy levels if done too much. It alters the surface tension charge disappated from elevated areas. So it changes the way weather patterns form.

Look at the way lightning hits skyscrapers, why does it do this. Because energy from the earth is drawn to the sky or energy from the sky is drawn to the earth. Cities are geoeffective too. They alter weather patterns if the buildings are high enough to alter the field around them. They can create a permanent high pressure area or a permanent low pressure area depending on how the geomagnetics are around them. Project ELF created a standing high in this area when it was running, it actually is one of the reasons they developed HAARP to do more research.

Tesla attempted to tap into this with his inventions, modeled after pyramids. The thing with the pyramid areas is that they got greedy and stripped the clay out of soils to make pottery and what happened, things turned into deserts. Manmade deserts. Also look at the big stones they made from the earth and how they restructured the landscape. Pyramids were put in holy places, places where there was underground flowing water and the energy was harnessed to do weather modification in the area. Just like HAARP attempted to control weather. What they found with HAARP is that there are automatically corrections that occur and it is way harder to control weather modification than they thought.

Everything ties together, the fracking of the earth makes a change and that change is hard to determine, some places may get nicer, some may get worse.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: UKTruth

You can agree or disagree with the cabinet picks from Trump.

What's absolutely priceless is the panic and head-exploding going on with the leftists!

what will be absolutely priceless is when trump starts screwing over republican voters.....

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: UKTruth

You can agree or disagree with the cabinet picks from Trump.

What's absolutely priceless is the panic and head-exploding going on with the leftists!

what will be absolutely priceless is when trump starts screwing over republican voters.....

not as priceless as election night around 11 pm
that was priceless msnbc in particular

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Well, you got that wrong as well buddy...

No I didn't.

Your NASA article only explains the weather at that point. There is far more to it than that.

Which I already summarized in the post you responded to. Of course it is small summary. I dont like to gish gallop articles if people want to know every detail they can look it up.
edit on 12-3-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
CO2 has reached 407 ppm this year. It seems like CO2 increase is speeding up. In large quantities, CO2 is bad for health as it displaces oxygen. It gives a stuffy feeling. Personally, I think CO2 has minimal effect on climate, but that's just me.

www.esrl.noaa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join