It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Go buy Ivanka’s stuff,’ Kellyanne Conway said. Then Ivanka's fashion sales exploded

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
Get a grip, OP. Her brand saw increased sales due to the undeserved Liberal witch hunt and because it was being carried by less expensive retailers than Nordstrom.

You're right about one thing, this is old news. If you call this news.

Sorry to melt your snowflake but Kellyanne isn't going anywhere. First female campaign manager to win a presidential election but she's treated like dirt by the left and feminists because she 1. doesn't look like a man and 2. won it for Trump.

The old ATS would've closed this thread.

I miss the old ATS.

She still broke the law. Period. That is ALL I care about, whether or not Ivanka's brand benefitted from it is not important.

FYI: You hardly qualify as having an understanding of what the "old ATS" was....

How about you

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

It's an ethics code, not a law. In any event, she can simply say she was joking and was not being serious.

edit on 13-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: spelling

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: alphabetaone

It's an ethics code, not a law. In any event, she can simply say she was joking and was not being serious.

No, it's a regulation to implement a statute that has been passed by Congress that (in theory) must adhere to the Constitution, effectively "Administrative Laws".

A statute is defined as

STATUTE an act of the legislature, adopted pursuant to its constitutional authority, by prescribed
means and in certain form such that it becomes the law governing conduct within its scope. Statutes
are enacted to prescribe conduct, define crimes, create inferior government bodies, appropriate
public monies, and in general to promote the public good and welfare. Lesser governmental bodies
adopt ordinances; administrative agencies adopt REGULATIONS

So, I hate to burst your bubble, but she did, in fact, break the law.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join