It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Go buy Ivanka’s stuff,’ Kellyanne Conway said. Then Ivanka's fashion sales exploded

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Or, to put it differently: if Eric Holder can sell guns illegally to citizens of a foreign nation and not go to prison, i have no idea why on earth we are even talking about this. Obviously tere are no laws to break, if our nations highest legal counsel can do that kind of thing.

Some people tend to twist things such that pointing out misdeeds but not others is some form of immediate excusal of the ones not pointed out.

I thought to prevent thread drift we were to remain on topic, at least many of the posts I've had removed certainly said that. So, in an effort to not have to expose myself to needless censorship, I decide not to include all those other misdeeds that are not directly relevant to the topic at hand.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
OP, do you think Ivanka's record sales are to do with what Kelly Ann Conway said, or more to do with the fact that her products were banned....

Honestly, what I think is not nearly as important as what the end result was.

I think it's very likely the sales spike was generated from spite....those purchasing simply because various outlets dropped the line.

What I still know, irrespective of what I think, is that laws were broken and that is ALL this thread is truly about.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: UKTruth

Why do care so much about me answering another member's question that you saw the need to attack me?

This is a forum not a personal conversation.

To answer your question, I care about highlighting the hypocrisy and vitriol of those that attacked Ivanka Trump to try and ruin her business and those that want Kelly Ann Conway's career ruined. It's the same hypocrisy and vitriol being demonstrated daily by those that are upset at the election loss and things not going their way.

Now, why do you care so much about Kelly Anne Conways statement?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

In my direct response to this sentence:

So pointing out that someone broke the law is now whining?

Im stating that the media, as proxies for the DNC, are being very selective about the laws they feel are broken in support of my assertion that yes, indeed, their behavior amounts to whining. That whole ignoring the board in their eye to whine about the splinter in someone else's.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Where am I beating any drum? Someone asked what law Conway broke. I cited the law. Someone else asked how that law applied to Conway. I cited the relevant sections. Are we not supposed to answer questions if it makes members of this administration look bad?

Im not referring to you beating a drum. I don't know you. I have no idea if you even have a drum to beat.

Im going after the ball, not the player.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

OP, do you think Ivanka's record sales are to do with what Kelly Ann Conway said, or more to do with the fact that her products were banned....

I think it's very likely the sales spike was generated from spite....those purchasing simply because various outlets dropped the line.

What I still know, irrespective of what I think, is that laws were broken and that is ALL this thread is truly about.

Your thread was about Ivanka Trumps sales also - and you inferred clearly in the title that it was due to what Kelly Anne Conway said.

‘Go buy Ivanka’s stuff,’ Kellyanne Conway said. Then Ivanka's fashion sales exploded

I think that inference was wrong, which you seem to be agreeing with now, although I do not think it was spite either. I think it is conservatives and moderates acing to reject the vitriol of those trying to ruin people because of political beliefs.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

But really?

Should she be fired for a minor indescretion born of naivete?

I should be clear here: i think she should be fired for a million reasons. I have no idea what she is doing in the white house. But the petty bickering about trivial minutia makes me ill.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But really?

Should she be fired for a minor indescretion born of naivete?

Nope. But for the many minor indiscretions borne of naivete.

I should be clear here: i think she should be fired for a million reasons.

Agreed. And this was yet one more on the pile.

I have no idea what she is doing in the white house. But the petty bickering about trivial minutia makes me ill.

And that's your prerogative, to get ill....I, unlike you, do not find an infraction of ethics law (large or small, ignorant or otherwise) to be trivial in the least bit. Yet, I respect your right to trivialize anything you wish.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Oh good grief, get over yourself.
There's nothing inappropriate here.
You guys need to accept that Trump won and this is his crew. You guys are sickening in all your silly attempts to get everyone fired. Grow up.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

You guys need to accept that Trump won and this is his crew. You guys are sickening in all your silly attempts to get everyone fired. Grow up.

Amen.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I've said a few times already that *I* was not making the claim, the article made the claim about rising sales. I'm concerned with the etchis of what Conway said and the illegality of said endorsement.

Are you clear on it NOW?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

I'm sorry, I have been living under a rock. Can you point me towards where I can research the appropriateness of breaking the law? There's a few I've been dying to break for some time now.

You guys need to accept that Trump won and this is his crew.

Who guys? Who are "us" guys? *I* personally know he won, and I know who his 'crew' is...that does not predicate my desire to having them conform to Ethics and the Code of Law.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I've said a few times already that *I* was not making the claim, the article made the claim about rising sales. I'm concerned with the etchis of what Conway said and the illegality of said endorsement.

Are you clear on it NOW?

Don't be so concerned. It was nothing - and nothing will come of it, rightly so.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Are you clear on it NOW?

Don't be so concerned. It was nothing - and nothing will come of it, rightly so.

You'll have to excuse me if I let me decide what to be concerned about, and not let a foreigner decide that something is "nothing" with respect to what I expect out of my elected leaders and their 'crew'.
edit on 12-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Are you clear on it NOW?

You'll have to excuse me if I let me decide what to be concerned about, and not let a foreigner decide that something is "nothing" with respect to what I expect out of my elected leaders and their 'crew'.

You are excused.
Enjoy your exercise in futility.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

i can quote official documents too

using public office for their own private gain for the private gain of

but i can also comprehend what they really say

so :

how was ms conways statement " using public office " ?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

But the petty bickering about trivial minutia makes me ill.

Me too

The further out we get from day one - I notice people like Conway are showing up less and less. Maybe because people made such a big deal out of it - but it doesn't matter

The internet makes this all possible - focusing on stupid crap and regurgitating it over and over again until it's meaningless. The big stories are starting to get the attention they deserve now that everyone is getting their sea legs

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
She didn't have malicious intent.

oh, that's a bunch of BS. you think the grown kids of trump don't have an idea why they are doing so well?.....give me a break, even trump voters aren't that stupid

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i can quote official documents too

using public office for their own private gain for the private gain of

but i can also comprehend what they really say

so :

how was ms conways statement " using public office " ?

Not applicable to the concerns at hand.

Move along.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: xuenchen
She didn't have malicious intent.

oh, that's a bunch of BS. you think the grown kids of trump don't have an idea why they are doing so well?.....give me a break, even trump voters aren't that stupid

I think most Trump supporters are clear on why the Trump kids are doing so well. It's support in the face of liberals trying to ruin people's lives over politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join