It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Go buy Ivanka’s stuff,’ Kellyanne Conway said. Then Ivanka's fashion sales exploded

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: alphabetaone

I think this post speaks to a different perspective, too:

4 million free advertisements for Ivanka Trump posted online. conway said something once, and from there it echod incessantly.

No, it was actually a reaction to Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus boycotting her products and removing them from shelves.

Perfect point.

What is going on here is, essentially, "post hoc, ergo proptor hoc" thinking. From "Carl Sagan's Toolkit For Detecting Baloney":

www.brainpickings.org...

post hoc, ergo propter hoc — Latin for “It happened after, so it was caused by” (e.g., Jaime Cardinal Sin, Archbishop of Manila: “I know of … a 26-year-old who looks 60 because she takes [contraceptive] pills.” Or: Before women got the vote, there were no nuclear weapons)

edit on 3/11/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

4 million free advertisements for Ivanka Trump posted online. conway said something once, and from there it echod incessantly.

Indeed. If only the Federal Government and (the USA as a whole) were a product it would be sheer brilliance.

I would counter with, "indeed, if only the "free press" in the US existed, instead of "media", we wouldn't have mudslinging fluff pieces controlling the news cycle".

Conway didn't do this all alone. She simply said the words once. It was the echo that did it.

And I would counter with, 'precisely how many people does it take to break a law before the law is actually broken and how many times must it be broken before it's considered broken?'

Media or fluff plays no part in this because the words came out of her mouth on live TV....no chance for spin at that moment....no one was forcing her to say it and even if a gun was to her head she should have had the patriotism to say "go on and pull the trigger then"....whether or not she decided to say it alone, she is personally responsible for the words coming out in real-time and she could have chose not to say them (ie., endorse).

It wasn't fair to target Ivanka, I agree....I however do not agree with breaking the law because some pansies find themselves in the unique position of finding out the 'world aint fair'
edit on 11-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

"And I would counter with, 'precisely how many people does it take to break a law before the law is actually broken and how many times must it be broken before it's considered broken?"'

....it's all relative, depends on if you're a Clinton or just a citizen.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Why does a Billionaire's trophy wife even need a business? Is acting and modeling tanking?

Seriously, Trump probably cares 1,000x more than her about what her business actually makes. He just forces her to be involved with the design part because she's a woman. He's mastered this skill over 3 wives, and now he's at the top designing clothing and jewelry.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well Ivanka does have very pretty dresses in her fashion line. They are definitely worth buying.

But I think the reason people started buying from her fashion line was not because of what Kellyanne Conway said, but because some stores were bullied into not carrying her line anymore by hardcore liberals. It was an anti-boycott action by Trump supporters.

Sal

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80
Why does a Billionaire's trophy wife even need a business? Is acting and modeling tanking?

Seriously, Trump probably cares 1,000x more than her about what her business actually makes. He just forces her to be involved with the design part because she's a woman. He's mastered this skill over 3 wives, and now he's at the top designing clothing and jewelry.

Ivanka is Trump's daughter, Melania is Trump's wife. Perhaps you should learn a little more about Trump and his family before you start slandering them.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Indeed. If only the Federal Government and (the USA as a whole) were a product it would be sheer brilliance.

I would counter with, "indeed, if only the "free press" in the US existed, instead of "media", we wouldn't have mudslinging fluff pieces controlling the news cycle".

Conway didn't do this all alone. She simply said the words once. It was the echo that did it.

And I would counter with, 'precisely how many people does it take to break a law before the law is actually broken and how many times must it be broken before it's considered broken?'

'

Just 1. And I see no issue with proceeding as appropriate in that regard.

I don't care to have an opinion on whether she did or not. I'd likely not fire someone for doing something dumb and naive, but if i had to i would i guess.

A conviction would certainly force my hand. Nonetheless...im just arguing against the chain of logic that goes from Conway saying something to more product being sold, as it seems to whitewash involvement of a lot of people along the way.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Outright endorsements are, IMO, not acceptable for anyone in any admin. Partnerships with companies for legit reasons is obviously one thing, but a personal endorsement, such as "Hey, run to JCP & buy their St John's Bay line, it's awesome!" is bulls#. This is illegal for a damn good reason -- to prevent that unfair advantage for making moolah piggy-backing off of their friends/family in high positions. The president or anyone in his admin pitching his daughter's products is an unfair advantage for Ivanka.

People should be smart enough to know and understand this, but we are America so...zero smarts on the subject is a given.

Ivana is the ex-wife. Ivanka's his daughter with her (the daughter he's called a piece of ass, if that jogs any memories) Reword your post as necessary

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

im just arguing against the chain of logic that goes from Conway saying something to more product being sold, as it seems to whitewash involvement of a lot of people along the way.

It does, I agree.

Yet, wars have begun (think yellowcake and Joe Wilson) with significantly less empirical evidence...so, I guess I can't blame them for making what on the surface seems to be a solid correlation.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

The disconnect shows that my experience of these people is accurate without specifically speaking about Trump.

Would you prefer the question: Why does anyone in the Trump Family need to be making Millions of Dollars? Wasn't Trump like the ultimate bread winner? At what point is it greed?

My family operates similar to this, we're worth almost 200m now and everyone is pressured to get jobs and make money constantly from the bread winner at the top. Not mild pressure either; make millions or you're cut off type talk. I've made several businesses at this point and won't be allowed to stop. Trump abuses his own family, not just America. It's the same exact thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Conway said something and you think it caused a boost in sales so you think she should be fired.

there are lots of people who say things that I disagree with. But I don't think they should be fired.

*shrugs*

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Trump abuses his own family, not just America. It's the same exact thing.

So helping to mold great, successful, hard working people is now considered "abusing" your family? Wow, just...wow. As Yoda would say: Blinded by hate you are, relieved you are not President, I am.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You would think making someone rich at any expense is a great thing to do if you were ignorant.

You just don't understand. Trump forcing his family to do these things is akin to his idea of 'homework'. This power relationship will last her entire life however until he dies.

So now being rich is okay if you're forced into labor? What a mind****. My first multi-million dollar business wasn't enough to retire? He's creating a lineage, he doesn't give a flying flip about 'the hard working man', he wants his children to work as little as possible and work smart, 'but never stop working'. By the time they're done 'owning things' half of the lower class will be dead.

Edit: Star tho for Yoda talk
edit on 11-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

Ps. Making money is honestly at the top comparable to an intellectual choice. Not a measure of work.
This suggests easily what many wouldn't believe, the majority just choose to stop accepting money when they realize their personal economic effect on the entire economy verses their potential to create money. There is plenty of evidence of this. Bill Gates has in the past donated unfathomable amounts of money, realizing at any time if he wants more he can create it. Trump is not one of these people, he is a squirrel, with 1 billion nuts. And as god as his witness, no one shale steal a nut.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So, the Russians are NOT to blame?

Wasn't there threads about Ivanka's line tanking long ago and people applauding?

What about all the hoopla about her wearing her own jewelry/bracelet and the press flipped out saying she was advertizing?

People who don't like it only have themselves to blame.

I'm glad her product is soaring and it's so not because of Conway.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Would there be an equal story on this matter had sales taken a sudden and decisive slump after this "endorsement"?
Do you really think we fashionable ladies get our advice from a political operative? Those beautifully dressed ladies in the Donald's life are the cause of the sales bump. What woman among us wouldn't like to look like that?

Fire her? I'm more of a softie like BBFT. Doesn't seem like a hanging offense. Was anyone actually harmed by this speech? If her endorsement meant that some other line lost money, and could prove it...there might be a case. But if her endorsement simply increased sales across the country how is that a bad thing? Retailers and state governments will be happy for the extra income.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So, if the Governor of a State like say Alaska were to promote Wild Alaskan Salmon over farm raised, the Governor should be immediately impeached for promoting a product?

Cuomo is toast.

Promoting companies products on a government website. For shame.

Can this partisan crap get any more silly

This dude promoting Solyndra while acting on behalf of the government looks familiar?

I find this thing very interesting and it may just apply here -

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Endorsing a product or supporting it is a free speech issue I'd think. So is opposing it which both customers and stores have the right to do.

There is not really a conspiracy topic qualified subject in this is there?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'd agree the outrage is unwarranted :-) Why the heck shouldn't they be allowed to promote things?

It's not like he finishes his sentences "Brought to You By Carl's Junior!" yet. Trump is taking "Bad publicity is still publicity" to a whole new level. My issue is with the dynamic.

I'm for free speech; the clear culprit is the media that's trying to start fire promoting it themselves. The real question is that warranted in their job description? No. It's division tactics. They want Ivanka's beautiful clothing line to be a symbol, one that separates. Clothes should just stay beautiful.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
(the daughter he's called a piece of ass, if that jogs any memories)

Well the thing is, it was not Trump that said it, it was Howard Stern. Trump just did not get offended and pissed off about it while bragging about his daughters beauty.

Perhaps you should reword your own post as necessary???

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Conway said something and you think it caused a boost in sales so you think she should be fired.

there are lots of people who say things that I disagree with. But I don't think they should be fired.

*shrugs*

No, Forbes and Lyst think what Conway said (because they are actually the professionals on the subject) caused a boost in sales, and I think she should have been fired for actually breaking the law set forth by the Office of Governmental Ethics...you want to fight the law? Take it up with the proper agency.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join