It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Cognitive Dissonance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: AppreIron
a reply to: amazing

She cheated. Tried the same in the Presidential Election but failed. Same could have happened in democratic primary, but didn't. Democratic voters willingly voted for Hillary. The opposite of TrueBrits assertion. Dude needs a hard look in the mirror to better understand his role in this life.

Hillary lost because she incompetent, the choices given where a joke, trump the tard and hillary the witch, but do keep believing what the lame stream media is telling you, it shows in your post.

and you keep believing what alt-right blogs tell you, because what they say, reinforces your emotional beliefs, not rational ones.

Im sorry i think you replied to the wrong poster. I loath the right wieners myself personaly.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Thanks for the OP, I believe that Democrats embody and personify cognitive dissonance: "Basically Democrats require two core constituencies for their existence, and without them they would cease to exist. One is a permanent and dependent underclass that is easily manipulated with lies and the promise of free stuff.. And the second is the ever present and perpetual victim class. Democrats deal in others misery, despair, unrest, and manufactured victimization is their lifeblood, and they must keep it all alive by any means necessary in order for them to maintain any kind of power while preaching Hope and Change, etc.

I think the classic example of Democrat Party CD was on display at their convention when Bernie and Warren laid out their dystopian image of America today when compared to Bill Clinton's much more optimistic walk down memory lane. So, is America a country which is according to Bernie and Warren just days away from a revolution in the streets or is America the sunny world of Obama/Hillaryland that Bill Clinton portrayed?
edit on 11-3-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
For the record I think there are some better democrats that could rule as democrats from a more centrist perspective.

Gabbard And Webb come to mind, but if the party is going to sideline their best, then what?

I would like to see a Gabbard VS Trump in 2020, and then Gabbard win to calm America down, clearly with thinking like that I am not a Republican.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The Democarts' idea of helping the common man, the little guy, went from policies that made it easier for the little guy succeed to policies that gave the little guy everything.

There is a vast difference between the two, but for Democrats the second is the better route because it guarantees that once they are in control of being the givers, they are the ones the little guy is dependent on. It's then no longer a matter of having to convince the little guy he wants to vote for you but simply a matter of threatening everything the little has. Fear will keep him in line.

For that reason, they work overtime playing Santa to one group while they work hard to drum up envy in the rest by convincing you that you're the victim of someone who took what you should have.
edit on 11-3-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AppreIron

Jokes of your society?

You seem to have a problem with the poor. But are you aware that there are poor people working ten times harder for half a percent of what lazy rich folk earn? A meritocracy would see that hard work and reward it properly. Seems the system is wrong, when an honest person cannot earn an honest living, even though they work like machines. If there is a joke, it is that people who can be considered poor, are the people who really make your industries work, keep the place tidy, those who serve the food you eat when out, those who work the bar you like to drink at. The poor are some of the hardest working people in society, and you call them a joke?

And what is your problem with the weak, exactly? Do you think they have less of a right to life, to peace, to freedom, just because they are frail of body? Do you deny the genius of Stephen Hawking, simply because his body failed where his mind flourished? Let me ask you this, does the disabled person who fights crippling muscular degeneration, or bone disease every day, who still leaves the house despite being absolutely fatigued by the time they leave their home, who goes to work and comes back again ten times as tired as his able bodied counterpart, seem weak to you? If so, go get yourself a real problem, why don't you? I think it would prove instructive.

As for abortionists, that is not even a legitimate phrase to use. No one is suggesting that all babies ought to be aborted, just that a woman has a right to choose what happens to her, not to be ruled by her biology. If she is more focused on getting some money behind her, taking advantage of working opportunities which her idiot boss will not provide if she becomes pregnant, why should she abstain from sex, just to access those opportunities and please the puritans? Again, get off your high horse!

And as for your assertion that the LGBT crowd are part of the joke in your society, let me tell you something about LGBT persons. The vast majority that I have met in my life have thicker skins than you or I could even dream of. These are people who have had to fight for their rights, every single little one of them. In some states, its the right not to have electroshock torture applied to ones gonads between the ages of twelve and eighteen. For some people, it is simply the right to live as a couple with equal protections under the law, as those given a man and a woman in the same circumstances. You have no firm ground to call any of these noble, capable, strong willed and tenacious people, jokes, or suggest that they are somehow lesser beings.

You know who ARE lesser beings? Supremacists, phobics, the quiver kneed, gutless peons who would rather see freedom and liberty collapsed by corporatism and blind nationalism, than accept that the weakest thing about their society, is themselves.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Cognitive dissonance 101:

Dems own candidate Hillary Clinton cheated to win the primaries over Bernie Sanders.

Dems now can't get over believing that Trump (and some mystery Russians) cheated to win the election.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join