It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandpa had Cancer? You're Fired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
H.R. 1313 is going through Congress right now, and it basically is bypassing Obama's genetics law. This new law will allow employers to demand that you provide your DNA results. Now, of course you cant be fired(wink, wink) if you have a family history of genital warts, BUT, you were not hired because you just didnt fit what we were looking for. mmmmmkay.

Excerpt from the actual Bill...
(b) Collection Of Information.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the collection of information about the manifested disease or disorder of a family member shall not be considered an unlawful acquisition of genetic information with respect to another family member as part of a workplace wellness program described in paragraph (1) or (2) offered by an employer (or in conjunction with an employer-sponsored health plan described in section 2705(j) of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 300gg–4(j))) and shall not violate title I or title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (Public Law 110–233). For purposes of the preceding sentence, the term “family member” has the meaning given such term in section 201 of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (Public Law 110–233).

www.congress.gov...

Its already passed the House...
fortune.com...

To me, I get that health programs are needed as a poopload of money is lost through sickdays and we all know about insurance, but Cmon, even as a Conservative, I can see this is an attempt to wedd out someone who MIGHT, get sick. It really is an attack on all of us.

NOTE__Is there a way to find out who lobbied for this bill? I think the congressional website should be made to show it.

I looked here, but no info...www.opensecrets.org...

edit on 11-3-2017 by lakenheath24 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Already posted.

Please post your comments here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

join