It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just noticed that ATS has an Art forum, so im sharing some of my work.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

I am no art critic, but I really think you have talent.
Thank you for sharing, if you get any negatives, I will be VERY surprised.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Love this thread! Brian, your art is excellent. I love your use of shade on the portraits.

Reading this thread makes me happy.

Art/the creative impulse will save humanity.

I agree with Augustus that you capture something essential in that Dexter portrait (though never watched the show, I have an idea about the character). Also the Deniro portrait captures a certain unique Deniro quality.

The money art is very creative!
edit on 11-3-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
WOW! Most impressive! Thank you for sharing these!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Ya, but I despise having to wait for things to arrive.
If I have inspiration and am in the zone, I'd spend thousands to get what I need right then and there.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

We live in a smaller city, so when it comes to most things Michaels is the way to go.
Usually we can find a 40-50 % off coupon.

My wife and I have started making polymer clay creatures for a stop animation.
It's a very long process. Not only the creatures, but the sets and story board...very long indeed

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I'm totally with you, I can't wait for something I want right now lol. Luckily I have some great stores near me. Michael's is almost double in cost compared to other stores which is a huge rip off..

I have always wanted to do stop motion too! I watched a documentary on Netflix recently on Nick park. The whole process seems so fun.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Very nice work indeed. I typically use the same media you do...prismacolors are the shizzle!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Awesome work! Are you by chance a member of deviant art? My wife just discovered it last month, and posts pretty neat stuff like you. I envy high level artists such as you, and her ect.... It takes a natural talent to be good at it. Best I can do are stick figures, it would take years of practice to even be half as good, but I have been told that tracing and sketching is a good start. I highly recommend you join deviant art! Or atleast check it out on the ios, and google play store if you have a smart phone.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I'll have to check that movie out.
Stop motion is really simple. Your only really limited by the armature you create and your imagination.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

MCA - Adam Beastie - the sensuality of his mouth made me tear up. Very Beautiful. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Love your stuff!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm seeing Bradley Cooper on the 5 dollar bill?!? Very nice work.. All of them. a reply to: Brian4real

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Really cool work! I show in a serious variety of places and that would sell here, good job.

I mostly do oils and acrylics, on canvas or wood, or found objects, but I do like drawing because it is the basis for painting.
There really is a ton of room for really interesting art in every medium and I like what you are doing. We are on a frontier of new mediums and tech, so it's fun to be an artist right now.

I like your Jimi the most, I think 1) because its abstract and colorful and 2) because I went to the same high school as him, my locker had "jimi's locker" scratched in it. Not sure if that was accurate since it's like trusting graffiti

Share as much as you feel like, it's very refreshing to have around here

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Nice, thanks for sharing! I like the "Cradle to the Grave" and Clock/Rose a lot. Also, do you have anymore Trash Polka(or the other way around I'm thinking tattoos)?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Very nice indeed. Your Polka Trash Skull would look great as a T-shirt design

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

You woke up the dormant forum back for me, wow! just wow....!

Haaa i am starring at them all in awe! absolutely beautiful and amazing

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Do you frequent reddit? I seen that Rick/Abraham 5 dollar bill posted on the front page a little while ago, good stuff.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Wow! Not only is it great, you're "Multi-media!"

It's all awesome, but what really struck me was how "real" the faces are. The eyes actually seem to be conveying emotion as the real life persons' do.

I can see (someone, not me) being able to draw a "Rick" that's easily identifiable as Rick, for example, but it looks like you could do a seamless transition from your rendition to a live video of what follows the moment captured. How you're able to capture each specific person's eyes so accurately and "alive" just baffles me. It's the difference between an accurate portrayal and something transcendent.

I could rave on and on about many aspects, as well as your ability with different types of drawing/coloring, but I'm no art critic, so I'll just leave it at: Simply Incredible.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I love the second one with abe on the bill-but I think my work is better, I call this one 'Old man can't use smart phone.'

Notice the intricate brushwork and the subtle tones and...who am I kidding I failed art in high school but you on the other hand would've got an A+ and that's the grade I'd give these pieces of art, nicely done.
edit on 12-3-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

As ATS rules all....we demand you to get back and show us the pencil work! hehe
Would love to see some of your work, anyone and everyone's here, this guy started something awesome =)

I keep coming back to this

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join