It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Actually Real and What isn't??? Please tell me...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: daniel2sxc

NOPE!

Mirrors are a HOAX, duh!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
is hoaxing a real thing? Im confusing myself

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
"Cold hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is gray , and yellow white'
But we decide which is right
....And which is an illusion"
Moody Blues

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

TT i forgot thanks

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: truthtalk44

you were watching a flat earth video, weren't you?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

What's real is the desire to serve those you love.

What's real is the desire to be loved.

Everything else is the machinations of bored minds, cold hearts, and glorified hobbies.

Although, the world has ensured that we consider the latter very real so that we can do the former things!

I am as curious as anyone. However, if I am ignorant about something even after I've diligently sought an answer, then I am content to put that on the shelf for a while.

I can't imagine someone rocking back and forth holding their head because they realized that the earth is a ball.

That means someone needs a boyfriend or a girlfriend... Unless you're already married. In that case, go back to that reality and do something good with it.

The birds do not care about the shape of the earth, neither from whence gravity is derived - just as long as none of it changes in mid-flight!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Whateveryou perceive in your mind becomes real to you..

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

No. They aren't fake. Except maybe for Bigfoot and aliens. But even those might be real.

Sites like this one are kind of dangerous for some people (like you) who are gullible and over-eager to listen to nutjobs.
I really hope you are being sarcastic, but somehow I doubt it. And that is very seriously concerning. Thinking like that is delusional. Please don't fall for it.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Excerpt from Gerontion by T. S. Elloit 1920

These with a thousand small deliberations
Protract the profit of their chilled delirium,
Excite the membrane, when the sense has cooled,
With pungent sauces, multiply variety
In a wilderness of mirrors. What will the spider do,
65 Suspend its operations, will the weevil Delay?
De Bailhache, Fresca, Mrs. Cammel, whirled
Beyond the circuit of the shuddering Bear In fractured atoms.
Gull against the wind, in the windy straits
Of Belle Isle, or running on the Horn,
70 White feathers in the snow, the Gulf claims,
And an old man driven by the Trades To a a sleepy corner.

Buck

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

T.S. Eliot, brilliant word juggler. But the same can be said in this simple line:

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh."

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Touche , Mon ami !!!

Buck

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Uhn-Hnnn! Ne desesperez pas! Je respecte tres votre intention!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
flat earthers are thick mud

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

For starters, it's always handy to keep one foot in reality when venturing down the rabbithole. Regardless if nuclear weapons are fake, the earth is flat and/or reptilians exist, you still share the same reality with the rest of us. Your childhood is still real, the people you love, the relationships you have etc.

It's sorta the same thing I say when people start spewing # about us living holographic universe and how nothing is real. I think a holographic universe is likely, and quantum physicists should agree, because non-locality is essentially a fancy word for the holographic nature of our universe.

The point to take away here is that when watching (good) conspiracy material (and consequently having your mind blown over and over again), always remember the significance of your own life/experiences and how no theory will ever affect those.

Aight now the fun part, my opinion on these theories:

-Nuclear weapons:

I'm not sold on this yet. The problem why it's so hard for me to accept this one is because the science is there, and checks out. (it's one of those cases where I do believe mainstream science) Nuclear power seems to be a real thing, as are nuclear disasters and their fallout (there's hundred of docus on the effects of radiation exposure).

I'dd need a pretty damn good alternative explanation for all those events listed (nuclear powerplants, nuclear waste, meltdowns, ...) and I haven't found a cohesive one. I'm always open to links to material.

- Ball Earth and planets:

On the fence, as are more people than most like to admit. The thing isn't necessarily that I believe the flat earth theory, but rather that I have serious questions for our ball earth model.

For starters, other planets (and celestial objects) do appear round (the phases of the moon are good proof), yet that doesn't necessarily mean the earth is. Every other planet (and celestial object) seems barren and desolate, yet we know for a fact the Earth isn't. So to extrapolate that every other planet must be like Earth seems a flawed persepective to begin with.

We (I) don't know the shape of the Earth, and to date I have yet to see a picture that's void of controversy. NASA seems to be fond of fisseye lenses (plenty of proof for that, it's not even a conspiracy), and there's endless dubious material coming from their end. It's also a pretty well known fact the "Blue Marble" picture we all know and love is a composite.

So I came to the conlusion that I probably would never be satisfied with "visual" material (a photo or video) because I know, this day and age, we can fake it. Every Hollywood blockbuster packing breathtaking space visuals proofs this point.

This led me to more empirical ways we can distill the shape of the Earth, and we can, through measuring the actual curvature. This on it's own creates plenty of controversies, particularly when measuring the curvature of the horizon through pictures and videos (at large height) over large bodies of water, concidering water always remains level. The same previous issues still exist, where fisheye lenses are a thing and the fact that most (if not all) material comes from very limited and dubious sources for a conspiracy theorist.

On top of this, none of the 'measuring earth's curvature at x height' material on youtube ended up sealing the deal for me. I've seen videos with curvature at 60,000 feet, yet I've seen videos at greater height (www.youtube.com...) where there is less apparent curvature than in other videos on a way lower height, it just confuses the # out of me. (I know the Earth isn't a perfect sphere, even with that in mind) So I, again, tried to go on to more empirical ways of finding out the curvature, preferably not through checking by holding a ruler to my computer screen to 'measure' the curve of the horizon on a pauzed youtube video...

This led me to laser curvature measuring tests (www.youtube.com...). And this is the currently where I sit in the flat earth debate: Why is it so hard to detect the curvature using lasers? From the link I listed, there's cleary hundreds (if not thousands) of videos of different, independant people trying to measure the curve through lasers, without success.

As far as I know, lasers shouldn't curve "with" the Earth (that's not how they work), so even over a 1 mile stretch, there should be a noticable curve, especially with the precision of modern day, consumer grade, lasers, and there isn't. Even over vast amount of distances (I've seen a 30+ mile video test somwhere), where there should be hundreds of meters of curvature, there simply isn't.

So that's where flat earth left me. I have questions which I haven't found the anwser to yet, but I've also come to the conclusion there's a near epic amount of shilling and degenerative behaviour towards the flat earth. I can only hope it gets pushed more into the mainstream, in order to find my anwsers.

- Space and a big universe out there

Fits in heavily with flat earth, or the nature of our reality more precise. I've always been a heavy space enthousiast (even before I was into conspiracies), but even I have to admit that the images I have in my mind when imagining deep space (or even our own solar system's planets) are nothing more than remnants of watching Hollywood movies and all of NASA's computer generated images. Similarly to the "Blue Marble" image we have when we imagine Earth, most other pictures we imagine when we think about planets/galaxies are (openly admitted) computer generated images by NASA.

- HIV and probably a variety of other fake deceases and infections

Most likely what the conspiracy theorists are saying. I've seen enough material on the human genome, what we're capable of (or could be capable of), and this theory simply isn't "that far out there". I can come up with numerous reasons why people (our elites) would want to create these things, and I can come up with a variety of explanations (in layman terms) on how they couldve done it. -The science exists, it's mostly ethics holding us (the mainstream) back-

- The vote and elections

I suppose I truly believe we're being ruled by a hidden elite (for many centuries now) and that voting/elections being rigged is the normal rather than exception. Without the internet, Trump wouldn't have won. He could be controlled oposition, but I'm open to the possibility the people (99%) actually broke through. The elites wanted HIllary to run against Trump for an easy victory, that didn't happen, and I believe their arrogance could be their downfall.

Regardless, I personally believe we have to tools to "ascend" voting and politics in the classical sense. There's no more need to have representatives when we have the internet. In the early days of modern humanity, there was a specific reason why people elected representatives and leaders; they weren't as connected as we are today. I believe humanity has had the tools to organize itself (government) without the need for pyramid-based structures the day the internet was invented. Yet, I also realize this subject matter is probably too complex for alot of people to even be willing to engage in, and it's alot easier to stick to the old paradigm. (We elect leaders cuz we need to be led)

Long Post Will Continue.
edit on 11-3-2017 by Vechthaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
- Global warming

Tell me there isn't mysterious # going on in Artactica right now. I believe this fits in heavily with Global Warming, so do a large lists of highly ranked officials. (The infamous 'famous people who visited Antarctica recently' list)

- Meteorites

Probably real? Haven't seen one myself, but I've been told the average Russian sees them on a weekly basis? (tongue in cheek) There is so many videos of them though, so I'dd say they're real. If you tie this in with a flat earth (or faked space), you could even look for more esoteric meanings behind them. (And people have)

- Satellites

Probably real? I've personally witnessed the ISS fly over several times during my life (though not with telescope, the naked eye) and I think most other people have aswell (It's really bright, impossible to miss if you google it's location in the night sky). Apparently you can also see a large portion of the regular sattelites, though I've never bothered to check this myself. Wether or not sattelites are "real" hold very little meaningfull value in my eyes.

I am aware of the fact that most (all?) internet traffic goes through cables under the Atlantic Ocean. I do wonder why (with sattelite technology) there's still so much ground-based technology. (Most cellphones and even GPS actually uses ground-based towers, to then connect to ground based cables to connect across the world, what do sattelites even do?!)

- Many celebrety and vip deaths (they're mostly all still alive)

Sure. Altough I'dd rank these kind of theories fairly low on my sht-matters-o-meter, I'm aware of the links between secret societies and Hollywood. I'dd say this is plausible, and I'll go further by stating I've entertained Donald Marshall's story of cloning centers. Nothing tells me what he's describing is impossible, and history tells me our elites have access to more advanced technology than we do. (paperclip, ... yadayada)

- Electronic money ie: what's in your bank account

Confirmed? Euro and Dollar (and I assume the yen or whatevs aswell) are fiat currencies. I has also come to my attention that a cashless society is an agenda that's being pushed, and I can see the dystopian potential emerging from it.

- Six oclock news /msm

Obviously FAKE NEWS!

- Aliens / ufo's / space craft

Fits in with flat earth, hollow earth, Nazi bases in Antarctica, perhaps Sitchin's Anunnaki, ancient aliens and so much more. This is the stuff conspiracies should be about, imo, the big stuff. After seeing the Russian documentaries on the Third Reich and their Antarctic endeavours, aswell as various other material that surfaced in recent year, I think it's urgent time to re-evaluate our taught History.

Aliens could be real, UFO's are real, and spacecrafts obviously are real to. (ISS says hi again) I know what you're getting at, but I don't think any definitive conclusion can be drawn yet. Though I will add that as far as I'm concerned, the Nazi's developed anti-gravity (perhaps even the whole Vril alien connection) and had the ability to build and operate flying saucers. After this, it's not a stretch to assume the Nazi elite (including Hitler) could've fled to Argentina/Antarctica, or even off-world. (If you believe the Vril connection)

- Big foot

I can see this being true. The video of the main who claimed his father shot a Bigfoot, I'dd say, is fake, solely because the man works as a special effects artists and has other clearly fake videos on his channel. He has no interest in settling the debate (otherwise he wouldn't act so immature in some of these videos) and is clearly in it for the money/attention. You never know though.

The reason why I believe Bigfoot (yeti, ...) could be real is because I'm on the fence on believing wether or not human evolution happened the way we're supposed to believe. Like with the flat earth, I have various questions questions (raised by people smarter than me, which I simply parrot) which I haven't found a satisfying anwser to yet. (The chromosome number difference between primates and us, the sudden appearance and disappearance of sub-species, the timeline for evolution just doesn't make any fckn sense, the Piltdown man, ...)

Untill I actually put in the effort to dig a bit deeper, I never realized there's actually a fair amount of geneticists (aswell as archeologists) who are asking the same questions. The beauty of compartmentalisation of science!

The only thing I can tell for sure is that the theory of evolution (regardless if it's true or not) was something that was heavily pushed into the mainstream (back in the day aye), and there's an unarguable link between the founders or proponents of the theory and certain secret societies.

There's obviously thousands of other (good) conspiracy theories, but for me personally, I believe we've come to a critical point where the corruption (of our instituations of "knowledge" -science, government, universities, ...-) has become undeniable, and that a serious re-evalutation needs to be done about everything we've been taught. I'm still holding on to the worldview I was given (keeping that one leg in reality), but I really believe it's the time the fray just drops on mainstream society so we can get this shtfest over with.

Draining the swamp (monetary corruption of our modern world) is only the beginning.
edit on 11-3-2017 by Vechthaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Thanks for the compliment?

That was funny.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

-- Nuclear weapons 
-- Ball earth and planets 
-- space and a big universe out there 
-- HIV and probably a variety of other fake deceases and infections 
-- the vote and elections 
-- global warming 
-- meteorites 
-- Satilites 
-- tar ... or ...is.... ummhh 
-- many celebrety and vip deaths (they're mostly all still alive) 
-- electronic money ie: what's in your bank account 
-- six oclock news /msm 
-- Aliens / ufo's / space craft 
-- Big foot 
-- ISS, nasa, spacex 
. So, ALL of that's "fake," eh? Lol... Don't get me wrong, there's a lot we've been lied to about; some of the stuff you have on your list we have been lied to about too, but not in the direction you're thinking. Pretty certain some of those things on your list very much exist, but society swears it doesn't.
edit on 11-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
In Rinzai Buddhism; everything happens in real time... if you were not there to see it, smell it, taste it, touch it? It isn't real.

The easier way to look at it? Concepts... they are a subjective reality; a shared or agreed reality. That is a conspiracy to agree on reality as it is or exists. That only serves one thing; communication to another.

Does it matter what color we say something is? Only in communication otherwise the color is insignificant; however to the listener the communication may be insignificant.

What in English we call the Sun other languages call it different things; such as SOL... this thing called either; has done it's thing as long as we have ever known it to be there and will do it's thing long after we are gone... it has been worshipped and feared; it has been labeled and made a study of in concept after concept idea after idea story after story veneration etc etc. but this thing called the sun or sol or whatever we think say or do about it? Will not has not and will never ever change it from what it is experienced as.

That's the absolute reality; subjective reality can and does make life subject or slave to these agreements or conspiracies that they exist.

Of course; I am not concerned about what occurs in anyones mind... it is a conceptual ball of nothing spinning around a bunch of dung called thought and memory taken as a self and ego... yet neither of those are required to be conscious nor aware.

Agreeing to the conceptual reality is to agree to it's existence as reality, when in absolute reality there is no such thing.

It is simply contact that remains undefined.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I'm Pretty Sure they are All Real Except Global Warming and Bigfoot ...........

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Whatever your mind believes becomes real to your reality.

Laws of the universe

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join