It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House may have broken a rule when it tweeted about the jobs report

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
In the eyes of the media...

Trump is Satan and Hillary and Obama are Angels of the Almighty!

Trump jaywalked... Impeach!

Hillary's foundation scammed hundreds of millions... Right-wing conspiracy!

Trump tweeted great news... Impeach!

Obama spied on his opposition... Right-wing conspiracy!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I enjoy watching the left slowly self combust.

What a sight
a reply to: brutus61

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Wow.

This article should have been written in a teasing tone, not a serious one - writing stuff like in a serious tone that only serves to reinforces the belief that the media is biased against the current administration.

Yeah, the rules, however archaic, are meant to be followed, but come on, if we need to be told of "a little-known federal rule from 1985" existence to see wrongdoing, if it is not wrong by itself but only because of the existence of the rule, then the existence of said rule should be the news:

"Obscure law made Sean Spencer's job reports tweet illegal"

That is what the article should say.

Sure, it could then go on to emphasize that Spencer did indeed do something wrong, that he should have known etc - and they would be right - but it would still give the impression of an unbiased article.

That is how you move independents.

edit on 11-3-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I considered your thoughtful post reply:

...Obscure law made Sean Spencer's job reports tweet illegal"

That is what the article should say.

Sure, it could then go on to emphasize that Spencer did indeed do something wrong, that he should have known etc - and they would be right - but it would still give the impression of an unbiased article...

then I was considering a way to snake out of being caught....a very high priority of the past regime...

Spencer could say he was informed of the info from the report on a London NEWS stream... which is some 5 hours already past--- thus circumventing the 1 hour requirement for comments on those 'reports'... to Spencer the 'news' would have been reported at 2PM London Time not anywhere near the 8:57 AM (1 hour violation period)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
But they won't be able to prove malicious intent.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61
There is a little known law from 1985 that says "employees of the Executive Branch shall not comment publicly on the data until at least one hour after the official release time". Now wouldn't you know that the crazy left has nothing better to do with their time than look up obscure laws and use them to put down the President.

We are a nation of laws.

One would think #1 would follow them.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

The law is the law and it seems the current WH can't follow any of them. Too bad for them. Maybe they should pick up a book once in a while instead of watching Alex Jones.

Taking credit for jobs this early is also BS. He's done nothing to stimulate the job market so far and the numbers wouldn't reflect it this early even if he had.

Just like Trump to take credit for something someone else did.

You are right let's prosecute them for breaking this law. And then let's deport every illegal. The law is the law.
Let's see if you are consistent or blowing smoke.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Awesome point. The law only matters when it fits their agenda.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

There is a little known law from 1985 that says "employees of the Executive Branch shall not comment publicly on the data until at least one hour after the official release time". Now wouldn't you know that the crazy left has nothing better to do with their time than look up obscure laws and use them to put down the President.

We are a nation of laws.

You ever drove 36 miles an hour in a 35mph zone? You broke the law.
edit on R272017-03-11T11:27:47-06:00k273Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

We are a nation of laws.

You ever drove 36 miles an in a 35mph zone? You broke the law.

I'm not the president.

I'm not under a microscope by Global media.

I'm only required to set an example to my kids.

edit on 11-3-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

We are a nation of laws.

I'm not the president.

So the laws only apply to the president and not you? You cant see the hypocrisy of that?
edit on R292017-03-11T11:29:09-06:00k293Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R302017-03-11T11:30:26-06:00k303Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

We are a nation of laws.

I'm not the president.

So the laws only apply to the president and not you? You cant the hypocrisy of that?

I'm not the president.

And why are you making excuses for Trump on this?

edit on 11-3-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm not the president.

To be fair, neither is Spencer.

But yeah, of course he should follow the rule(s). The implied argument that one should follow the rules to set an example is in my mind a bit silly though. One should follow the rules agreed upon simple because they are rules agreed upon.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

We are a nation of laws.

I'm not the president.

So the laws only apply to the president and not you? You cant the hypocrisy of that?

I'm not the president.

I am not making excuses for Trump. I don't think he will make 100 days.

And you you are under scrutiny...maybe not from global media, but NSA and CIA know more about you than you think.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
a reply to: Annee

I'm not the president.

To be fair, neither is Spencer.

But yeah, of course he should follow the rule(s). The implied argument that one should follow the rules to set an example is in my mind a bit silly though. One should follow the rules agreed upon simple because they are rules agreed upon.

It's just its not the first or only time he's chosen to go rogue and ignore rules & protocol.

It's not "one little accident".

Now, I know some will cheer this as being anti-establishment. Breaking up DC, etc.

But, that's not how I see it.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

We are a nation of laws.

I'm not the president.

I'm not the president.

I am not making excuses for Trump. I don't think he will make 100 days.

And you you are under scrutiny...maybe not from global media, but NSA and CIA know more about you than you think.

I think you're like me - - trying to find the balance.

Who gets hired for a job if they're not qualified? Trump, I guess.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain

originally posted by: Irishhaf
good lord it is going to be a long 4 years at this rate...

instead of making a mountain out of a mole hill , if they really want to get him... build up evidence and hit him all at once.. it is a simple concept.

You want to throw a sitting president out... all these little temper tantrums by the left will do nothing but make them look bad.

Well it was a long 8 years for the left, whenever the right got their panties in a bunch over Obama.

it was 2 years for the left, the rest of the time, republican majorities in the congress actively worked to undermine Obama at every step....
and apparently you forgot about all the whining from republicans from 2010 to 2016

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
I was right, even when this administration does something good, someone finds a negative in it.

Sad.

What 'good' are you referring to? The jobs report? Even Trump's own Budget Director says that Trump' and his administration had nothing to do with the jobs report numbers. Not to mention right up until this particular job report Trump railed over and over and over that the numbers were fake. Then the Feb numbers come out and all of a sudden they're real? And entirely in-line with all the preceding 'fake' numbers? How you rationalize this thinking is astounding.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Would you like a tissue?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
impressed by what ? obamas economy?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join