It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Health Care Act replaces the ACA-Obamacare.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

"I firmly believe" is a hollow promise, not even anything like a promise really, and means if he doesn't accomplish what he promises he has an out.

Y'all just keep hearing what you want to hear, even if it isn't what was said.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Apparently you're spot on, MyHappyDogShine. I'm not sure if the AHCA is dead, or just put back on the shelf for a few days. But the vote on it was abruptly cancelled, and Congress went to recess for the weekend.

Live Blog: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Tuesday, 3.28.2017

American Health Care Act 1.0 is DEAD...RIP....Good Riddance!

AMERICAN HEALTHCARE ACT 2.0 is ALREADY IN THE WORKS...

Full Story: www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
May 7, 2017

When you see a webpage filled with Anti-Trump celebrities bashing the U.S. House-approved version of the American Health Care Act, you know that this ObamaCare replacement is better than ObamaCare for Americans.

Check it Out: www.rawstory.com...

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just returned from an Insurance Industry status briefing.. Bad News.

The AHCA as currently designed, is worse than ObamaCare. It will create total chaos starting on 1.1.2018.

ObamaCare was better designed, but there are several, fixable, problems. These defects in the ACA law and funding will leave millions without health insurance on 1.1.2018.

Suggestion: FIX OBAMACARE IMMEDIATELY

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Absolutely. Like your logic. If the insurance companies hate it, that is exactly the plan I would favor too.

Insurance companies ... I dislike dealing with them. I have seen them deny or delay care to my patients, and loved ones too, for reasons of mere technicality.

I am convince that delaying care like this rewards the insurance companies, because on their actuarial tables, a small but non-zero number of patients may expire during the period of delay, for which they won't need to pay to provide care.

Heck ... if a patient dies, they stop paying immediately, denying coverage for tests and treatments have been ordered. Many times hospitals 'eat' this as a loss, but they sometimes come after loved ones or the estate of the deceased. I have seen families forced to pay for this kind of care. Insurance companies do not care about the patients. They just care about their bottom line. I want the plan that insurance companies do not like!

Also though, I believe that having insurance should be a choice for the consumer. Young people should not be forced to pay for insurance they do not believe that they need, just so that older sicker people can get a better deal.

I will be honest - I liked fee for service, but with a caveat that the consumer must be given options about what they can do, and competitive price choices BEFORE they choose to get treatment. This whole mystery about medical costs that are kept in the dark to the consumer until after they get their care ... it is not fair. Communication needs to happen up front. That should also improve the competition.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It sounds like healthcare is handled very rationally where you live. Maybe I will come there for treatment. I am envious!

The system in the United States has too many parasites in the middle levels, between the patient and their care.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The leader of the 13 Senator "working group" has been developing an alternative to ObamaCare since the AHCA went down in flames on its first attempt at House passage.

The leader of the AHCA Senate working group, Senator Ted Cruz, has developed a way to get everything done in 1 bill, using the "budget reconciliation process", instead of 2 or 3 bills, as originally envisioned.

www.cnbc.com...

If Ted Cruz can pull this off, even those who rely on the (often wrong) CBO "score" will be happy. Premiums drop, deductibles drop, more health insurance options, and doctors come back to the individual health market. The number of people without health insurance would probably increase, but that's what happens when there is no Government Mandate to have insurance.

I wish Ted Luck!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's good to see the New York Times presenting the other side of the coin. There are a TON of people like the family in this article.

www.nytimes.com...

ObamaCare premiums are hell for those who are not "poor". These folks don't go to Town Halls and scream. They're just silently hoping and praying that Congress will swiftly move to enable "Free Market Health Insurance" once again.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
May 15, 2017

As a back-up, Republican and Democrat Senators are working on a Bi-Partisan solution to ObamaCare's unraveling.

thehill.com...

What I don't understand is why Democrats will not vote for anything that 1.) Repeals ObamaCare and 2.) Rolls back the $575 Billion in ObamaCare taxes. They call eliminating these taxes, "tax cuts for the rich". Before 2010 these taxes didn't even exist. If there's no ObamaCare to fund/support, there's no need for those taxes.. It's a no-brainer.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
May 16, 2017

HHS Director Tom Price is clearing a path for states to customize their upcoming AHCA-TrumpCare landscape, after it replaces the ACA-Obamacare.

While simultaneously acting in the role of Dr. Jack Kevorkian, by hastening the demise of critical patient, Obamacare.

The Latest from the Administration: www.cnbc.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I want to live where you live.
Seems they treat humans like humans instead of as walking, breathing purses and bank accounts.

For readers, this person's posts I'm replying to are on the first and second pages of this topic

What country if you feel safe saying?
edit on 55pmTue, 16 May 2017 17:11:55 -0500Tue, 16 May 2017 17:11:55 -0500pm1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm terrified, being female, and having many pre existing conditions. Since just having a uterus is pre existing. Pregnancy is pre existing. Endometriosis, female cancer sexual abuse, rape, all pre existing. ....... This joke of healthcare better not pass. We need single payer DESPERATELY.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
May 16, 2017

FYI: Here is a comparison of the AHCA (TrumpCare) against the ACA (ObamaCare).

Excerpted from: thehill.com...

First, here are the undisputed facts about the Affordable Care Act, from a Florida Congressman's perspective...

It was sold to the American people based on broken promises.

People did not get to keep their doctors if they liked them.

4.7 million Americans have been kicked off their healthcare plans.

Nearly 20 million Americans remain uninsured today.

It increased taxes on Americans by $1 trillion.

Deductibles will average more than $6,000 this year, and premiums have risen by 25 percent.

More than one-third of all U.S. counties have only one insurance provider.

In Florida, premiums are expected to increase by 19 percent this year.

49 out of 67 Florida counties are estimated to have only one insurance provider this year.

300,000 Floridians had their plans cancelled under ObamaCare.

The Congressional Budget Office incorrectly estimated 22 million people would flock to ObamaCare.

Insurance providers are fleeing the exchange left and right, with Aetna announcing it will completely leave the exchange by 2018.

Leading Democrats, like former President Bill Clinton and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (N.Y.), have admitted ObamaCare was a mistake and has left Americans with less coverage. 

Faced with these failures, doing nothing and watching more and more Americans be forced to pay higher premiums with unaffordable deductibles was not an option. The only responsible path forward was to repeal and replace the failures and broken promises of ObamaCare.

The American Health Care Act (AHCA) does just that:

It establishes a healthcare system built upon free-market and consumer-driven principles that will revive competition, increasing quality, drive down costs, and expand coverage.

Cuts $1 trillion in burdensome ObamaCare taxes.

Congressional members and staff are not exempt from the AHCA. The McSally Amendment made sure this legislation applies equally to everyone.

Those with pre-existing conditions cannot be denied coverage. I have a pre-existing condition with my congenital heart defect, and I understand how important it is to maintain coverage for others.

Low-income Americans are not losing coverage and will still receive coverage under Medicaid.

o The AHCA modernizes and strengthens Medicaid with the biggest entitlement reform in a generation.

o It honors the enhanced state match that beneficiaries have been receiving.

o Restores $79 billion to hospitals who provide a high proportion of care to the most vulnerable patients, including certain Medicaid and Medicare recipients.

o Establishes the Patient and State Stability Fund that provides $130 billion to help states lower the cost of care for patients in need.

o Sets aside $100 billion for states to help low-income Americans access affordable healthcare.

o President Trump has agreed to give Florida hospitals $1.5 billion to help treat the poor and uninsured.

No changes were made to the benefits Medicare provides in its current form, and the elderly will not lose or face more expensive coverage under the AHCA.

Children up to 26 years old can stay on their parents’ plans.

The AHCA substantially lowers premiums and eliminates the individual and employer mandates that are crushing small businesses and families.

It provides tax credits and health savings accounts to help all Americans purchase affordable coverage, and ensures there is a seamless transition so no one has the rug pulled out from under them.

Defunds Planned Parenthood by blocking more than $500 million of taxpayer money, and maintains the Hyde Amendment. This measure is supported by the National Right to Life Committee and the Susan B. Anthony List.

-end

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
May 18, 2017

OMG.. I thought the HOUSE forwarded the AHCA bill over to the Senate after they passed it, 2 weeks ago! Did you?

'"House Republicans have not yet sent their ObamaCare replacement bill to the Senate due to the possibility that the House could have to vote on it again if it fails to meet certain budget rules.

The House, despite passing the repeal bill two weeks ago, is waiting to send the legislation to the Senate until the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office produces its analysis of the bill.

There is at least some possibility that the new CBO score of the revised bill would find that the measure no longer reduces the deficit, meaning that it does not meet Senate rules governing the reconciliation process, which Republicans are using to avoid a Democratic filibuster. The House would then have to change its bill and vote again.

"The bill is just being held until CBO issues its final score," said AshLee Strong, a spokeswoman for Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.).

The bill being held back in the House was first reported by Bloomberg.

House Republicans say they are confident the bill will hit the deficit reduction target, but are holding it out of an "abundance of caution."

Source: thehill.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Senate version released at 1100am today. Bill condemned by Democrats at 1102. What does that tell ya?

Tells me that it's a great Bill for most Americans.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Here is the Bill number.H.R. 1628

www.congress.gov...

edit on 22-6-2017 by Skorpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'll reserve judgement on the bill until I've heard some intelligent analysis, but for certain the Dems couldn't possibly have done more than read the title before heaping criticism on it.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join