It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Health Care Act replaces the ACA-Obamacare.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

I won't be charged a tax every year for not having insurance, aka NO mandate.

Yea, there is a chance I'll get hurt, there also is a chance I'll get struck by lightning or a meteor.

The chances are very slim.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
its hard to figure out what the worst part of this plan is, its so bad on so many levels.

it seems like the basic idea is cut taxes on the wealthy, insurance companies and medical device makers, screw the poor, fund the program with actually more generous credits than the ACA did, but let the young and healthy leave the plan and take their premiums with them.

the only good thing to say about it is the plan will implode from a premium death spiral before it bankrupts us

linky

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Yep.

And I'm trying to keep my son alive in the middle of this farce. I have never hated my government as much as I do right now.

Its a total nightmare on top of what is already a nightmare.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Yep.

And I'm trying to keep my son alive in the middle of this farce. I have never hated my government as much as I do right now.

oh man, thoughts and prayers for you.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Yep.

oh man, thoughts and prayers for you.

Thank you. I'm so scared.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is so simple and so easy.

SINGLE PAYER!

The barbarians in congress mainly the GOP are savages.

EVERY civilized and some uncivilized country on this planet guarantees health care for their citizens. This is basic humanity…

ONLY in America do we put human beings at the mercy of greedy people who control health insurance and health care that the politicians refuse to bring under control because they are bribed not to.

ONLY in America

May God soon give them what they deserve!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
LINK

Under the GOP health care replacement legislation, older and low-income Americans who want to buy private health insurance would be hit the hardest, receiving less generous tax credits than they do under Obamacare. Younger and more affluent people, on the other hand, would receive more assistance than they currently do.

Tell me how much sense that makes

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

LINK

Under the GOP health care replacement legislation, older and low-income Americans who want to buy private health insurance would be hit the hardest, receiving less generous tax credits than they do under Obamacare. Younger and more affluent people, on the other hand, would receive more assistance than they currently do.

Tell me how much sense that makes

If the ultra-conservative wing of the Republican party would start using common sense, they would allow the APTC-Subsidy for a 60 year-old to be 5 times higher than it is for a 20 year old...just like the premiums will be. It's crazy to have 3 tiers of subsidies, but 5 tiers of premium rates. Somebody always gets screwed in a scenario like this.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
RE: www.politico.com...

Senator Paul Ryan makes a good point. If someone is without health insurance, after the American Health Care Act is signed into law by President Trump, being Uninsured will be THEIR CHOICE.

There will be no Big Boss Government telling them that, "You must have Government Approved health insurance, or you'll be punished with a fine equal to 2.5% of your income!"

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
March 12, 2017

Echoing an earlier post in this thread, here is a well-written and FACTUAL article explaining how the AHCA is easy to abuse and "game". So easy that some states may end up with ZERO health insurers offering individual major medical health plans.

www.econotimes.com...

IMO, the government still is controlling the private health insurance market too much, with the American Health Care Act. It is wrong to 1.) Tell health insurers how many rating bands they must have and, 2.) Tell health insurers that they must instantly cover anyone who enrolls, at any time of the year.

If John Doe is sick, or can't afford a good health plan, John should be allowed to enroll in a Federally funded-administered health plan. (States should not be involved in this. Too much waste, theft, etc..)

Given the rules that the AHCA imposes on individual/family health insurers, I wouldn't be surprised if all of them pulled out of every state. Why ANTHEM wholeheartedly endorsed this new law yesterday is a mystery.
-cwm

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
March 14, 2017

The House keeps tweaking this Bill to make it MORE like ObamaCare!

At first, the APTC-Subsidies were based on a person's AGE. Now, they're based on a person's age AND income. That stinks, because it brings all those dreaded IRS forms, and proof-of-income documents back into the equation.

The process of proving your income, estimating your future income...then reconciling the actual against the estimated is a royal PAIN IN THE ARSE. Especially for small business owners.

Because Republicans chose to use a 3-Bill approach to putting the American Healthcare Act into place, the premiums will not decrease until Bill #2 is passed and signed into law by the President. Bill #2 allows shoppers to CHOOSE what benefits they want and don't want.

This is horrible, because the RyanCare APTC-Subsides are not high enough to pay a decent portion of insanely expensive ObamaCare premiums...especially for those over age 45. How long will people have to wait for Bill #2 to be put-together and signed into law, so that their premiums will decrease?

Bill #1 is giving people strokes. Bill #2 and Bill #3 will need 60 votes in the Senate. They will be FAR more difficult to pass, if Democrats don't sign on.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
For those who care.. Here is a great timeline and description of how the 3-bill American Health Care Act is flowing through the approval process, and what will (or could) happen up to the point of becoming law of the land.

Flow-Chart: www.washingtonpost.com...

It's dynamically updated as milestones are reached.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
March 16, 2017

This is a great write-up from the DAILY CALLER, explaining why President Trump is cutting back his support for the American Health Care Act (aka: RYANCARE)

dailycaller.com...

Unless MAJOR changes are made to this bill, it's probably close to being trash canned permanently.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
March 16, 2017

it's looking like in order to be insured for free by Medicaid, you are going to have to WORK A JOB, if you don't have children at home.

Source: www.texomashomepage.com...

Bill Clinton enacted Welfare Reform in 1996 (en.wikipedia.org... ), but it's not clear if the Work Requirement of that Bill was enforced or enforceable.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
March 17, 2017

TRUMP the BUSINESSMAN-PRESIDENT had done it again!

""President Trump claimed Friday that House conservatives previously opposed to ObamaCare replacement legislation moving through the chamber are now on board after “changes” were made – an assertion that could be put to the test as early as next week. 

The president voiced confidence during a meeting with members of the conservative Republican Study Committee.

“We are doing some incredible things … I am 100 percent behind this,” Trump said, before looking around the room and saying: “All of these no’s, or potential no’s, are all yes’es. Every single person sitting in this room is now a yes.”"

Full Story w/video: www.foxnews.com...

The sooner ObamaScrew is out of our lives.. THE BETTER.

-cwm
edit on 3/17/2017 by carewemust because: format adjustment

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Anything out of Congress, either side of the aisle, is Kabuki theater as so many are bought and paid for by the very interests they are proposing to regulate.

Only way is forcing cost control.

Not by introducing more law, legislation or regulations.

Nope, just enforce 100+ year old USC15 Chapter 1 laws which none of the entities making up medical industry have immunity from prosecution.

I reccomend anyone with an interest in this read Marketicker or look up Karl Denninger before making judgement on current Kabuki show in Congress.

As I see it, we can afford to please PEOPLE on both sides of aisle were these laws applied as they should be.

Phoenix

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

SINGLE PAYER!

EVERY civilized and some uncivilized country on this planet guarantees health care for their citizens. This is basic humanity…

ONLY in America do we put human beings at the mercy of greedy people who control health insurance and health care that the politicians refuse to bring under control because they are bribed not to.

ONLY in America

Why don't you just move to one of these great countries then? I want Rands plan put in place. Competition creates innovation and efficiency.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

SINGLE PAYER!

ONLY in America

Why don't you just move to one of these great countries then? I want Rands plan put in place. Competition creates innovation and efficiency.

Monday, 3.20.2017

Like you Throes, I often wonder why some people complain so vehemently, but do so little to help their candidate win the next election. The Democrats are continuing to make themselves less appealing to voters. Focusing on all the wrong things.

Now.. Back ON TOPIC. The American Health Care Act received some significant "tweaks" tonight. Tomorrow morning, President Trump is bringing his bag of PORK and FAVORS to capital hill, to entice the hard-to-get House Republicans onboard, and ready to vote "YES" on Thursday.

Full Story: www.washingtonpost.com... b0d-d27c98455440_story.html?utm_term=.5d2c1f74e257

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
March 21, 2017

For those of you who understand insurance terms, here's detailed summary of the CHANGES that were made to the American Health Care Act last night.

AHCA Mgrs Amendment Changes: healthaffairs.org...

This entire AHCA is still a watered-down version of ObamaCare. It's CRAZY. Hopefully the SENATE will 100% REPEAL OBAMACARE and allow those who can't buy regular health insurance due to health reasons, to go to Medicare or Medicaid. PROBLEMS SOLVED.

Republicans are now WORSE than they were when Obama was President. At least they were UNIFIED then!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
March 22, 2017

Up until today, I was DISMAYED at why the American Health Care Act (AHCA) that's to be voted on tomorrow by the House, retained MANDATORY Maternity Coverage. That alone adds $60 to everyone's monthly premium.

Now, I know why..and am RELIEVED that Senator McConnell will work to get those mandatory "Essential Health Benefits" scaled back to real-world needs, when the Senate takes up the bill from the House. Doing so, is guaranteed to enable significantly lower health insurance premiums for those who don't want to pay for a loaded health policy.

Full story: www.washingtonpost.com... rm=.deb6282ee5cd

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join