It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP rep: Obama stayed in capital to run 'shadow government'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Obama is staying in Washington to run the shadow govt. SO says US rep Mike Kelly.

A Pennsylvania congressman has accused former President Barack Obama of staying in Washington solely to run a "shadow government" to undermine the GOP agenda.

U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly made the claim to fellow Republicans at an event Saturday north of Pittsburgh.
hosted.ap.org...

Kelly is recorded in a vid clip saying that O is staying for one purpose to run the shadow govt and this is going to upset the new agenda. But Obama has another reason to stay in the capitol, his daughter needs to finish High school.

A video clip posted to YouTube shows Kelly saying that Obama remained in Washington for "one purpose only ... to run the shadow government that is going to totally upset the new agenda."

The Obamas have said they would remain in the nation's capital until their youngest daughter, Sasha, completes high school.

A spokesman for Kelly said that the congressman was just sharing the frustrations and that there is a belief that O admin hold overs are trying to upset Trump's agenda. Right...

Kelly's spokesman said Friday the congressman was just "sharing the frustration of everyone in the room over how they believe certain Obama administration holdovers" are trying to upset President Donald Trump's agenda.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's really like a civil war between Democrats and Republicans!! What about our nation, we should be working together under the constitution. The dirty corruption going on is unacceptable, we the people are losing our collective patience!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

I hope Trump is the bill busting person he sell himself as. It is going to take a very smart and strong leader to whip these idiots who act like they are not on the same team into working for us.

Is Trump this leader? JFK was going to do the same thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Regardless of whether you're "right", " left", or "center", this is getting crazy. All these years we've been digging up and trying to shed some light on conspiracies, and now they're everywhere we look!

We live in interesting times...

I'm NOT an Obama fan, but it really could just be so she could finish school.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So am I to infer that Melania Trump is also running a shadow government in New York? Are not she and the President doing exactly what they Obamas are doing? I find it dumbfounding that Obama is being accused of subverting the current administration, while Melania and Trump simply want what's best for their child. Perhaps its as simple as that with the Obamas. Maybe, just maybe, they want their child to finish high school in D.C. Geeshhh. Let the Obama hate go people. It really is getting old.

edit on 10-3-2017 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
"You won, get over it."

Obama, Obama, Obama. You all think Obama is still out to get you, and is still a burr in you guys' saddle.

Wahh, Wahhh, Wahhh, Obama!

GET OVER IT. Find a new excuse, guys. This one's getting REALLY old.

From the OP (and source):

The Obamas have said they would remain in the nation's capital until their youngest daughter, Sasha, completes high school.

Very reasonable.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
You mean kinda like blaming Bush for 8 years!! Wahhhh, Wahhh, Whahhhhhhhhha reply to: Liquesence

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
You mean kinda like blaming Bush for 8 years!! Wahhhh, Wahhh, Whahhhhhhhhha reply to: Liquesence

So, now it's okay for you to do it because others did it?

"Well, THEY did it FIRST! WAAAHHHH!"

What a freakin' cop out.

Grow up.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What it is , is that it is REALLY hard to play the conspiracy theory card when your in power. ..the conspiracy crowd tends to float back and forth between parties, siding with the out of power party.

The GOP won by playing to the conspiracy crowd and is trying not to lose them.

Hell maybe the conspiracy crowd has single handedly picked the pres. By swapping sides every 8 years.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Allowing her to finish school is a very reasonable reason to stay in DC. It just so happens to be the perfect cover while he is also running the shadow government too. The damn bastard!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Sounds like the kid either is about to start or is just finishing her first year in high school.

Personally, I didn't care- I switched schools for middle school and then chose to switch voluntarily again half way through high school- but then, I'm not a wealthy, high class "minority" with connections... So I guess I don't know what's best.

What does concern me is that they're living in a building over 8,000 square feet, located in the heart of the rats nest known as dc. That's a small shopping mall from my perspective- a tenth of that is a fairly average home for their family size- a third of that space is overkill for a wealthy family if that size.

How much of that space is being used for purposes other than living? How much is office space for under the table shenanigans?

Just seems like a lot, is all.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
More symptoms of the pitfalls of the Two Party System, folks. Fighting it as a whole isn't even a partisan philosophical issue, and an ongoing lesson in resisting tyranny and oppression both here and what "we" do abroad.
edit on 11-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Meanwhile... Republicans are pushing through a bill that lets employers test applicants DNA. Are they also being controlled by Obama?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

And again you're here to push the DNC narrative. How about quit pretending and change your avatar to Hillary with a halo and get it over with?

Any true Libertarian here, I'd have that persons back.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Sorry, I don't plan on getting into an insult match calling others I disagree with a shill, tool, or tard. For some strange reason you insist I like Hillary yet I have never once supported her nor did I vote for her. I did think she would win, but that isn't support. I don't need nor want you to have my back, but it would be nice if you had enough desceny to not attack others on her on a personal level.

Attack ideas not each other. Unless your goal is to try to trigger others or simply troll which I hope isn't your purpose.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Oh, cmon now, no offense. Maybe you dont realize it. I'm all about exposing the Two Party's as being one; it all being a farce. But you Trump is Clinton's minion narrative sure did fall to pieces the past few months, while I've been making mental notes of your contributions since last summer. In every case I ever noticed (with something of a photographic memory), in anti-Trump threads you were all in against Trump, and in anti-Hillary threads you were anti-Trump without hardly ever being truly critical of Hillary. Surely lacking has been words that actually hurt the DNC. That was during the election. Today you're still arguing in ways that ultimately benefit the DNC narrative. Maybe you didn't realize it.

And it's not to say I haven't had a slant of my own, but the point is when both "Party's" are against one person and not the other, any true anti-Two Party bloke, like a real Libertarian, should be in favor of that side, not just the one that favors one and therefore the both.

Now I will be fair and say you never did in my perception say a favorable thing about Hillary, but when everything you ever do say over the course of nearly a year does ultimately favor the one side while hurt the person both sides are against, if my work ever did amount to that I'd cry for a fellow independent traveler to make sure I realize that.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

See actual debate requires original thought and a little personal logic and problem solving...

It is far easier to spout talking points and use personal attacks..

Hell watch Fox News some time and it is nothing but logical fallacies and debate no nos...

Slippery slope , strawman and over generalized arguments abound..

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I don't care that you have a slant. I haven't seen anyone here that doesn't, that's the way people are and should be expected. It should also be expected to be able to come to a thread and posts your thoughts on a matter without being personally attacked, but time and time again that isn't made possible.

Why do you insist on making the subject of your posts about the people who post them? The only thing that does is derail from talking about any actual topic.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Dude, for nearly a year I've given you a total pass. I just this week finally set you straight.

Take that as a slight if you will.

Patterns of how people postings do become relevant at some point, in gauging heir responses to things.

You've had quite a grace period by my tabulations.

I hope perhaps you've realized some truths about your own behvaoirs you might not have realized before this,and make use of growing from such.

Or dig in and turn true DNC minion, of whatever floats your boat just go with it I say.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You set me straight?

You certainly think highly of yourself. Not that, that thought is shared by others.

The fact that you feel the need to track others and "set them straight" according to your beliefs and preferences says a lot. I barely remember you in threads, but my impression of you isn't good nor would I advise anyone to follow your example. You are one of those I generally keep from talking to because your posts are generally worthless jabs at others.

Here a thought, I will keep being me and you keep being a whatever the hell you think you are. A word of advice, next time you feel the urge to analyze others behaviors first analyze your own and correct yourself.
Anyway, congratulations on derailing yet another thread.
edit on 11-3-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join