It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions has big plans for these Obama pals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Why is it so controversial that some Attorney General in Manhattan was fired today by A.G. Jeff Sessions? Didn't he ask for a mass resignation, but this one in New York was stubborn?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Sessions better hope he doesn't get disbarred first for lying under oath.

The funny thing with lying is you have to be aware of the truth, and then state a lie. The fact is that by his words, and based upon the question...there wasn't a lie.

Unfortunately for the left, a lie isn't a lie just because you want it to be.

TRUTH: Why is the left going so nuts trying to damage the good Trump is doing for our country? They didn't expect Trump to win and now all of their lies, all of their corruption and all of their crimes could be exposed and they can end up fired or in prison. It is like when some of us were teenagers (for those of you who understand), your parent walks into your room and your baggie is sitting on the desk. In other words...they are crapping their pants.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Hardly scapegoats. They were the people in a position to STOP the corruption and instead capitulated to it. Whether they were blackmailed, bribed, or both, remains to be seen. But they are clearly not scapegoats.

I do hope that these investigations lead to Clinton Foundation investigations.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
America, you gave us The Bold and the beautiful, Seventh Heaven, Dawson's Creek and too many other crappy soap operas to mention. You owe us this one, make it happen.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He needs to lock them up. Teach them a lesson for organizing these violent riots. That will show them.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No old man from Alabama should ever be in charge of law enforcement for the entire country.

Unless the 1930's were appealing to you, from a law and order standpoint.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Indeed ...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Isn't that what you said about Trump throughout the campaign?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Guess what? The worm will turn again, and Sessions, Trump and the rest of his team will be on the chopping block too.

There are good reasons why no administration has ever gone after a previous administration in the way you describe. Politically motivated prosecutions breed continuous politically motivated prosecutions.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Guess what? The worm will turn again, and Sessions, Trump and the rest of his team will be on the chopping block too.

There are good reasons why no administration has ever gone after a previous administration in the way you describe. Politically motivated prosecutions breed continuous politically motivated prosecutions.

This is a good point, however have you ever seen anything like the divide being seen now?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why is it so controversial that some Attorney General in Manhattan was fired today by A.G. Jeff Sessions? Didn't he ask for a mass resignation, but this one in New York was stubborn?

Because according to Bharara (not contradicted by Trump or his staff)...

The attempted contact — described by a person told about the conversations who requested anonymity — continued the unusual dynamic between Trump and the high profile prosecutor that stretched to Nov. 30, when Bharara emerged from a Trump Tower meeting with Trump to say the then-president-elect had asked him to stay on the job.

And as many op-ed pieces have pointed out, firing Bharara (who was notoriously independent) means he can appoint someone to this position (one of the five most powerful judicial positions in the country) who is beholden to him and who would likely stop an investigation if told to stop.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Gryphon66

Isn't that what you said about Trump throughout the campaign?

I don't remember everything I said. The jist of it was, I would prefer anyone else, including a dishonest, corporcrat, warmonger like Hillary Clinton, as President.

I lamented that in most elections in my lifetime, I have voted AGAINST a candidate not FOR one.

What did you have in mind? Did I imply that Trump was an archetypal Southern bumpkin that pretends to be fair-minded but is really likely to bust you in the head from behind with a sap?

That was probably a tad unfair.

PS: Native Georgian, and proud Southerner so, no, I'm not throwing off on the South ... but the character described was a stock in 60s and 70s movies and might have some relationship to certain Attorney Generals.
edit on 12-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

This is a good point, however have you ever seen anything like the divide being seen now?

Not in the past 150 years, no. In the early days of our country, yes. The Jackson-Adams feud was a rather notorious campaign with a lot of bad blood in its wake.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Because according to Bharara (not contradicted by Trump or his staff)...

The attempted contact — described by a person told about the conversations who requested anonymity — continued the unusual dynamic between Trump and the high profile prosecutor that stretched to Nov. 30, when Bharara emerged from a Trump Tower meeting with Trump to say the then-president-elect had asked him to stay on the job.

And as many op-ed pieces have pointed out, firing Bharara (who was notoriously independent) means he can appoint someone to this position (one of the five most powerful judicial positions in the country) who is beholden to him and who would likely stop an investigation if told to stop.

Bharara was grandstanding. It doesn't matter if he really was told he could stay. He could be asked to resign at any time as his position serves at the President's pleasure.
He should have just left as he was told to.
His press conference was rather odd.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: UKTruth

Not in the past 150 years, no. In the early days of our country, yes. The Jackson-Adams feud was a rather notorious campaign with a lot of bad blood in its wake.

I do hope the behaviour settles down soon as there is a risk of further escalation and that could include people being indicted - I can only imagine the riots if someone like Lynch or Hillary were sent jail, never mind Obama.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Because it is indicative of an Attorney General who has an agenda to destroy any corruption he can find... even if it means firing and rehiring the whole darn department.

A lot of people in the Beltway have a lot to hide...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere
a reply to: seasonal

Hardly scapegoats. They were the people in a position to STOP the corruption and instead capitulated to it. Whether they were blackmailed, bribed, or both, remains to be seen. But they are clearly not scapegoats.

I do hope that these investigations lead to Clinton Foundation investigations.

The conclusion of the Clinton Crime Foundation investigation is the one I'm waiting for.

I don't see any way the Clinton's get away with their obvious pay-for-play scam.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

There's more to it than we're hearing.

This is just a guess on my part, but I'm wondering if he declined to prosecute a case (Clinton's? Anthony Weiner?) referred by the FBI or DOJ.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Amazing.

Jeff Sessions has been a Senator for ten years, and before that, has been in politics for ... some time.

But now, suddenly, having joined President Trump's cabinet, he's a shining warrior of righteousness.

He's a politician. He's part of the problem. Of course, most in here are advocating for more partisan politics.

Sure, let's make America great again by spending years in fake indictments that will only fail.

THAT'LL bring the country together!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Amazing.

Jeff Sessions has been a Senator for ten years, and before that, has been in politics for ... some time.

But now, suddenly, having joined President Trump's cabinet, he's a shining warrior of righteousness.

He's a politician. He's part of the problem. Of course, most in here are advocating for more partisan politics.

Sure, let's make America great again by spending years in fake indictments that will only fail.

THAT'LL bring the country together!

The indictments sure would be entertaining, but on this occasion I agree with you. There would be absolute chaos in the streets if people started getting indicted and convicted. There's no trust on either side of the current divide and such a situation is not conducive to the perception of fair hearings.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join