It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Acid Test.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
How do you prove the ability and accuracy of a prophet?

An envelope in a safe? A time stamped and copywritten web page?

I have read many different prophets over the years. The most accurate of them always seem to pop up after the event. Reading down through the postings I see prophets, and the advocates of many more.

The year 2000 Y2K extravaganza came and went in a damp squid, John Titor's 2004 election deadline for social disorder petered out into democracy. Where were the prophets on that evening of the 10th, September 2000? How many were still sleeping off the christmas excesses December 26th 2004?

Sure we get the predictions afterward. Oh. I had a dream. Great. Now you tell us. A lot of Scrooge's undigested pieces of potato, if you ask me.

So, where are all the real prophets? The ones who can put their hands on their hearts and say, in the near future, a certain event will occur. You can send it to me if you like, or someone else as cynical. When your prediction bears fruit, I can let the world know.

That my learned friends, is the acid test.......

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I predict further replies including way out predictions by others on this thread within 48 hrs! keep it safe

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i predict that i will be watching this thread closely to see what everyone predicts!!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chesterkat
i predict that i will be watching this thread closely to see what everyone predicts!!

Nothing here...this is the wrong forum for any personal predictions! Personal predictions are over at BTS

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
When I think of "acid-test", I think of the asset liquidity acid-test: the ratio between cash+cash equivalents+short-term investments and current liabilities. It tells you how much liquidity a firm has in paying off its current liabilities - very useful.

There is no acid-test for predictions! That's why they're predictions. You can only prove the accuracy of a prophet through past examples. Unless you sell off your receivable assets for cash.

new topics

top topics

join