It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My short story 'The New Apartment'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
But...but...but, there's no closure, no ending! I mean sure, there's the dead girl part, but the dead girl seems but an aside to the overall story at this point.

Was it just me, or did only two pictures (the picture of the basement and the picture of the coal chute) upload on the other thread?

This has the makings of a great tale!

On a side note, I wonder if all places are like that there. My sister lives in your city and you practically described her house to a "T". In fact, I just about jumped out of my chair when I saw the pic of the cops on the street. The house in the picture is remarkably similar to her place...remarkably. I think she lives on more of a hill though.

I thought I was sort of getting somewhere with the story.

You are right, 2 of the same pics were in other threads. I eventually decided to write about the entire building in one place.

The house in the pic is looking out of my french doors. The building I live in is brick with a tile roof and white pillars at the main entrance. But many houses in this area look like the one across the street.

Maybe I didn't want to go beyond the point that turned into 'and then there were 3' as in 3 filled apartments rather than 4.

I also watched "The Hours" the other night and Virginia Woolf is deciding that someone in Mrs. Dalloway needs to die. She first decides it should be the heroine and then decides it should be the writer.

It's was sooo surreal that within 24 hours or so, someone in my story actually died.

I might keep writing it. I was just in shock yesterday.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I continued it. As I got mails from members and lurkers to do so. Thanks.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join