It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye Board Buddies!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hey there my friends,

On Saturday I broke 2 bones in my right hand. As a result, I'n not going to be around for about 3 weeks. My typing speed changed from about 70 wpm to 6. I'm fairly long winded, but don't have 7 or 8 hours to put aside to respond to posts. I'll see y'all when I get this darn cast off!

JJ

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Recover soon, and take it easy in the spare time you have.
Geez, and here I thought you were going away for good.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
yeah take it easy. you don't want to make yourself worse.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Nah, gotta keep putting the heretics in their places

Video games are out, so I'm doing lots of research...hehehehe. I'm gonna be fun when I get back

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
wow junglej............i hope you have a speedy recovery!! let the bones heal and come back FULL of............errrr FULL of............ FULL OF KNOWLEDGE................that's it FULL OF KNOWLEDGE

angie

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
hehe Well, I'll be full of something.

Jeeze, I say I'm leaving, yet can't seem to pull away. Typing is really slow, too, using just my left hand. Haven't had to watch the keyboard while typing for a while...

It's strange discovering how dificult that which used to be simple basic things become when you lose your primary hand. Something I never considered before. Glad I wear loafers!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
you've been a member for a long time. this is where you belong and you just don't want to leave yet.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Yeah, and because I read stories like this.

I'm crackin' up about it and just gotta share!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
junglejake, i'm sure your hand will heal quickly and be fine.

A good personal 'clue' from past experience...plastic knitting needles are great if you need to scratch inside the cast. Just slide one inside the cast and

Sanc'.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Not really sure who you are since I just came back after a long break, but get better fast

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
junglejake, i'm sure your hand will heal quickly and be fine.

A good personal 'clue' from past experience...plastic knitting needles are great if you need to scratch inside the cast. Just slide one inside the cast and

Sanc'.

I actually don't have a cast. The break was very clean, they didn't even need to set the bones. I just have one of those palm splints and an ace bandage. I'm goint to see a bone doc this afternoon (I keep wanting to call it an obstatrition, but they don't do bones. Quite the opposite
) to find out if I'll need a more permenant cast.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Three words: Voice Recognition Technology.

I've played with it before, and for a short-term injury, it may not be worth the hassle.

But I have a standing promise to myself that if I ever become a quadraplegic, I am so going to get set up with that.

Just a "pleasant" thought. Get well soon!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I've done the voice thing when it first came out. I'm sure the tech has improved, but at the time I spent about 3 days saying words over and over, and still had to "type" some stuff by spelling it...And I'm a terrible speller.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
oooo, there are a lot of posts that need replyin' to!!!

When I get back, you guys are in trouble!!!

I actually have a net camera here...Anyone want a pic of this thing? It is nasty looking!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Nevermind about the pic, I can't upload it. If I find somewhere to post it online, I'll give y'all a link and you can look at your own risk. I just keep staring at my fingers where they've turned purple with red streaks where my knuckle wrinkles used to be with this disgusted look on my face...Yet I can't pull my eyes away.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hope your han heals fast
Good luck with your research

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You would be amazed how quickly you can learn to type one handed (and lefty at that) but it does cut down on the lenght of your posts
Speaking from personal experience here.

jm

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
lol obviously, I still haven't stopped posting, just posting fewer sentances.

hehe I'm also a little short with people 'cause of the pain (no meds, at work and have to drive)

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ouch! I shattered my right wrist about 4 years ago, but I had a good surgeon and things are as good as new. You have my sympaties.

I did use the voice recognition for awhile, but acutally the typing that I was able to do helped the wrist heal faster. I also switched the keyboard to a one-handed left hand configuration (you cn do this.... Dvorak keyboard) but it was more annoying than it was worth.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I could have done better. I could have shot myself in the leg with an arrow then posted here on ATS while all of y'all tried to convince me to go to the hospital. I'm not that hardcore. Yet

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join