It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait Twitter is owned by the Government now? Congress Warns Donald Trump: Stop Deleting Your Tweets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cado angelus

originally posted by: bknapple32
This is 21st century interpretation of law guys. Plain and simple. Public statements from the president of the united states need to be archived. Thus the confusion with that to do over twitter.

he tweets it - archive it. simple

Makes perfect sense - write an E.O. and make Twitter responsible for keeping the records (as if they don't already).

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Since he is POTUS, his tweets become public record (since they are publicly tweeted) once published (tweeted).

Deleting them then likely violates the law because they have become public record.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
a reply to: Stevemagegod

...nontransparent use of social media...

Is that not an oxymoron or am I confused? If someone puts something out there in social media and the whole world sees it...how is it then "nontransparent"?

Thats why i looked up the definition cause i was confused by that statement as well hahahahha

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wouldn't it depend on if he is speaking in an official, or unofficial capacity? (And does a President loose any personal righs just because they are elected President? Serious question. Please provide evidence if you try to answer it.)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all tweets recorded even if they are deleted? I would have thought so considering such measures must be in place to catch criminals.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

I don't think he deletes anything from the official @POTUS account. That account is not managed by him but by his staff. His personal twitter is @realDonaldTrump and he very infrequently deletes a tweet on that account. I don't think the Presidential Preservation Act applies to personal twitter accounts since there is already an official @POTUS account for that very purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join