It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait Twitter is owned by the Government now? Congress Warns Donald Trump: Stop Deleting Your Tweets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

WASHINGTON ― When President Donald Trump or a member of his staff deletes a tweet, they may be violating federal law, two top congressmen warned the White House this week.

See now i know there just making chit up.

Reps. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) and Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), chairman and ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, sent a letter to White House counsel Don McGahn on Wednesday expressing concerns about the Trump administration’s record keeping habits and its nontransparent use of social media and other forms of electronic communication.

Come on everyone knows Trump uses Twitter to troll the media and the establishment. So I highly doubt "Twitter" is an official record. Not to mention i noticed you used a interesting word to describe twitter: nontransparent

non·trans·par·ent ˌnäntranˈsperənt/ adjective 1. not able to be seen through; opaque. "a work rendered in nontransparent acrylic" 2. (of an organization or its activities) not open to public scrutiny. "the grant allocation process remains nontransparent and unclear"

So if im understanding the definition correctly you guys are MAD that Trump is bypassing the Media with a 140 character tweet. Lol this is gold because Trumps Twitter use makes him the most transparent President we have ever had. And we know how you guys like to keep secrets.

One example the lawmakers cited is Trump’s habit of misspelling and then deleting tweets, which they warned “could pose a violation to the Presidential Records Act” if the deleted tweets are not archived.

OMG Grammar Nazis have infiltrated the Government were all Doomed.

“Many of the messages sent from these accounts are likely to be presidential records and therefore must be preserved,” they wrote, referring to both Trump’s personal @realDonaldTrump account and his official @POTUS account. “It has been reported, however, that President Trump has deleted tweets, and if those tweets were not archived, it could pose a violation of the Presidential Records Act,” Chaffetz and Cummings wrote in the letter.

Yup im calling BS on this one. Everyone knows Obama never used Twitter. It was his Staff.

www.archives.gov...

Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978, 44 U.S.C. ß2201-2209, governs the official records of Presidents and Vice Presidents created or received after January 20, 1981. The PRA changed the legal ownership of the official records of the President from private to public, and established a new statutory structure under which Presidents must manage their records.

Specifically, the Presidential Records Act:

Defines and states public ownership of the records.
Places the responsibility for the custody and management of incumbent Presidential records with the President.
Allows the incumbent President to dispose of records that no longer have administrative, historical, informational, or evidentiary value, once he has obtained the views of the Archivist of the United States on the proposed disposal.
Requires that the President and his staff take all practical steps to file personal records separately from Presidential records.
Establishes a process for restriction and public access to these records. Specifically, the PRA allows for public access to Presidential records through the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) beginning five years after the end of the Administration, but allows the President to invoke as many as six specific restrictions to public access for up to twelve years. The PRA also establishes procedures for Congress, courts, and subsequent Administrations to obtain special access to records that remain closed to the public, following a thirty-day notice period to the former and current Presidents..
Requires that Vice-Presidential records are to be treated in the same way as Presidential records.

Places the responsibility for the custody and management of incumbent Presidential records with the President.

There is no violation. The Law allows him to responsibly manage his own chit. Just 1 more BS rule the establishment is trying to get Trump impeached on.
edit on 10-3-2017 by Stevemagegod because: Added a Link

edit on 10-3-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

There's a record of his deleted tweets here.
projects.propublica.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

There's a record of his deleted tweets here.

Apparently the Numb Nuts in the establishment and media dont know it.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
www.huffingtonpost.com...

WASHINGTON ― When President Donald Trump or a member of his staff deletes a tweet, they may be violating federal law, two top congressmen warned the White House this week.

See now i know there just making chit up.

Reps. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) and Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), chairman and ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, sent a letter to White House counsel Don McGahn on Wednesday expressing concerns about the Trump administration’s record keeping habits and its nontransparent use of social media and other forms of electronic communication.

Come on everyone knows Trump uses Twitter to troll the media and the establishment. So I highly doubt "Twitter" is an official record. Not to mention i noticed you used a interesting word to describe twitter: nontransparent

non·trans·par·ent ˌnäntranˈsperənt/ adjective 1. not able to be seen through; opaque. "a work rendered in nontransparent acrylic" 2. (of an organization or its activities) not open to public scrutiny. "the grant allocation process remains nontransparent and unclear"

So if im understanding the definition correctly you guys are MAD that Trump is bypassing the Media with a 140 character tweet. Lol this is gold because Trumps Twitter use makes him the most transparent President we have ever had. And we know how you guys like to keep secrets.

One example the lawmakers cited is Trump’s habit of misspelling and then deleting tweets, which they warned “could pose a violation to the Presidential Records Act” if the deleted tweets are not archived.

OMG Grammar Nazis have infiltrated the Government were all Doomed.

“Many of the messages sent from these accounts are likely to be presidential records and therefore must be preserved,” they wrote, referring to both Trump’s personal @realDonaldTrump account and his official @POTUS account. “It has been reported, however, that President Trump has deleted tweets, and if those tweets were not archived, it could pose a violation of the Presidential Records Act,” Chaffetz and Cummings wrote in the letter.

Yup im calling BS on this one. Everyone knows Obama never used Twitter. It was his Staff.

www.archives.gov...

Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978, 44 U.S.C. ß2201-2209, governs the official records of Presidents and Vice Presidents created or received after January 20, 1981. The PRA changed the legal ownership of the official records of the President from private to public, and established a new statutory structure under which Presidents must manage their records.

Specifically, the Presidential Records Act:

Defines and states public ownership of the records.
Allows the incumbent President to dispose of records that no longer have administrative, historical, informational, or evidentiary value, once he has obtained the views of the Archivist of the United States on the proposed disposal.
Requires that the President and his staff take all practical steps to file personal records separately from Presidential records.
Establishes a process for restriction and public access to these records. Specifically, the PRA allows for public access to Presidential records through the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) beginning five years after the end of the Administration, but allows the President to invoke as many as six specific restrictions to public access for up to twelve years. The PRA also establishes procedures for Congress, courts, and subsequent Administrations to obtain special access to records that remain closed to the public, following a thirty-day notice period to the former and current Presidents..
Requires that Vice-Presidential records are to be treated in the same way as Presidential records.

There is no violation. The Law allows him to responsibly manage his own chit. Just 1 more BS rule the establishment is trying to get Trump impeached on.

Let me know when he tweets and deletes Top Secret Classified material and I'll care...until then....its Twitter you idiot politician twits.

My bet is there a loophole herr...say if he does speech to text because as far as I know they aren't allowed to record conversations....well...at least that's what we've been told...LOL. he could also use Obama's excuse about his comms being presidentially protected...isnt that why we couldn't see Obama's emails with Hillary?

The hypocrisy is astounding...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

If he's destroying records then he IS in violation of the law. Is he destroying records?
edit on 10-3-2017 by Tsubaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

If he's destroying records then he IS in violation of the law. Is he destroying records?

The records are right here

like D8Tee said so. Now what was that about destroying records? Still waiting on those 30,000 destroyed BleachBit emails Hillary.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I don't know about US law, but in terms of how we do things in the UK, relating to Corporate Records Management, he's well out of line. Records - and if it's a presidential statement, regardless of the medium - need to be recorded. Twitter itself is not such a record unless relevant/non-relevant buckets exist and a disposal hold can be applied.

The man is flying solo and needs to be reined in, in my view. If a business colleague of mine rants via twitter, they lose credibility.

He should use official forums, make official statements and not use twitter - unless it's to post naked pictures of Ivanka. No-one wants to see Melania, so he can keep those to himself.

Bottom line is is - you're the president. Be official. Not a Twitter ranter like me....

Peace,

Cado.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The records are right here projects.propublica.org... like D8Tee said so. Now what was that about destroying records? Still waiting on those 30,000 destroyed BleachBit emails Hillary.
Can anyone imagine that the NSA doesn't have sets of records ...And how about that CIA group ...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is 21st century interpretation of law guys. Plain and simple. Public statements from the president of the united states need to be archived. Thus the confusion with that to do over twitter.
edit on 10-3-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
This is 21st century interpretation of law guys. Plain and simple. Public statements from the president of the united states need to be archived. Thus the confusion with that to do over twitter.

he tweets it - archive it. simple

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Plain and simple. Public statements from the president of the united states need to be archived.
I am sure the IC has a copy of every thing that is said over the web . I am glad that Obamas files are archived ,or are they ?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The only thing I have left to look forward to in life is the Dons tweets - they are the very definition of 'trigger', having a 100% success rate in activating e-trolls.

I don't call Dons tweets 'tweets', I call them 'Treets', because I love them (or more precisely, I love how they elicit full retard in others)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The schmucks don't know how technology works. Nothing is permanently deleted from twitter or instagram.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Deleted tweets from the White House
Deleted tweets from Obama

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
He only deletes material not work related.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I think his tweets are now apart of the National Archive and being so he's not allowed to pick and choose what he can delete.

If he wants to delete tweets he should become a private citizen again.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I think his tweets are now apart of the National Archive and being so he's not allowed to pick and choose what he can delete.

If he wants to delete tweets he should become a private citizen again.

why even try to engage in this conversation. its obvious what its intended for. just ignore it...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
sad!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Can anyone imagine that the NSA doesn't have sets of records

That's what I'm thinking...nothing is ever destroyed. But then that would show the extent of NSA spying domestically.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

...nontransparent use of social media...

Is that not an oxymoron or am I confused? If someone puts something out there in social media and the whole world sees it...how is it then "nontransparent"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join