It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are you bringing India in ufo topics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It is a third world country where about 800million people are poor farmers and the politicians are corrupt and have criminal charges,the 2ud largest AIDS populated country and why even bring China.USA is the only country which has alien tech eg stealth tech etc and is the most developed country and was the first country which had the ufo buzz.Let me tell you that only America would disclose the ufo info and would threaten to go to war with any country which wants to disclose ufo info and yes i am from india:indiffenent:

MOD EDIT: Please do not include WTF in your title. It is rude and offensive.

[edit on 2/2/05 by MacKiller]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I think most people living in India are just peaceful and simple people. This could be the reason for some aliens to prefer them.
You talk about disclosing, but if an extraterrestrial civilization has really decided to make a contact in little time, there's not a damn thing usa can do about it.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I am confused to as why you posted this. Are you saying its not fesable that aliens have been to India? That makes no sense to me at all, especially if it crashed landed there. They crashed so I doubt they ment to be in India then.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
UFO's have been reported all over the world. Also, sightings are reported by people who live in those countries so it's not like these are all made up.

Also, the US isn't the only country w/ "alien tech" as you put it. Many countries have strealth tech. I too am also confused on your post.

Cameron

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Huria86

posted on 1-2-2005 at 22:16
I am confused to as why you posted this. Are you saying its not fesable that aliens have been to India? That makes no sense to me at all, especially if it crashed landed there. They crashed so I doubt they ment to be in India then.

I think warthog911 maybe refering to an earlier thread named " India maybe the first nation to release information on UFO's ", with a link to India Daily supplied.
But I guess if thats the case He/she should be posing that question to India Daily

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I would like to see the US go to war with India.

Like an antlion attacking an anthill. Except the ants got minature nuclear weapons.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
It is a third world country where about 800million people are poor farmers and the politicians are corrupt and have criminal charges,the 2ud largest AIDS populated country and why even bring China.USA is the only country which has alien tech eg stealth tech etc and is the most developed country and was the first country which had the ufo buzz.Let me tell you that only America would disclose the ufo info and would threaten to go to war with any country which wants to disclose ufo info and yes i am from india:indiffenent:

This doesn't even deserve a response, but since I'm bored I'll give one anyway. The reason India is making UFO headlines is due to the numerous ufo sightings and alleged crashes in thier country in the past year. India may be preparing to release info that they have obtained to the general public. Why is this so hard to grasp?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm assuming this is some sort of attempt to discredit India.
Here are some facts:
India's population is more than one billion not 800 million.
You mention AIDS in India. How this effects UFO sitings I don't know but again you give a non-fact. The HIV/AIDS - adult prevalence rate: in India is about 0.8%. To compare the US is 0.6%. AIDS effects everyone and is irrelevant on this topic.

India is not a third world country. Third world by definition means undeveloped or dependence on advanced countries.Certainly parts of this huge country may be considered third world but so are parts of Canada. India has one of the worlds largest domestic satellite systems. They have the fourth larges coal reserve. AND India intends to go to the Moon!

EDIT:CIA World Fact book for more info.

[edit on 1/2/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You're definitely right about India not being a third world country Umbrax. They may be worse off than many countries today, but they're rapidly developing, technologically and economically, and its even predicted in 2020 that India will surpass the US and Europe in terms of economic power. How ould you call India third world Worthog when you live there?

Getting back on topic, do you really think that UFO's only hover around the economically well-off, and don't bother with the poorer Indians? I doubt economic status has anything do do with sightings and abductions. And even though at the moment the US is ahead of India technologically, does that relatively small technology gap really make a difference when you consider alien technology which is far superior to that of both countries? You bring up some facts worthog, but they don't really seem connected in any way to UFO's

[edit on 1-2-2005 by zhangmaster]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
India's current postion in the worlds population has some merit, when it comes to those that are peaceful and remote, and with a need to be understood of what has been seen by many.... How can anyone here know what is going on? My first thought... would be a concern in that area, for whatever reasons, there is a threat of some sorts.... Rather it be a discloser, or further Earths events that will put millions in danger. There is more to it, right now we just don't see it, or maybe some of us do.
It might be worth while to look at the previous sightings, and relate them to after the fact of loss of life... We continue to be reactive... not proactive in knowing! Just my thoughts, as far feitched(sp?) as it might seem.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
I think most people living in India are just peaceful and simple people.

What in the world makes you think people in india are significantly different from everyone else?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Physh1
UFO's have been reported all over the world. Also, sightings are reported by people who live in those countries so it's not like these are all made up.

Also, the US isn't the only country w/ "alien tech" as you put it. Many countries have strealth tech. I too am also confused on your post.

Cameron

my thoughts exactly... well said

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Shouldn't this topic be deleted by mods? It's serves no purpose, it sounds very racist and further the author is not even informed on India.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The author is stating that he is infact from india, so I don' t see how he can be 'uninformed' about it.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The author is stating that he is infact from india, so I don' t see how he can be 'uninformed' about it.

The author could have said he is from Jupiter, that does not mean he is right if he says Jupiter has wings(not rings) The author is obviously a troll and seems to hate India. A lot of what he said about India, especially the 800 million are farmers comment is just pure bunk. And hence "uninformed"

If you were to ask an economist or geopolitical analyst you would hear completely the opposite about India. Now, whose more informed, them or this guy who says 800 million are farmers.

This topic should be deleted and this member banned - it's a waste of space.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Although I do indeed believe this thread to be of little or no value in advancing the discussion of UFO/ET activity, I, too, "feel" radnomly incliined to toss in my 2 rupees...

Q: Why would ETs be interested in India?

A: As one of the more recent members of the "nuclear club" and the single greatest catalyst to a nuclear arms race in SE Asia, I for one do not see why it is so far-fetched that ETs would take an interest in the subcontinent. Even a minimal amount of "surface screatching" on the topic will uncover a strong corellation between nuclear activity and reported UFO sightings. This is nothing new.

Regarding India's population

C: Yes, while the population of India is well over 1 billion, the author is correct in his assertion
that the country's population consists mostly of poor, insular farming villages. 800 million sounds about right for an off-the-hip estimation. Very few of India's 1+ billion people have benefited from the IT boom (hence the numerous victories in the msot recent elections by Congress Party candidates at both the national and state level).

Regarding India's status as a developing nation

C: I do agree that it is important to differentiate between "thrid world" nations and "developing" countries. India is definitely of the latter. **However** If I was to select a category from either "developed" or "third world," as someone who a) has lived in India (Bangalore, to be specific) for 3 of the past 7 years, and b) is married to an Indian national (by extension 1/2 my family is Indian, and when there, our discussions on this very topic -- India's status as a developing nation, not the UFO topic -- last well into the early morning hours), I would have to choose "third world."

You see, when trash and sewage is haphazardly thrown out in the street, when viral fever outbreaks remain rampant with each change of season, when nearly three-quarters of the pottable water supply is infected with potentially fatal viral or bacterial agents, and when it seems utterly impossible to provide uninterrupted electricity for 24 hours, one is left questioning just how far India has or is progressing on the sliding scale of development.

As taken directly from the 2004 UN report on the global AIDS epidemic as it relates to India: "The country accounts for 40% of the world's poor and its social indicators are still poor by most measures of human development."

Google Abdul Kalam's acceptance speech when he was elected president. Or Azim Premji's (the richest man in India) thoughts on the subject. You can read for yourself that this is not an observation shared just by foreigners and NRIs.

Regarding the HIV epidemic in India

C: Yes, the prevalence rate in the U.S is .6%, as compared to the .8-.9% estimation for the Indian subcontinent. Now let's put this perspective:

1. In terms of raw numbers, you're talking fewer than one million people in the U.S. infected with HIV (as per CDC estimates) as opposed to an estimated 8.8 million persons in India (based on an estimated population of 1.1 billion and an estimated prevalence rate of .8%), or approx. 900% more than the U.S.

2. Even in terms of the rate of incidence, a 25% increase is more than slightly statistically significant.

In closing, I see no shortage of reasons as to why ETs would be interested in activities within the Indian subcontinent.

However, as someone who appreciates factual information, I think it's only fair to present the facts as well.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Really, if we are suppose to be discussing India, it's better suited to a political discussion. It has nothing to do with aliens. I've personally been India and I did not like the people much and I was apalled by the disparity. However, in terms of geopolitics, military and economic power, India is one of the strongest countries in the world. It is also a dichtomy of being most spiritual country in the world and would naturally be more receptive to alien contact, as extraterrestrial life is accepted in Hindusim. This would be more important for space-intelilgence than infrastructure is.

China is the same. Like India, it has the malls, highways, multiplexes, fast food chains, a powerful military and economy, but it discriminates against the poor and it maintains a socio-economic gap. I personally find this disgusting. But nearly every country in the world is corrupt. So why single out India, China or any other country?

Plus, Indian democracy actually works. The people are actually in control of the government and they all exploit that. And how open-minded can people be when they elect a white woman as their prime minister?

All countries have their positives and negatives; so does India. The author of this topic only concentrates on the negatives and exaggerates them. He talks about AIDS, when AIDS is a bigger problem in Africa. He talks about 800 million poor people, which is bull, in reality it's less than half of that. He does not mention that more than 300 million Indians is a techno-savvy middle class. It is actually a fact, India has the most educated scientific and technical population in the world.

If you rank the poor nations in the world. India would not even rank in the top 200. It's a misonception that India is poor. A country with a purchasing power parity of $3.3 trillion is far from poor. It means it's the 4th most economically strong country in the world and in 5 years will exceed Japan's economy. In terms of military, it has a near-blue water navy, a modern air force and one of the biggest militaries in the world. It is considered by many geopolitical and economic analyst to be a rising superpower of this century. It has one of the most advanced scientific industries in the world as well; in particular in information technology and biotechnology.

It would only make sense that aliens would want to deal with one of the most powerful countries in the world. I don't blame people for their misconceptions. Unfortunately, they are going to have to realize that the world is actually round and is not CNN, ABC or BBC. Most people thought that Iran was a backwards nation, because that is how it is portrayed in the media. We have now seen from the photographs of the Iranian cities, that this is not true.

India, like China, is ranked as a 2nd world country. But these ranks are meaningless and is basically created by very arrogant westerners to maintain a superiority complex. In terms of economy, military and technology both India and China are stronger than all of the advanced countries in Europe.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
first of all, worlds second largest aids population, is in southern africa, (south africa, botswana, zimbabwe, etc.)

second, check your sources, they arent third world. id like to see a third world country have nuclear weapons (the way they are intended to be used: missile silos, i think)

Third, somebody close this topic, its was a waste of my time

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
The author is obviously a troll and seems to hate India.

He has said that there are corrupt government officials and a lot of poor people in the country.

A lot of what he said about India, especially the 800 million are farmers comment is just pure bunk. And hence "uninformed"

The matter is simple. If he is not from india then he is lying and he shoudl be banned.

Admin can easily, and should, verify that he is posting from india.

If he is in india, then he is certainly informed enough even if an off the cuff comment about '800 million poor farmers' isn't accurate.

Since when are wastes of space banned here?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

Damn Indigo, if I knew that you were available when I was very busy this week I would have handed my modship over to you.

I think a point missing is that India IS growing tech wise very fast. Link that with the population and you will see an increase is reports from that area.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join