It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 15 Million People Will Lose Health Coverage Under GOP Repeal Bill

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Jahari

Sorry.
I'll try harder to fulfill your expectations.

I promise.

You need to. It goes back to my first reply to you about what assumptions make you. Thats axactly what you look like at this very moment bro. Unreal.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I saw it.
What does it have to do with not knowing the difference between Medicare and Medicaid, and how either would be affected by the AHCA?

edit on 3/19/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If you think about it, America already has a Universal Health program. Almost everyone over age 64 is on Federally Subsidized Medicare health insurance.

My Dad is on Medicare Health, Medicare Prescription, and a Medicare Supplement plans. He's had prostate/bone cancer for 9 years, Diabetes, and a Pace-maker installed 21 years ago.

Until 3 weeks ago, Medicare authorized and paid for every treatment, procedure and medication, that the doctors requested over those years. (One oral cancer drug has a co-pay of $720 @ month.) Now, at age 98 and bed-ridden, the nurses have finally said that it's time to stop the aggressive treatments and let nature take control. Nothing but morphine and meals, when he feels like eating. He's laying behind me, on oxygen, as I type this.

The point I'm trying to make is that Medicare (in it's present form) does not dissuade physicians and hospitals from conducting proper tests, or giving proper treatments..even when the patient is in their system for decades at a time. I would have no problem signing up for it, or recommending Medicare to anyone in my family... Young or Old.

It might plug things up if 50 million people are added to the current Medicare system...but Congress can expand the existing service/delivery platform fairly easily and quickly, if it wanted to.

Please excuse my ignorance but doesn't this current plan cut Medicare funding?

No.. it cuts MediCAID funding. But there are some Medicaid-related changes being incorporated this week. The final AHCA that reaches President Trump's desk, will be different from what we seen now.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And, with the timing window, it's likely that most members of the House will not know what those changes actually are.

edit on 3/19/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I saw it.
What does it have to do with not knowing the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?

1. You said I don't know what im talking about yet I never claimed to know either way.

2. I don't have either or know anyone with either.

3. I asked you for clarification since you came across as someone who knew. I just wanted a answer not a smug comment.

4. I explained that to you in the first post I sent to you.

What are you missing?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

My apologies.
You never claimed to have taken an informed position.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

My apologies.
You never claimed to have taken an informed position.

I came to read the comments in hopes of getting a better understanding.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I've heard as high as 25 million.

It doesn't matter though to those supporting Trump and who vote for the GOP.

They want everything to go back to the way it was before the ACA.

Sorry, but your insurance prices won't drop, and things won't go back to how it once was. Prices will continue to rise, as usual.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

The internal White House study shows 26 million losing health insurance over the next 10 years.

www.politico.com...

-cwm

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And the White House, and the House leadership, just says...what?

So...weird.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Kettu

The internal White House study shows 26 million losing health insurance over the next 10 years.

www.politico.com...

-cwm

Eh...what's an extra one million Americans who probably didn't have health insurance before the ACA anyway!
/s

^^ That's pretty much the attitude of my conservative family members and friends. To them, the people who will loose health coverage didn't have it before the ACA anyway.

To them, this is like pressing the rewind button. In fact, most of them aren't to thrilled that it's not a complete gutting.

What they don't realize is that this won't fix anything for them or make their situation any better at all. Prices never go DOWN on things like this. When has health insurance premiums ever gone down for any appreciable span of time?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join