It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 15 Million People Will Lose Health Coverage Under GOP Repeal Bill

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Jahari

Good thing everybody is healthy.
Right?

Yea your going to have to be more specific Mr. Miyagi. What do you mean by that? Or maybe read the thread so you can properly know my stance and the stance of the person I was replying to as well. I assure you your way off base with whatever assumption you've made. And im sure someone of your intelligence know what those usually makes you.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It's hard to imagine that the Governor of a state would screw over the people who elected him/her, for the sake of "politics", isn't it?

If it wasn't for the powerful medical lobby groups, I'm pretty confident that President Trump would advocate for enabling anyone to enroll in MEDICARE, if he/she wanted to. Medicare is VERY efficiently run, but doctors/hospitals don't want to accept the 30%-50% pay cut that Medicare patients would bring.

Example: www.texmed.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Sorry for being obscure.

Not everyone is as healthy as you (or I).

Some people have what is known as chronic illness. Of course, they're probably just malingerers.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
All the bickering aside, can anyone here actually argue FOR this change using facts and logic?

I can't see anything positive about continuing to have a middle man between us and our healthcare.
Yes. You nailed it. Remove the insurance companies, and you have universal health care for your people. Big Health will squawk. That doesn't have to make you sad. Good luck, America deserves it.

My only complaint about universal health coverage:

It'll end up mimicing managed care. So my hurdle to decent healthcare will be the cost. Lower cost/lower efect solutions will be tried first rather than using te most effective treatment first.

Example: lincocin in place of rocephin. Or using an xray to try to diagnose soft tissue ailments. We already had an ER turn my son away for gall bladder problems, insisting he was simply having cramps. His diseased gall bladder was removed a week later.

There's an underlying philosophy that worries me. Primarily, that non medical staff, or staff who is incentivized to reduce costs, will impede my treatment, prolonging effective treatment and potentially worsening the end result.

Otherwise, Im not ashamed to admit that I have no issue with a modern society giving itself that benefit. It makes sense on a grander scale. The whole slipper slope thing is unnerving, though.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Sorry for being obscure.

Not everyone is as healthy as you (or I).

Some people have what is known as chronic illness. Of course, they're probably just malingerers.

Thats definitely true. Gotta save those vacation days right? So what is your opinion on the topic of Obamacare vs Trumpcare? I don't have a horse in this race so I haven't given it much thought either way. I just came through to read the comments.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

As far as I can discern, Trump has offered nothing (how odd), but a broken promise that everyone who wants health insurance will have it.

As far as I can tell, the AHCA will cause a whole hell of a lot of people to lose access to the health care which they have had.

edit on 3/19/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

As far as I can discern, Trump has offered nothing (how odd), but a broken promise that everyone who wants health insurance will have it.

As far as I can tell, the AHCA will cause a whole hell of a lot of people to lose access to the health care which they have had.

Ok so to my knowledge these are the same complaints about the ACA. Guess my next question is which is the lesser of the two evils?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

The one that does not remove health care from millions who now have it?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

The one that does not remove health care from millions who now have it?

Exactly. So until someone comes up with a Healthcare bill that gets coverage for those that lost Healthcare due to ACA leave it in place right? Wait! Ok of those that lost Healthcare under ACA how many of those will be covered under AHCA?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If you think about it, America already has a Universal Health program. Almost everyone over age 64 is on Federally Subsidized Medicare health insurance.

My Dad is on Medicare Health, Medicare Prescription, and a Medicare Supplement plans. He's had prostate/bone cancer for 9 years, Diabetes, and a Pace-maker installed 21 years ago.

Until 3 weeks ago, Medicare authorized and paid for every treatment, procedure and medication, that the doctors requested over those years. (One oral cancer drug has a co-pay of $720 @ month.) Now, at age 98 and bed-ridden, the nurses have finally said that it's time to stop the aggressive treatments and let nature take control. Nothing but morphine and meals, when he feels like eating. He's laying behind me, on oxygen, as I type this.

The point I'm trying to make is that Medicare (in it's present form) does not dissuade physicians and hospitals from conducting proper tests, or giving proper treatments..even when the patient is in their system for decades at a time. I would have no problem signing up for it, or recommending Medicare to anyone in my family... Young or Old.

It might plug things up if 50 million people are added to the current Medicare system...but Congress can expand the existing service/delivery platform fairly easily and quickly, if it wanted to.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Exactly.

Exactly how many people will lose health coverage under the GOP plan?
Exactly how many people will gain health coverage under the GOP plan?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well...we are going through a periodic audit for my uncle who is unable to use any limb other than his right arm, which is terribly deformed from doctors not bother to set the broken bones when they assumed he'd die. He had a leg amputated in 2015, and a foul smelling, 10 year old wound on his lower back. And we are having to fight to keep his medicare coverage.

So there's that.

In the end we'll prevail. Or someone else, like the hospital, will end up footing the bill for treatment. Its not like he can be left untreated....the risk of litigation is pretty high. His daughters are blood suckers.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If you think about it, America already has a Universal Health program. Almost everyone over age 64 is on Federally Subsidized Medicare health insurance.

My Dad is on Medicare Health, Medicare Prescription, and a Medicare Supplement plans. He's had prostate/bone cancer for 9 years, Diabetes, and a Pace-maker installed 21 years ago.

Until 3 weeks ago, Medicare authorized and paid for every treatment, procedure and medication, that the doctors requested over those years. (One oral cancer drug has a co-pay of $720 @ month.) Now, at age 98 and bed-ridden, the nurses have finally said that it's time to stop the aggressive treatments and let nature take control. Nothing but morphine and meals, when he feels like eating. He's laying behind me, on oxygen, as I type this.

The point I'm trying to make is that Medicare (in it's present form) does not dissuade physicians and hospitals from conducting proper tests, or giving proper treatments..even when the patient is in their system for decades at a time. I would have no problem signing up for it, or recommending Medicare to anyone in my family... Young or Old.

It might plug things up if 50 million people are added to the current Medicare system...but Congress can expand the existing service/delivery platform fairly easily and quickly, if it wanted to.

Please excuse my ignorance but doesn't this current plan cut Medicare funding?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Please excuse my ignorance

Medicaid. Not Medicare.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Please excuse my ignorance

Medicaid. Not Medicare.

Boy you sure do beat google! So I take it Medicaid is for the poor?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

So, I take it you actually have no idea what you have been talking about?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Most of those who "lose" their ObamaCare coverage will simply shop for/purchase a lower-priced customized policy. They will pick the new health insurance before their ObamaCare insurance is cancelled out.

The Republicans did a dumb thing by having only part-1 of their 3-part AHCA bill "scored" by the Congressional Budget Office. Part-1 is mostly about ObamaCare REPEAL. Naturally, repealing Obamacare dumps everyone into the water. Part-2 of the AHCA bill is defining the new parameters for Health Insurance plans and allowing people to buy those new plans.

If part-1 and part-2 were "scored" together, the CBO numbers of people losing their health insurance would "only" be a few million. It be the people who do not WANT to buy health insurance.

Republicans decided to take this "back door" (3-part) approach, because no Democrats want to participate in formulating ObamaCare's replacement. Part-1 only needs a "simple" majority in the Senate, to pass. Part-2 and Part-3 will need Senate Democrats to vote "YES"...which they will most like do, in sufficient numbers to pass Parts 2 and 3.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I think you don't read the thread you comment on. What exactly have i been talking about? You need to step it up bro! I made a comment about a guy that said he was healthy not about the topic. I'm really disappointed in your lack of effort.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Sorry.
I'll try harder to fulfill your expectations.

I promise.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

If you need help my first comment is on page 8. Smh! Wow your unbelievable.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join